Problem with a local webserver!

Blane

Hello, recently I installed XAMPP (or how it spells anyway), cause I was boring to install PHP, Apache & MySQL one-by-one.Even if the installation finished normally now the only thing that I get when I click http://localhost is a page which says "It works".Nothing more, nothing less.I can't change it.I looked everywhere.And here's what I've already done:

• Unistall/Reinstall (Nothing changed).
  • Deleted the cookies from Firefox/IE.
  • Looked everywhere in the folders.
  • Moved my own website in the root folder and the htdocs folder.

Nothing from the above helped me though.I wait here for serious answers.No spam please,

-Blane

Hello, recently I installed XAMPP (or how it spells anyway), cause I was boring to install PHP, Apache & MySQL one-by-one.Even if the installation finished normally now the only thing that I get when I click http://localhost is a page which says "It works".Nothing more, nothing less.I can't change it.I looked everywhere.And here's what I've already done:

• Unistall/Reinstall (Nothing changed).
  • Deleted the cookies from Firefox/IE.
  • Looked everywhere in the folders.
  • Moved my own website in the root folder and the htdocs folder.

Nothing from the above helped me though.I wait here for serious answers.No spam please,

-Blane

yea when you install this it has it default when you click localhost to show you that html

search in the installation folder you will find it 100%

I bet you have teamviewer opened 24/7..

Port is taken by teamviewer ,msn,skype or w/e.

But usually ,teamviewer uses :80 and when u type ur local ip 127.0.0.1:80 aka localhost ,it shows status of teamviewer's port.

Had same problem :)

Also ,im a xampp fan ,so there is a xampp-portcheck.exe ,use it ,it tells process that the port is taken by :]

Go to C:/xampp/htdocs and you put your files there.

Edit the HTML page and you will see that it will change.

hf

Agree add your files there and try again. The default index.htm file has this text "It works!" change it to your own.

If that doesn't work then try to re-setup xampp and relocate the folder its in.If that doesn't work either try to download the latest version of xampp.

Agree add your files there and try again. The default index.htm file has this text "It works!" change it to your own.

If that doesn't work then try to re-setup xampp and relocate the folder its in.If that doesn't work either try to download the latest version of xampp.

im not so sure..

i've installed xampp recently ,and i got some splash screen first (choose language) and then "Welcome to xampp" and such shits :/

im not so sure..

i've installed xampp recently ,and i got some splash screen first (choose language) and then "Welcome to xampp" and such shits :/

I prefer xampp lite which works fine. (In windows 7 also.) Get it here