[Guide]Rylai Crestfall, The Crystal Maiden. [DPS-WAY]

Hello Maxcheaters.com. I am a newbie in here and i decided to post a Strategy-Guide for Rylai The Crystal Maiden or how i like to call it The Queen of Ice. Ok so let's start.

Rylai has 2 ways of playing, 1 to be a mage or an caster as she's designed to be, and one, to be the ultimate fighter. Despite her magical skills if played well she is a nice fighter aswell.

Ok so let me produce the content of this guide.

Since Rylai has 2 ways of playing the Guide will be devided in 2. The 2 parts will contain in them :

-Character's Story

-Skill Info

-Skill Build

-Item Build

-Lane Control

-Jungling

-Strategy

-Important Notes

-Good Allies , Bad Enemies

-Pros'n'Cons

Story

Crystal_Maiden_by_Langaw.jpg?t=1243541492

Adept in the manipulation of frost and ice, Rylai is the very image of elegeance and grace. Trained by a renegade wizard deep in the heart of Winterspring, Rylai brings to the Sentinel her prowess in the arts of magic. With a vast arsenal of spells, she wreaks havoc upon her foes - be it with powerful blasts of frost to send them fleeing in panic, or be it by rendering them immobile in ice. Her foes tremble in fear as the ground beneath implodes in mighty novas of frost in a dazzling array, obliterating all who dare oppose her.

Skill Info

BTNGlacier.gif Frost Nova

Blasts enemy units around a target enemy unit with a wave of damaging frost that slows movement speed and attack rate for 4 seconds.

Level 1 - 50 target damage and 75 nova damage.

Level 2 - 100 target damage and 100 nova damage.

Level 3 - 125 target damage and 125 nova damage.

Level 4 - 175 target damage and 125 nova damage.

Cooldown: 11 seconds.

Level 1: 100 mana, 11 sec cooldown.

Level 2: 130 mana, 11 sec cooldown.

Level 3: 155 mana, 11 sec cooldown.

Level 4: 185 mana, 11 sec cooldown.

BTNFrost.gif Frostbite

Freezes the target in a case of ice, prohibiting movement and attacking. Deals 70 damage per second.

Level 1 - Lasts 1.5 seconds.

Level 2 - Lasts 2 seconds.

Level 3 - Lasts 2.5 seconds.

Level 4 - Lasts 3 seconds.

Cooldown: 10 seconds.

Level 1: 115 mana, 10 sec cooldown.

Level 2: 125 mana, 10 sec cooldown.

Level 3: 140 mana, 10 sec cooldown.

Level 4: 150 mana, 10 sec cooldown.

PASBTNBrilliance.gif Brilliance Aura

Gives additional mana regeneration to all friendly units.

Level 1 - Adds 0.75 mana regeneration.

Level 2 - Adds 1.5 mana regeneration.

Level 3 - Adds 2.25 mana regeneration.

Level 4 - Adds 3 mana regeneration.

Passive

BTN_CMFF.gif Freezing Field

Causes many random icy explosions in an area surrounding Rylai. Enemy units in the Freezing Field are slowed. Lasts 4 seconds.

Level 1 - Each explosion deals 105 damage.

Level 2 - Each explosion deals 170 damage.

Level 3 - Each explosion deals 250 damage.

Cooldown: 150/120/90 seconds.

Level 1: 300 mana, 150 sec cooldown.

Level 2: 400 mana, 120 sec cooldown.

Level 3: 600 mana, 90 sec cooldown.

Now that you already know the story of Crestfall and the ability of her's skill we can move on.

Skill Build

BTNFrost.gif

PASBTNBrilliance.gif

BTNFrost.gif

PASBTNBrilliance.gif

BTNFrost.gif

PASBTNBrilliance.gif

BTN_CMFF.gif

BTNFrost.gif

PASBTNBrilliance.gif

BTNGlacier.gif

BTN_CMFF.gif

BTNGlacier.gif

BTNGlacier.gif

BTNGlacier.gif

BTNStatUp.gif

BTN_CMFF.gif

BTNStatUp.gif

BTNStatUp.gif

BTNStatUp.gif

BTNStatUp.gif

Now that this is clear lexts go on.

