NCSoft Message: L2J is Illegal as L2OFF !

anyway as i told before L2J servers aren't illegal when you start modify L2Off files like to create a custom armor weapon jewel this is illegal but if you afraid so much to host a server just dont do it i already have a server 1 month and all goes well +i dont like custom so there isn't any reason to afraid for my server.

Hosting a server is legal, Changing hosts, or using a patch is illegal

(I THINK)

Wrong.

Hosting a server is legal, it's afterall an emulator built up from group, with no interaction from NCSoft's side, due to that, they can say all they want.

Editing the hosts file is not illega, NCSoft doesn't own Windows, so they don't own the right to the hosts file.

you seriously cant be that stupid. a GPU license only protects the files from being stolen and re-named/re-used, the license has NOTHING to do with the legality of emulation files. this game belongs to NCsoft, and they have all the registered trademarks and copyrights to prove so in a court of law, and as stated in their TOS, ALL emulation files are illegal. this goes for just about any other game.

and your second statement just shows how much of a moron you are. the US and Europe countries are all allies, so all European countries do follow US laws when it comes to copyright infringement. a company from the US CAN press charges against a company in Europe if they infringe on copyrighted material.

you honestly made me LoL at how stupid you are. but i guess they dont teach you much about US laws and regulations in Europe.

You made me laugh at your own stupidity.

US Laws do not apply outside of their own borders, that's common knowledge, any country can't press their own laws outside their own borders.

All they can do, is nicely ask the offender to remove the copyright infrigments, nothing more.

Oh, and by the way, the ToS or EULA you agree on when entering the game (Lineage 2), doesn't apply in certain EU countries (Germany, Netherlands, Norway, and some more).

Please, get your facts straight before you start to shoot around.

you seriously cant be that stupid. a GPU license only protects the files from being stolen and re-named/re-used, the license has NOTHING to do with the legality of emulation files. this game belongs to NCsoft, and they have all the registered trademarks and copyrights to prove so in a court of law, and as stated in their TOS, ALL emulation files are illegal. this goes for just about any other game.

and your second statement just shows how much of a moron you are. the US and Europe countries are all allies, so all European countries do follow US laws when it comes to copyright infringement. a company from the US CAN press charges against a company in Europe if they infringe on copyrighted material.

you honestly made me LoL at how stupid you are. but i guess they dont teach you much about US laws and regulations in Europe.

thats epic fail...

first of all its not GPU license its GPL free license v3(General Public License) read more : http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html

2nd the law....think before talk :D there are 1 difference beetwen the USA and the EU that allows to legally work with l2j(or other emulations)because the law in most of the europian countrys say "a product cannot be bound to a service" and no difference beetwen softwares or anything else thats why you can host your server without problem in germany for example...but in the USA they say the complete opposite so there you cant run legally a server

and the last one hehe i made you lol? :D man you laugh on your own stupidity :D

ok its swedish and (i just wrote something :P)? Doesent change on the FACT that USA law was applied in a non usa country... And hell yeah.. Russians can do whatever they just want to do :S

lol? wtf, there was no the situation, like a USA law was applied in a non usa country, better read again about thepriatebay

@all , before u post better go to your lawyer and check your countrys right, asking NCsoft is stupid like hell ofc they will say yes does not metter if u are from usa or where else.

lol? wtf, there was no the situation, like a USA law was applied in a non usa country, better read again about thepriatebay

@all , before u post better go to your lawyer and check your countrys right, asking NCsoft is stupid like hell ofc they will say yes does not metter if u are from usa or where else.

I personally have read almost the whole story online when it was going on, after 4 day i didnt. The fact that the piratebay guys had been condemned and need to pay some million bucks, how you can say that isnt got applyed in a non usa country the usa law? :)

Law isnt that you read in lawyer books and see on the tv :)

Every judge have an opinion, how he/she must apply the words of the law (Law-Interpretation). Law books are used ony for guidelines and say what can be the punishment.

When some country haven't saw a crime like the actually before, the judge can search and use another country's law for example when the crime was similar. This is what the law simply call: precedent-law.

So when in my country (Hungary) will be a guy arrested cuz he hosted an L2 server, first the court and the prosecutor's office will or should contact with the software's owner wich is NCsoft. From this point the court will/should apply the precedent-law, cuz here in Hungary wasn't any similar crime before that the court can be used for example and also the court can call upon some IT experts to ask :)

But i will ask my older sister (she's a judge :)) that i know it right or i just wrote a bullcrap :D

I personally have read almost the whole story online when it was going on, after 4 day i didnt. The fact that the piratebay guys had been condemned and need to pay some million bucks, how you can say that isnt got applyed in a non usa country the usa law? :)

Law isnt that you read in lawyer books and see on the tv :)

Every judge have an opinion, how he/she must apply the words of the law (Law-Interpretation). Law books are used ony for guidelines and say what can be the punishment.

