[Discussion] Sad but True - No more Greek servers… Please?

This Short comment is from a GREEK admin/player to Greeks Admins...

(Nekys is Greek, so..)

================================

Its a fact that Greece has most private server related to its population. Thats evil. I mean, what is that illness that Greek people have that makes the 99% of the private server players into «wannabe-gm». The worst part is that Greek servers are mostly highly populated. I am Greek and I own 2 private servers and I am admin into another 2. But I don’t understand some things like…

A successfull Greek private server should:

Be on a ADSL home line with dynamic IP, upload below 1024Kbit and latency over 300ms.

Be on a Home PC with Windows XP and a thousand shit running in the background. Also server admin should play from the same PC so he makes sure he is always online and when players shout «LAAAAG» he awnsers that they are noobs and he (the Admin) doesn’t lag.

Admin should have great knowledge on how the TH and Necro is played. Should also never had any Quest. Having Quests is another illness that never comes over you until you die (in real life).

Server’s skills should work 200% and usually are coming from various websites where someone that has slighly more knowledge than our server Admin (knowledge to open notepad) has edited all the PASSIVE and NOT_DONE skills and added whatever stats he wanted. Thats good. Noone of his players will ever find the difference, because never saw any skill working as Retail.

Server should be based on some serverpack which is 4-5 month (at least) old and its author claim its 100% working all of the skills, quests etc. It doesn’t matter that a Kamael character has only 10 active skills full classed up to 85 level, but the active skills that was not made, are removed from passive (as deactivated). That also has made the world famous roumor that Kamael race sucks.

Also max players on server should be not more than 30 (with lags) or 3000 with huges lags. In the second case the problem comes from the fact that server admins have put 3000 bots on their own server, so you my fellow player, believe that really has 3000 players.

DDoS every 30 minutes. Yes successfull servers are DDoSed every 30 minutes from other evil server owners that are jealous from the server’s success (the 3000 bots and 2 players). Yes there are people like these. Always believe your Admin when says that others cause the problems. He knows everything.

Bugged quests and mobs are placed by the server’s admins. They do this so they can… I don’t know, but its widely known that server admins place the bugs in purpose. Their server has no bugs at all and if some bug appears is placed by a Admin on purpose. Ask them why, I never understood.

Curse Death Link skill causes 3k damage with full HP.

Mages have disabled the Fear/ Cancel and related debuff skills because they are evil skills and ruin the game. It doesn’t matter that a Mage is 1 hit from a dwarf in such servers. Mage have to be balanced!

If server Admin doesn’t know how to disable these skills there is rule for not using these demonic skills. You will get banned account, but don’t worry, if you offer the Admin 20$ you will have your account back, but don’t bother. If you start from the begining you will have your uber-char again back in 10 minutes.

Wipe or rollback is made every week for 1 or 2 days

Restart takes 20-300 minutes.

Update takes 1-2 days downtime.

Closes after 1 month.

Players should never use pet invetories or pets because they are «bugged».

Players should wait about 2-3 month for the server to update to latest L2J revision. On new chronicles/ throne updates, that time can be made 4-5 months. Usuall excuse? New revision has many «bugs» (when you hear «bug», always remember that bug means a feature that doesn’t work at all meaning its not added. It doesn’t matter that in later revisions about 10 exploits are fixed, but that some item has not be added yet (of is available in gm panel with not right stats).

Players are following some guide to do a quest (that illness remember above?) and the guide on the website they follow, its outdated. In final these players leave because that Quest it bugged because its not working as the guide says.

Well there are more things that I can’t recall now. There rules apply to any (wannabe) successfull private server of any nationality. I just refered to Greek private server because thats the area I care about. Some of you will recongise your private server or the private server that you play on. I am not a saint and I make mistakes, but I write this down so I can remember what to do next time I will open a server. Remeber, always know less. its for your own good. Curiosity killed the cat, etc…

EDIT no1: Also has about 3000 votes and 15 maximum players online.

==================================

From Nekys Blog, Comment please.

Not all greeks are like this.

Greeks got one of the biggest community that play l2, so many noobs play too.

u cant call xxxrxxx or fakoykas noobs cz theyre greek, also some of the best devs are greek.

This msg should be going to some ppl, not whole greek gaming population.

this msg should go to newbs that download pre-compiled pack and make them online from their home pc with 0 knowledge of developing.

Thats my opinion.

This is for Greek Admins , not for greek players.

For those admins, who gets ready packs, and put them online without knowing a shit about the game.

read carefully.

This is for Greek Admins , not for greek players.

For those admins, who gets ready packs, and put them online without knowing a shit about the game.

read carefully.

thats what i said ._.

well thats true for everybody not only for greeks

well yea i saw kinda many servers done by lt/br ppl, same to greek. but the 80-85% of dumb pre-compiled servers are gr.

well yea i saw kinda many servers done by lt/br ppl, same to greek. but the 80-85% of dumb pre-compiled servers are gr.

//Agree

it wasnt that way before! =(

//Agree

=================

Also, you guys wanna know which was my first L2 EVER ? was BnB Greek Server :D

C3 if im not wrong, yeah..

GooD Times...

I really avoid playing in greek servers even if im greek because greek players suck.Most greek players are 10 years old kids who flame you IG.Also there are servers who use a ready pack and make a server that gonna be closed very early.But don't look at the quantity but look at the quality of greek servers which i have to say that is very bad.There are few really good greek servers ( counted in a hand ).Most of them have corrupted staff, ready packs, low connections..