Item Build

a)Start Game

b)Mid Game

c)Late Game

a) Start-Game

At start you most likely have 600 gold since you picked your character.

With this money you can afford

BTNGauntletsOfOgrePower.gif + BTNGauntletsOfOgrePower.gif +2x BTNNatureTouchGrow.gif + BTNAncientOfTheEarth.gif

Now you should go off farming, it should be easy for you as you're mage. Maybe you will be asking why Gantles of STR? Well because you need health, you already have briliance aura to regenerate your mana and Frostbite doesn't cost much and you will most likely start using it from 2nd lvl at 3 lvl.

Until the mid game begins you should be able to afford these items

2x BTNRunedBracers.gif + BTNINV_Helmet_13.gif + BTNBootsOfSpeed.gif

You can also carry a bottle with you or a tree to keep your health stabalized and to prevent unwanted returns to the base.

b) Mid-Game

Thats the time you should own your enemies and also start collecting for BTNIceShard.gif although if you somehow get pwned than you should slowly create the Boots of Speed into BTNWirtsLegGreen.gif [intelligance Type]

After creating these 2 items you should collect for BTNPhilosophersStone.gif which will eventually turn out to be BTNINV_Wand_05.gif

At this rate you will probably be at the end of the Mid-Game at that rate you will start creating this item BTNAdvancedMoonArmor.gif

c) Late-Game

Now that you've completed Shiva it should be around late game and you should be 16-17 lvl +++ Now that you have reached that point of the game you should either aim to turn the Helm Of Domination into BTNHornOfDoom.gif Or either move onto the last item for your inventory which will be BTNStaffOfSilence.gif Than again Malovance can be created before Soul Booster everything depends from the way you farm. Now that we are finished with that i should probably explain why you should take that item.

BTNWirtsLegGreen.gif Why PT instead of BoT or anything else? Well you are a fighter , remember? You will need the attack speed in order to combine your fast attacks with the slow provided from Skadi and also the bonus speed it gives is going to help you in escapes etc. ALSO.. the chance to make it into a STR-Attribute gives you more chance of surviving as it increases your Health Points.

BTNIceShard.gif You are going to do skadi not only for the frost[slow] attack it gives but for the attributes it adds as well. It is a perfect item for INT Heros as it increases your Health,Mana,Attack Power and your Defense.

BTNHornOfDoom.gif Since you're a fighter you will need a lot of health and also you'll need a lifesteal which will help you survive battles with melee Heros Since you can use Frostbite to disable him and attack him with big strenght while you are under the Satanic Active Skill Effect.

PS: Lifesteal/Skadi stack. I've tested it. Arguing with me for this fact will be pointless as i already tested it as i previously said.

BTNINV_Wand_05.gif After creating this you will not worry for mana anymore as you will have bigger mana regeneration than the time you waste it. Also it boostes your ultimate aswell as the Health Point/Mana Point increase from the Soul Booster . Basically this item is a must for INT heros that are under the effect of Ultimate-Boosting of the item.

BTNAdvancedMoonArmor.gif Since you have 3 active damage skills having 1 more ain't bad and lets not forget the mana/damage/armor bonus it gives. It really helps when you are ganged for slowing all the enemies surrounding you.

BTNStaffOfSilence.gif Greatly increases your Damage, Attack Speed Rate + The Silence skill helps a lot in gangs. This item is the key to the ultimate Fighter-Like Style for Crestfall.

PS: Since this is my way of making Rylai a Tank/Fighter/Nuker or however you call it there wont be any optional items. More items that you can do will be shown in the Mage-Style of playing her. In the end your item should provide this stats rylai1.png

Lane Control

Ok lane control should be a bit hard for you as you don't have any AoE skills. Avoid soloing a lane. Pick a tank for your side as a company [recommended a stunner] and i assure you that you will not just have an pleasent time farming but you will also be able to make kills as you will have a fighter next to you to kill him while you disable him with Frostbite and if he's stunner he's surely dead. Denying  nad Last Hitting is something you should always do despite the curcumstances. Bascially your lane control ends at 9-11 when you have aquaired 2nd level of your ultimate and/or you've destroyed your 1st tower.

