[Share&L2Guide] How to Edit a System Message Window

Lately I have been using a new system message window, which is a different way to see the chat, here there's a screenshoot about what I mean:

bgxqfq.jpg

To get this, you can easily download a made one, a system message window edited for someone, or make your own, and that's what I'll explain.

First of all you should download a file editer, the one I recommend is Heyser's System Editor.

When you have it downloaded, copy the file called 'systemmsg-e.dat' to the folder you have just downloaded and launch 'L2 modder.exe' When it is opened, click on File > Load Messages. This will load all the messages that are into the 'systemmsg-e.dat' file, the ones you will edit.

Editing them is easy, you just have to look for the message, for example, in this screen I will edit the message you get when you Critical Hit someone, this is how it is done:

11s2qgj.jpg

1st, number 1, you have to look for the message, in this case, the Critical Hit one. Then, in number 2, you can edit the message. You must keep the 'a,' always, if not the file won't work. You must keep the '$s1' as well in case you find it, this '$s1' means the damage you do. You also have to keep the '.\0'. In my case, the message would be this:

a,>> Critical hit <<\0

Then, in number 3, we can choose the color, and in the end, everytime we change a message, we must click the button 'Save Text/Colour' to save the edited message.

You can also delete messages that you don't want, for example the one that says 'You have been playing for an extended period of time. Please consider taking a break'. This can be done like this:

width=562 height=480http://i31.tinypic.com/dpckk6.jpg[/img]

Imagine that the messages 48 and 50 are unwanted messages, then you must click on them, and delete all the message EXCEPT from the 'a,' for the reason told before.

When you are finished editing, you must encrypt it, so click on File > Save > Messages. This will encryp the file and place it in the Heyser's System Editor. Then you only have to copy and paste the file to you system folder and enjoy the new and more confortable system message window !!

So with this, you can fully edit the 6505 messages we got in gracia, when the server updates to Gracia Final, I'll try to edit the same file and post if it is possible to use the same for Gracia 2 and Gracia Final, if not I'll edit this guide and adapt it to the file refering to Gracia Final.

gredits go to Jester.

a similar program to do this is LineageUtils

http://sourceforge.net/projects/lau/

great guide but i think you are on the wrong section ....

yeaph, should be in Client Mods, but anyways, nice guide

Stop copying other people's guides, moron.

Guide is made by Jester, member of L2Pride Community, check this link out.

http://l2pride.net/forums/index.php/topic,21775.0.html

owned !

Ok, but i think its useless to see your damage in colors and so edited like that  " >>200<<" :p

• 5 weeks later...

FrouFrou~ Look in the Folder system in the lineage and  copy the systemmsg-e .

and paste in the folder systemmsg_editor inside and read the 1st post .

sorry for my English is no very good .....    

• 2 months later...