[Help] Hosting to Dedicated.

MeVsYou

Question

Well hello again guys...As i host for first time in dedicated server i would like to ask something ;) .

First of all ,how much space gb i need to host ?

I think more than 2 gb no need right ???? Only server files i will transfer...Am i wrong ????

hmm what about back ups :) ......Can you explain me more?? i must do daily backups??or it will happen by the machine auto....

I am sry but dont know thats why i am asking.

Standart Intel server with 2x3ghz intel CPU`s (not virtual cpu`s, but double physically) with RAM 6 GB ECC on board,

4x320 gb Hard drives whitch is organized by Intel external Raid card, for better performance.

About i-net speed, there is a optical cable with speed 100mbps.

Sounds good..i'd appreciate if u could post me your hosting company to check it..and how much u pay.

about back ups, u have to do every 3/4 hours.

Are you using RAID system? Which will write to 2 hds the same data so if parts of other disk gets corrupted you can get the data from undamaged HD (done automaticly).

I think he wont have such problems though...

Anyways ,the machine is good ,use it.

Guys guys...lol plz give me your lights :D ....

The server machine use linux and as it is my first time i am totally neird about how to install my server there and all the needed programs...

Lol i read some topics for linux here but i dont understand many things.......

Can you help me in anyway :/ .

Guys guys...lol plz give me your lights :D ....

The server machine use linux and as it is my first time i am totally neird about how to install my server there and all the needed programs...

Lol i read some topics for linux here but i dont understand many things.......

Can you help me in anyway :/ .

As i know , Linux works with commands.

Google it for more info.

If u're gonna use linux, use this:

http://www.hetzner.de/en/hosting/produktmatrix/rootserver-produktmatrix/

take the EQ 6 with 69 € / month and u have to pay 145 € for the install.

Lol guys....i will host to this server machine.....

And what about google :D .... Lol thats why i ask you if you can give me links with better explanations and generally if you know to help me in anyway ;) .

hmm...it is not so helpfull but thx in advance extreme....

Linux instalation infos will give only some guys who know about these...so it will be hard to find a way ;) .

if u dont know about linux, it just waste of money to rent a linux server,  install on your homecomputer linux and try it out... after 1-2 months if u think u are ready with linux. may u can start rent one

if u dont know about linux, it just waste of money to rent a linux server,  install on your homecomputer linux and try it out... after 1-2 months if u think u are ready with linux. may u can start rent one

I'dd say Linux is pretty good for a server. I prefer windows cause I'm accustomed to it. If you had used linux as long as windows you might even tell the opposite.

I'dd say Linux is pretty good for a server. I prefer windows cause I'm accustomed to it. If you had used linux as long as windows you might even tell the opposite.

Actually i agree with you.