[Question]I have to ask smth about L2Off servers

R3spawn

Question

As the title says I have 1 question for l2off devs.

Here we go:

I wanna know is it possible to start make the server on this configuration:

1GB DDR II RAM

512Mb Video Card

Processesor: Celeron (D) 3.46 GHz

160 GB HDD

Microsoft 2008 Server x32

4500/900 - up/down

100mbps - connection

I just wanna know can I make it on this computer...Not to start it for players...Just to have all files intalled, afc on this configuration is not for playing.

And after I get the dedicated server I will put the server there.

Please for opinions.

PS: Microsoft 2003 Server x64 Is special OS for L2OFF Server ? Or it can also built on Microsoft Windows XP?

PS2:How can I see how bit is my Windows x64 or x32?

Best regards,

Respawn.

3 answers to this question

Yes u can, i tried with a 2 ghz amd athlon xp and it works good, but your problem is the Ram, cause for parcial load l2off requires 4 Gb of ram and for full load 8 Gb, it takes a lot of RAM but each Gb of ram is like 500 players support so 4 gb is llike 2000 players support, your processor is not bad but your ram yes, so u cannot start it with that RAM,

And 2nd answer, yes u can do it with Windows Xp professional my is working on 1 like that, windows server is not a special os for l2off, is an OS made for SERVERS, im using on Win XP the Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Enterprise, so its not a problem.

U can see if your os is x64 or x86 (32 bits) if u press right click on the My Pc icon in the start menu and go to properties or control panel --> system. and u will find your properties, also u can use Everest, is a program that shows all your pc info.

have a nice day

u mean that you cant run a l2off server on Windows XP ? It isnt true, that each 1 Gb is like 500 players ? You think, cause u got more posts and higher rank than me, that makes you smarter ? Did you ever tried make 1 server ? or maybe you are already a owner of a server ?

Sry R3spawn for this discussion but some people think that know everything about anything.