Jungling

Jungling is strongly NOT recommended for Rylai. As i said before she doesn't have any AoE skills but her ultimate. She has low health and can be easily bitched from Neutrals. Once you finish satanic you can freely go Jungling but before astablishing it its pointless to waste time soloing neutrals. PS: A good idea is to lure your creeps so they can tank them for you and eventually last him them for getting the gold since they can tank for you that way of jungling is accepted.

Now that i've explained that moving on the Strategy!

Strategy

Start Game

At the start you should be combined with a melee and you should most likely be with one that has a stun. Also ask him to make Ring of Bassilius so you 2 would have 2 manas. That will allow you to spam FrostBite and take firstblodd and start owning from the start. Try to avoid dying at any cost even if it means leaving your team-mate dies. You will need a lot of money and every coin is important. Try killing the tower at your lane asap so you can start switching lanes for ganging your enemies and in the same time prevent them from farming-leveling. This may be the key of victory. Also you shouldn't move alone as you have low HP and Armor at start. Try aiming for heroes having low HP. Use your ultimate smart in combination with frostbite. [Or Imitate the screen i will show in the end of this part of my guide].

Mid Game

This is the game you earn most money. At this rate you should be 12 level or more. You and your team should be pushing the towers at the time which will bring gold. After collecting the aghanim suggest to your team for a Roshan Raid ask them for letting you take it with the motive "I have low HP". Soloing a tower is something you shouldn't do. Move always with team at this phrase of game and try killing as much as you can. Pushing their towers from mid will be your team obligation try asking them to allow you to go solo an lane and let you push from there while they destroy mid. That way you will not only be left to farm but you will also have the chance to confuse your enemies as your team will be striking from 2 lanes.

End Game

At the end game you should be a killing machine. Try to avoid ganging the whole team if they have stunners or bad disablers otherwise ganging 2 or more [solo] will not be a problem for you as you will be really powerful. At that state aim for maximum chance of pushes and counter-attacks. Once in their base try to fool them around while your team destroy their barracks and structures.

Suggestions, Important Notes

-At starting levels try to spam Frostbite as much as you can in order to force your enemy to go to base, that will give you advantage over the lane and also you may be able to not only low his hp but killing him is also possible.

-Don't go off ganging / faming in a lane that there's no one else unless 2 or more enemies are dead. The chance of getting ganged since of your low hp in start is big.

-At start , when you don't have  boots of speed, don't be greedy if you see someone on low hp standing next to tower do no't start chasing him, your low hp pool will kill you since you can survive maximum of 10 tower hits at the start.

-Try ganging people as much as you can. Aim for low-hpers or for imba laters for example if you have an enemy phantom assasin don't let her farm nor level chase her lanes as when she sees that she's being targetted she will most likely switch lane and/or go jungling.

-Use your ultimate in combination with your frostbite. Hold them with frostbite go near him and use your ultimate. Chance of killing a hero in start with this way is big.

-Avoid going back to fountain. Avoid getting ganged if possible and don't let skills catch you, lotherwise you'll have to run to the base alot and that will ruind your lane control and you wont be able to own.

-As i said before, this will be just an reminder, ask your team mates to go to roshan asap. Ask them to let you get it and start ganging a lot.

Moving on.

Good Allies/Worst Enemies

I really liked the way NotABastard shown this part of his guide so i will make it the same way.

Good Allies.

Hamg.gif -> BTNSpikedBarricades.gif

Emns.gif -> BTNEatTree.gif

H00K.gif -> BTNStasisTrap.gif

U007.gif -> BTNGhoulFrenzy.gif

H00H.gif -> BTNCripple.gif

Opgh.gif -> BTN_BerserkerCall.gif

PiLo.gif -> BTNGrave.gif

Hpal.gif -> IceWall.jpg

U00F.gif -> BTNCannibalize.gif

TwHD.gif -> BTNFreezingBreath.gif

And More..

