[Guide]Test if ur antivirus Work's.

Crash™

hello here a little and simple guide to test if ur antivirus works

Just open the notepad

and copy this code.

X5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

save it as eicar.com

Your anti-virus software may prevent you from saving the file as eicar.com, which is a sign that it is working effectively.

If it doesn't raise an alert, try scanning the folder where you saved eicar.com. To see what happens if you try to run a file containing a virus, double-click eicar.com to open it.

NOTE:

The file eicar.com you have created is completely safe. It is not a virus.

It is a standard test file developed by the European Institute for Computer Anti-virus Research (EICAR).

All anti-virus products are programmed to detect this file as if it was a real virus. TYou can safely use it to test your anti-virus  without fear of injecting your computer.

If your anti-virus product should fail to prevent you from running the file, it will simply display the text "EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE" in a DOS box. No harm will have been done, but you should probably consider using a better anti-virus product, because if it had been a real virus, your computer would by now be infected!

I didn't have to save it as eicar.com , it detected before I did that.

Anyway, 90% of antivirus programmes update their signature's database daily, so there's no need to worry.

Ok people listen ... This one virus code is already in almost ALL antiviruse's database. By trying this one , most people think that their antivirus is good/perfect , but all antiviruses detect this one to make more and more people buy their product. I am sure that this one was made to bring more money to antivirus companies.

You can't know if an antivirus is good by detecting one file that is a test file and supposed to be found. :)