[ Lineage III ] News

mweinz

In 2007 the Lineage 2 Team left because of a management issue of NcSoft and formed a company of their own, called BlueHall. They were working on the Lineage 3 Project when a key figure of their team was fired, and they all decided to leave.

After forming their own company they started materialising their efforts in a project called Project S1 wich later became TERRA: The Exiled Realm of Arborea, just the same MMORPG genre as Lineage 2 was and the similiraties are striking. Since they worked on Lineage 2 and the next Lineage 3 wich first was scheduled to make it s debute in 2009, this game of theirs, wich is very similar in terms of concept art to Lineage 2 (just see the city in the trailer wich is almost a copy of Rune) , can be considered a "what Lineage 3" would have been.

During last weeks Hangame Invitational 2009 Bluehole Studio unveiled a first trailer. The game is build on the Unreal 3 Engine and first beta testing is expected in late 2009 / early 2010.

Credits: Lineage2Media

Interview with NCsoft’s new President, Chris Chung.

March 28, 2008

a2654edc093d.jpg

[ News ]

“During our talk I was able to get the scoop on the NCSoft game line up: how the last year went, and what’s planned for the future!”

Lineage… III?!

No, not yet – but soon! Chung told me that NCSoft’s main concern was assembling the right team to tackle this project. Said Chung, “This is the year that we are assembling that team.” On the Lineage II front, the recently release Kamael expansion has done very well, bringing many players back to L2 to try out the new race.

b6936983fe6f.jpg

ncsoft was idiot i think. this could be the l3. but they fired them. tera (patrick :D) will be a good game, imho. i ll wait for private servers :D but depend on the game's price

Yes NCSoft is dumb, and Lineage 3 could be worse. Tera Patrick is ugly...

well, I like the graphics and in this way lineage is transforming into an action game. This means that a pvp will depend on the capabilities of the users and not on the +++ of their items.

L3? Gosh i hope it wont fail like the kamael expansion.. c1-c3 forever and ever.. <3

+1,

I just don't know what's that NCSoft doing, why don't they listen to people and neither admins of servers do? Kamael and higher are failure, all admins, or big amount of them, think newer version = better version, but it still sucks so hard! Just if NCSoft wouldn't be so inpatient and would listen more to people, oldskool players wouldn't have to leave. Too bad today's children have to play Gracia and stuff around this, thinking it's so awesome, though they didn't try to play better and more successful previous clients.

I hope the developers of TERA are gonna use open source server files wrote in java xD

+1,

I just don't know what's that NCSoft doing, why don't they listen to people and neither admins of servers do? Kamael and higher are failure, all admins, or big amount of them, think newer version = better version, but it still sucks so hard! Just if NCSoft wouldn't be so inpatient and would listen more to people, oldskool players wouldn't have to leave. Too bad today's children have to play Gracia and stuff around this, thinking it's so awesome, though they didn't try to play better and more successful previous clients.

From a total of 10, 7 players are retards and 3 are real lineage players. Retards play on new versions, real players play old fashion. Now instead of having 700 players do you think an admin would like 300 but pro?:D

I hope the developers of TERA are gonna use open source server files wrote in java xD

From a total of 10, 7 players are retards and 3 are real lineage players. Retards play on new versions, real players play old fashion. Now instead of having 700 players do you think an admin would like 300 but pro?:D

If I would have my own server, I would be happy with 100 oldschool players, with good wars, pvps, tactics, communication around instead of 1000 retards.