Bad Enemies.

O00J.gif -> BTNSacrifice.gif

Udre.gif -> BTNDarkSummoning.gif

H00V.gif -> BTNPurge.gif

Nbrn.gif -> BTNDrowSilence.gif

Orkn.gif -> BTNMagicLariet.gif + BTNSerpentWard.gif

PotM.gif -> BTNImprovedStrengthOfTheMoon.gif

HC92.gif -> BTNCloudOfFog.gif

EC45.gif -> BTNSeaOrb.gif

WiDo.gif -> BTNAcidBomb.gif

Geom.gif -> BTNQuillSpray.gif

Pictures Explain Everything!

Pros'N'Cons

Pros

-Disable Skills

-One of the godlike heroes in the end

-Good AoE skills

-Gang Iniciator

Cons

-Low Hp At start

-Not Much Aoe Skills

-Slow Hero, cannot escape gangs

-Hard farming process with her

Thats all for the Fighter-like part of this guide.

PS: I will make another Guide for  Rylai but this time it will be for the mage/caster side of her. But that will probably be tommorow. For Now enjoy this one.

go HoT instead of satanic. much better choice and HP regen/bonus.you dont fight so satanic isnt needed imo

Rylai has 2 ways of playing, 1 to be a mage or an caster as she's designed to be, and one, to be the ultimate fighter. Despite her magical skills if played well she is a nice fighter aswell.

You didn't really read my guide did you. If not don't reply. Im sure you just saw the item build and thats all. And surely satanic is way better option than HoT.

You didn't really read my guide did you. If not don't reply. Im sure you just saw the item build and thats all. And surely satanic is way better option than HoT.

i ve read every single word in there. but since she is NOT a fighter all fighting stuff is useless!

if you re proud of making her warrior why didnt you place a Divine Rapier ? or a cranium basher?

do you play -em modes only? lol

I play only tournaments  only for your information.  Plus mage-style of playing her is about making guinso for disable and other items.. bah you'll see my way of playing her while she's a mage.

INT types heroes (with the exception of Ogre Magi) are Support and backup heroes or finishers ONLY so i could never imagine to be played imba as DPS(auto attack).no chance you could own traxex or kardel as autoattacker

Omg your build is just a crap...this guide shows that you dont know how to play rylai or you just c/p well tell me something can rylai have in mid game helm of dominator? lol man she doesnt have attack speed...and can she in late game cast ulty without be hitted? or interupted? so Black king bar is a MUST and a dagger too.... Dagger+BKB+Ulty=Owned...

Edit --> start collecting for Eye of skadi ? and then make shivas guard? wtf are you doing man?

I hate all guide....for me its a crap ..rylai is a fighter? lol rylai is a caster..doesnt need lifesteal doesnt need attack speed...so you are wrong....and i think that i saw somewhere in your guide that rylai cant hold a line...lol? you take a bottle you go mid and you cast all the time FrostNova...when bottle is empty you go for rune all the time who told you those crappy things?

INT types heroes (with the exception of Ogre Magi) are Support and backup heroes or finishers ONLY so i could never imagine to be played imba as DPS(auto attack).no chance you could own traxex or kardel as autoattacker

I've seen fighter Lina and fighter Invoker and they were pretty badass. Imho I prefer Fighter Invoker to Int invoker , because his damage is just insane + he has a lot of finishers.

I've seen fighter Lina and fighter Invoker and they were pretty badass. Imho I prefer Fighter Invoker to Int invoker , because his damage is just insane + he has a lot of finishers.

Lina is an Imba fighter, cause she have this skill BTNDisenchant.gif

Lina with MKB pwned! Also and I preffer invoker as Fighter too. :P

/On Topic

Rylai is better to play with dagger and BKB as CaZaNoVa saied.

also aghanim's and shivas guard is very good items for rylai. Good guide, thank you!

Well i used to play 5v5 my team vs allstars and other pro players...and i learned many things...i agree that invoker and lina can be played as fighters but i dont think that someone will play them this way..