Øystein "Euronymous" Aarseth

Devon

Euronymous:

eurony13.jpgeurony14.jpg4021_m10.jpg

I actually prefer Death Metal, but after a conversation I had with a friend of mine, I think now I prefer Black Metal. She just suggested me some Black Metal songs and told me Euronymous' story that I write bellow in order to share it with you.

General Info:

Øystein "Euronymous" Aarseth (March 22, 1968 - August 10, 1993) was the guitarist and original founder of the Norwegian / American black metal band, Mayhem. His nickname, Euronymous was derived from the Satanic demon named Euronymo. Euronymo was first appeared in the Greek mythology with the name Eurynomos(Ευρύνομος).

Euronymous was also the owner of the metal label Deathlike Silence Productions and record shop Helvete.

Musical Career:

Euronymous created the Mayhem band in 1983 and he was considered to be one of the first black metal musicians. His first nickname was Destructor but after he created the band he changed it to Euronymous.

He opened a record store named Helvete(meaning "Hell" in Norwegian) and started his own label and mailorder.

The band never had too many fans and the members were happy because they believed that only the real black metal fans liked them. However Mayhem's vocalist, Dead commited suicide in April 1991 though he hadn't any reason to do it. Euronymous was the one who found the body and took pictures later used for a bootleg cover, though Euronymous wasn't agreed with that. Rumors said that Euronymous eatted some of the brain of the corpse, but he dismissed it in an interview. However he did created a necklace from the skull of the corpse. The drummer of Mayhem, Hellhammer claimed the necklace that was stolen in a tour some months later.

Anders Kobro of the black metal band, Carpathian Forest characterized Euronymous "selfish idiot" because he was never happy if someone did something better than him and he gave the example that in a nightclub, a member of the Mayhem band had more girls around him than Euronymous did and Euronymous was really unhappy all the night.

Religion:

Euronymous was a fanatic Satanist, misanthrope and proponent of violence. Rumors said that he was one of the satanists who burned these churches in Norway. He took place in many Satanic ceremonials and one of the reasons he created Mayhem was to suggest his religion to the other people.

Death:

On the beginning of 1993, Euronymous brutally beated-up the Burzum vocalist, Varg Vikernes, tied him on a tree in a wild forest and left him there almost unconscious. The other day Varg Vikernes was found by someone passing by who freed him. Euronymous said that he did what he did because Vikernes told him he was a gay.

On 10 August 1993, Vikernes and Snorre Ruch travelled from Bergen to Euronymous' apartment in Oslo. The other morning, Euronymous' body was found outside the apartment with 23 cut wounds by a knife!

Vikernes was captured immediately. In he court, he said that Euronymous tried to torture him again and that's the reason he killed him.

One year later, Mayhem released the final album, De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas, in which Euronymous was playing the guitar and Vikernes the bass. Before the release, Euronymous' family asked from Hellhammer to remove the bass parts recorded by Vikernes. Hellhammer promised he will remove them and re-record the bass parts alone, but in truth he had no idea how to do it. The album was released and the bass parts recorded by Vikernes were not removed.

On 24 May 2009, Vikernes was released from prison.

Oxi tipota allo o sigekrimenos user postarei sinexia tetoia ..

Toulaxistwn na ta ekane sto spam section ;p

Anyway dn maresei auto to anakatema mousikhs-8rhskeias.

Aman dld pia.

Egw st deathcore p akouw olo vlepw apo katw (st youtube) christian band k einai k dn einai k tsakwmous k mlkieeees.

Wtf piaaaa.

Xanoume to nohma.

PS:Vale ena [GR] gt oloi milame ellhnika

pethane??? kala na pathei :P

stin kolasi to blepo na menei

//ontopic

ela re paidia tora afto dn einai mousiki gt opos eipe kai o Ace mplekoun 8riskies ala kai episis kita emfanisi.... les kai efagan ksilo einai... ola ta prezonia...to stauro ti ton exei sto lemo tou?? gia na ton exei kala o theos??

ante re..tetiou idous mousiki dn prepei kan na iparxei

afti einai i apopsi m !

to stauro ti ton exei sto lemo tou?? gia na ton exei kala o theos??

ante re..tetiou idous mousiki dn prepei kan na iparxei

afti einai i apopsi m !

O stauros nomizw einai anapodos (?)

Da3ei to sugekrimeno eidos mousikhs apthn stigmh p aresei s merika plh8h atomwn kala kanei k uparxei..

Edw uparxoun alla pio koula ;P

so what's the point of listening a stupid guy , that wears black clothes , holds a sword , has his eyes painted black , and screams?

damn. death metal !

how can people call this shit music.?

so what's the point of listening a stupid guy , that wears black clothes , holds a sword , has his eyes painted black , and screams?

damn. death metal !

how can people call this shit music.?

+1 !!

I'm bored to write English :P

[GR]Auto den einai kan mousiki....Einai oloi tous frikia pou ourliazoun se ena mikrofono k auto legete mousiki...Ta mona metal pou akouw einai Bullet for my valentine k apo kei kai pera ligo Metallica,Iron Maiden alla se xamila epipeda....! Autoi einai satanistes kai oi fan ts einai metrimenoi sta daktila...!! :P Mono kati no-lifers, satanistes pou oloi mera einai me ta akoustika sta autia akoune tetoio eidos mousikis....!!!

+1 !!

I'm bored to write English :P

[GR]Auto den einai kan mousiki....Einai oloi tous frikia pou ourliazoun se ena mikrofono k auto legete mousiki...Ta mona metal pou akouw einai Bullet for my valentine k apo kei kai pera ligo Metallica,Iron Maiden alla se xamila epipeda....! Autoi einai satanistes kai oi fan ts einai metrimenoi sta daktila...!! :P Mono kati no-lifers, satanistes pou oloi mera einai me ta akoustika sta autia akoune tetoio eidos mousikis....!!!

[GR]no-lifers? olos o kosmos xezete otan akouei gia satanistes kai esi les no-lifers?

kala akouste ta erotika sas eseis emena mou eipan exthes tin istoria kai tin egrapsa. kai an sas aresei.

Retarded and sick could be the only words that were able to describe his mentality and his life.

/offtopic

Devon, your behaviour could be "AT LEAST"described as childish....

You made this thread to honour your Music-Idol and that's ok,but why would anyone give a crap for his religious beliefs or his pathetic psycho personal life.You also posted that while two days ago you were posting about the pentacle's symbolism plus you mentioned your religious beliefs as well.And what are you exactly trying to prove us?your loyalty in "Satan"or just make the difference here and go against the flow?

Retarded and sick could be the only words that were able to describe his mentality and his life.

/offtopic

You made this thread to honour your Music-Idol and that's ok,but why would anyone give a crap for his religious beliefs or his pathetic psycho personal life.You also posted that while two days ago you were posting about the pentacle's symbolism plus you mentioned your religious beliefs as well.And what are you exactly trying to prove us?your loyalty in "Satan"or just make the difference here and go against the flow?

nothing. but you are talking about my religion symbol and i answer. then i shared a story they told me yesterday and i found interesting.

EDIT: i was just bored seing topics about michael jackson and i opened one for Euronymous because i believe he deserves it much more than jackson.

/offtopic

i was on about to write the same..

/respect

Φίλε άκουσα τα τραγούδια που έκανες post. ΤΑ ΣΠΑΝΕ!

Χριστιανός είμαι βέβαια, αλλά αυτό δε μου απαγορεύει να ακούω και να μου αρέσουν τραγούδια που γράφουν σατανιστες και μπορεί να εκφράζουν σατανικές διδασκαλίες...