When some country haven't saw a crime like the actually before, the judge can search and use another country's law for example when the crime was similar. This is what the law simply call: precedent-law.

So when in my country (Hungary) will be a guy arrested cuz he hosted an L2 server, first the court and the prosecutor's office will or should contact with the software's owner wich is NCsoft. From this point the court will/should apply the precedent-law, cuz here in Hungary wasn't any similar crime before that the court can be used for example and also the court can call upon some IT experts to ask :)

But i will ask my older sister (she's a judge :)) that i know it right or i just wrote a bullcrap :D

not the court contact with the company if you arrested for something and you harm a company because of lets say copyright issues the police contact with the company BUT the company only has an oppurtinity to start a civil procedure against you and when that happens they cant say nahh in our country the law works in other way because they need to accept the law of the country where they are also in hungary it works in totally other way...there are a few ppl who have a contract with NCSoft and they can close server which in our opinion runs illegally that procedure works like this, first time an e-mail goes to the administrator of the server to close it in X time, 2nd time an e-mail goes to the hoster company to close the server, if nothing happens they report the server to NCSoft and than NCSoft can go and start to do something BUT they need to respect the countrys law.

what you said is something like if in the USA kill somebody is not punished by law than ok its apply to non usa countrys and you can kill everybody everywhere :D

Pfff copyright issues and bullshit..NCSOFT close l2j l2jfree and l2emu and then come and close us..What a FAIL they can not close these companies so they close servers..NCSOFT epic fail..

not the court contact with the company if you arrested for something and you harm a company because of lets say copyright issues the police contact with the company BUT the company only has an oppurtinity to start a civil procedure against you and when that happens they cant say nahh in our country the law works in other way because they need to accept the law of the country where they are also in hungary it works in totally other way...there are a few ppl who have a contract with NCSoft and they can close server which in our opinion runs illegally that procedure works like this, first time an e-mail goes to the administrator of the server to close it in X time, 2nd time an e-mail goes to the hoster company to close the server, if nothing happens they report the server to NCSoft and than NCSoft can go and start to do something BUT they need to respect the countrys law.

what you said is something like if in the USA kill somebody is not punished by law than ok its apply to non usa countrys and you can kill everybody everywhere :D

so some corrections:

When NC starts prosecution against a server in Hungary, the court can apply international-law (these are after e-mails and "fck u nc i wont close my server" procedure :P), and when international-law is the used procedure sample, NC have any right to apply and validate USA law for Austin/Texas in Hungary. And when do so, ur server hosting will be illegal and you will pay or get jailed (in harder situation).

Because my sister isnt international lawyer (its another profession branch in the judgement) she wasnt able to say more about this, but these are the facts in short, how (the fckdup) hungaian law and courts should work when NC decide to close a hungarian server.

@amelie:

No ur wrong in the basics. It IS illegal to host an emu-server or create any emulation etc... Any emulation, patch, rework, modify wich isnt the NCsoft's product is illegal.

And an answer for ur question:

There isnt any server at this time in the private servers section that harm NCsoft so badly that NCsoft want to do against anything. The procedure of a servers closing isnt cheap, it costs a hell lot of money and time and a lot of server closes itself in short time. I can count on my ONE HAND how many old servers are online from the beginning, but they are also countless in the eye of NC...

Your sister is wrong. International laws does not cover Copy rights. Period!

If NCSoft or anyone else wants to sue you in your own country, they'll first have to have a department (registered company) in the same country, but they still have to listen to your own countries laws.

I pretty much doubt that your sister is a lawyer.

Now, go outside and let grown ups do the talking.

Your sister is wrong. International laws does not cover Copy rights. Period!

If NCSoft or anyone else wants to sue you in your own country, they'll first have to have a department (registered company) in the same country, but they still have to listen to your own countries laws.

Maybe...

I pretty much doubt that your sister is a lawyer.

Ur right, she is a judge, not a lawyer :P

Now, go outside and let grown ups do the talking.

Im 27 yo, so i dont need to go anywhere :P But maybe you need to research more, im not greek, here isnt greek law in my country and i say'd what my sister told me. Ofc she cannot be 100% sure in it, cuz she isnt international lawyer, "just" a judge :)

@Maestroluke:

GPL licence has nothing to do with the law in this article :)

I think that having an un-official server (like l2j) is illegal BUT NCSoft is responsible for that cauz' L2J is just a copy from official Lineage II . So ... they'd better find anything that will keep their job private and stop telling people that their servers are illegal and other ____ .