🤩 L2jGolbergSoft - KAMAEL VERSION DOESN'T END THERE + links

Hello and welcome in my topic.

Some months ago i started working on Classic: The Kamael version. After some weeks I get idea "create a Classic High Five"

Why?

I started working on the Classic High Five client because after a few years of playing Hi5 I stopped enjoying it and didn't see the potential in it anymore. Maybe wrong servers..

My base is L2jMobius, but remaking the project to Classic High Five.

So, what is currently state?

Base Classic The Kamael client:

• Implemented missing quests for The Kamael
  • Updated NPCs and Items
  • Updated spawns
  • Fixed Instance, now working perfectly
  • Added Retail Ranking System
  • Updated Fishing
  • Fixed some client side .dat files
  • Fixed Castle Sieges
  • Added new Transformations
  • Fixes for PrimeShop and VIP
  • Timed zone locations added
  • Fixed Fortune Normal and Luxury event

New Implementations from newest storyline:

• Added Fortress Siege - require client update
  • Added new teleport locations to retail teleport - require client update
  • Added Valakas AI and associated scripts - require client update
  • Added Freya AI, zones, npcs and quests - require client update
  • Added Pet system with Pet Managers - require client update
  • Added Kamaloka instances - require client update

My customizations:

• Completly reworked Community Board - Schema Buffer, Merchants, Find item, Events and registering, Bug report, Statistics, FIle Editor, Players commands, Discussion forum, Clan tab reworked and fully implemented, Players tab with many function for player like compare player vs player, show sell, buy, craft, recomendations, sorting players, Raid Boss tab with show drop and state and how players near RB and more fuctions added
  • Admin control panel is fully reworked and implemented new function 
  • Admins can real time edit NPC files in XML

Downloads:

I am still writing down everything that has already been done, but there is so much that sometimes I forget something. I'm gradually adding everything to Discord.

And finally why I writing here...What is your best things in old High Five?

If you want to talk about the project with me, you can join me on Discord https://discord.gg/AW64QCj8

Gallery of screenshots are in sections Showcase on Discord.

I will publish the first public version shortly. A new public version will always be available every month.

Edited by alexas545
Updated text, added downloads
  • Thanks 1

And because you didn't see "potential" to the servers you join you start a whole new project that require a whole team and would take years to develop and you will eventually quit within 1-2 weeks as everyone here did before. Take lesson from Elfosas/Crash/Smash.

3 hours ago, Banshee Garnet said:

Why not making hi5 files to support login/play at the client and only make some client parts for the rest? Isnt it more easy?

Hi, my client version is Classic Kamael.

I build up the story line gradually with the option to turn different parts of the story on and off.

I mean you start a server and you only have The Kamael classic. As an admin, you will be able to gradually enable additional zones, RBs, items, instances, etc. through configs, up to Hi5 (I only have hi5 for now). Sometime in the future I want to add the GoD stuff as well because the new RB is strong and the regular S grade stuff is weak.

Of course, there are some limitations of the game client, which I will not remove yet.

For example, I couldn't put Rafforty NPC on hi5 position because you can't get it here and there in the Classic client, so I put it on others.

It's a change that I like.

I'm most looking forward to coming up with zones, quests and instances for Gracia.

You don't have to use the "Classic" version of the client. You could use the MAIN/LIVE version and just update the MINIMAP (textures) and the actual heightmap/UNR, some of which you can take from the Classic version.

Anyway, what you have decided to do is the inferior option.
The suggestion by Banshee Garnet is the betterr solution, in my humble opinion.
I already have a HF core that is running on a client that is 1.5 years old and can be easily upgraded to support the latest.
When you take that route, you ensure stability, as well as features working as they were supposed to. You could still introduce customs on top of them, but the base would be a real HF, not some "Classic IMPROVED/REIMAGINED" or however they call it nowadays.

On 4/16/2024 at 10:23 AM, Salty Mike said:

You don't have to use the "Classic" version of the client. You could use the MAIN/LIVE version and just update the MINIMAP (textures) and the actual heightmap/UNR, some of which you can take from the Classic version.

Anyway, what you have decided to do is the inferior option.
The suggestion by Banshee Garnet is the betterr solution, in my humble opinion.
I already have a HF core that is running on a client that is 1.5 years old and can be easily upgraded to support the latest.
When you take that route, you ensure stability, as well as features working as they were supposed to. You could still introduce customs on top of them, but the base would be a real HF, not some "Classic IMPROVED/REIMAGINED" or however they call it nowadays.

Hi, I see what you mean, but I do it differently.

I don't want some features from Hi5 in my project, so I gradually add Ai, zones, items, etc... manually.

And again I want some features from Classic.

So I'm continuing the Classic storyline up to High Five.

My project runs on the client's Prelude of War.

I will release the first public test version soon, which will still be without some "hi5" stuff, because first I need to test for example Fortress Siege, pets and some instances/quests.

In the future, I also want to "unlock" new locations from the GoD story.

And what I like most about Classic is that you don't have SA in weapons and it goes back to the roots of Lineage 2.

Also you can connect to my discord and talk about with me.

• alexas545 changed the title to 🤩 L2jGolbergSoft - KAMAEL VERSION DOESN'T END THERE + links