[Help] gameguard total removel

mechawk

Question

Hi all,

Im running a very small private L2J Server Interlude L2J Server Version 1100 L2J Datapack version 3307. This server has a very small number of people playing on it. I want to shut down the use and operation of GameGuard on serverside and on client side. I have alreadly shut done the use in the gamesever config (both set to false). And im not sure if this totally shuts it donw.  But what must be done on clientside. Any help and/or info on this matter would be great.

ps (Admin ,if I have posted this in the wrong area, im sorry and please move it ,if you think it is)

Thank you

Mech

"See you on the other side..."

13 answers to this question

Hi,

I try the wildcard idea, but didnt work. :( Maybe my client version is before 746. I even removed the nprotect ip address (from my host file)before I try it and gameguard at char. screen said error, running hack. So not to sure what next to try on that. I really would like to remove all from the client.

My settings in the server option.config is this:

# Enforce gameguard for clients

#   GameGuardEnforce - enforces gameguard query on character login

#   GameGuardProhibitAction - don't allow player to perform trade, talk with npc

#     or move until gameguard reply is received.

GameGuardEnforce = false

GameGuardProhibitAction = false

So any more help would be great.

Thank you

Mech

Hi,

I try the wildcard idea, but didnt work. :( Maybe my client version is before 746. I even removed the nprotect ip address (from my host file)before I try it and gameguard at char. screen said error, running hack. So not to sure what next to try on that. I really would like to remove all from the client.

My settings in the server option.config is this:

# Enforce gameguard for clients

#  GameGuardEnforce - enforces gameguard query on character login

#  GameGuardProhibitAction - don't allow player to perform trade, talk with npc

#    or move until gameguard reply is received.

GameGuardEnforce = false

GameGuardProhibitAction = false

So any more help would be great.

Thank you

Mech

What about the login ? ;)

Hi,

Well I found the one in the login config file and changed it to False and corrected the two "false" to "False" and with no "nprotect" ip address in the clients PC "Host" file I try login on and recieved two errors at the char. select screen. 1st. " A hacking tool has been discovered. Please try playing again after closing unnecessary programs. Error Code="blank". Then short after that I get this 2nd. "There was a problem when running GameGaurd. Error Code=620).  Now I did this with out using the "Wildcard.rar" dll idea(that is for Interlude 746 and Up. My server is set allow only 740 to 746 version of Interlude. But I still try the "Wildcard.rar" .dll file. And I recieved the exact same result and errors.

Now maybe there is a "Wildcard"(dsetup.dll) out there for old Interlude version, im not sure and I can't find any, as of yet. I have also with L2_FileEdit looked into the L2.ini to see if there is some way to set False GameGaurd, but no luck so far. Im still to much of a noob on how to edit the dsetup.dll "Wildcard" file or even the orginal that is in my client now.

I would also like to take a moment to thank all who have some far try to help me "Thank you" *bows*

Thank you

Mech

Hi all,

With what chandy provide for a download, I was able to find the one file in it, that I moved to my other clients and was able to remove the nprotect ip address for my host.file and delete and has not return the "GameGaurd" folder from the "system"folder. And with that I was able to be able to log on to my server without receiving any GG errors at char. selection screen. So Thank You!!! chandy for making that available to me. And also, thank you, to all for your help in this matter. *bow*

The file that did it was Nwindow.dll. Im not sure how, when I looked at it with "ResHacker" I can't see any differences between two liked name , but different dated files. So I have a bit more to learn. If anyone has any ideas on this, it would be great to hear them.

+1 karma to chandy(Im not sure how to give it to him, but he has it coming hehe)

Thank you

Mech

Hi all,

With what chandy provide for a download, I was able to find the one file in it, that I moved to my other clients and was able to remove the nprotect ip address for my host.file and delete and has not return the "GameGaurd" folder from the "system"folder. And with that I was able to be able to log on to my server without receiving any GG errors at char. selection screen. So Thank You!!! chandy for making that available to me. And also, thank you, to all for your help in this matter. *bow*

The file that did it was Nwindow.dll. Im not sure how, when I looked at it with "ResHacker" I can't see any differences between two liked name , but different dated files. So I have a bit more to learn. If anyone has any ideas on this, it would be great to hear them.

+1 karma to chandy(Im not sure how to give it to him, but he has it coming hehe)

Thank you

Mech

about the Nwindow.dll it can be older system since l2 has a weekly update on the client

Hi again,

This is still working with the "NWindow.dll" for OS windows XP, but now what file here in the download effects Vista? Anyone have ideas on total stopping GameGuard in Vista. Using just the NWindow.dll doesn't work in Vista, what  file be in the download Chandy proved?  In this step up i have above.

Thank you

Mech

Hi,

Im still trying to get my L2 Interlude client, running on Windows Vista, but without gameguard.  Any help with this would be great.

Thank you

Mech