Kamaels with heavy and robe and not grey

Shadin

What file should I edit to make kamaels be able to wear robe and heavy?, I removed the restriction in the item file but still they can't.

Also, how to make them to not look grey?, I know there are no textures but, any way of making them to take the light-armor textures insted for example?

Thanks in advance :)

• 4 months later...

Removing the restriction, the easy part was left for you to do. You will have to get it, (Example: To make the Dark Crystal Heavy and Robe functional, you should get the line in armor.grp of your Dark Crystal Light and modify the ids by putting the respective ids of the robe and heavy).

• 1 month later...
On 9/12/2022 at 11:34 AM, VegaBoy said:

Removing the restriction, the easy part was left for you to do. You will have to get it, (Example: To make the Dark Crystal Heavy and Robe functional, you should get the line in armor.grp of your Dark Crystal Light and modify the ids by putting the respective ids of the robe and heavy).

Thank you but, wouldn't that change light armor textures for all races?

3 hours ago, Shadin said:

Thank you but, wouldn't that change light armor textures for all races?

Understand, there are no heavy or robe textures for kamael, only light. On my server I did this, I just took the line that corresponds to the texture of the kamael set and added it to the heavy set and the corresponding robe with the desired armor!

1 hour ago, VegaBoy said:

Understand, there are no heavy or robe textures for kamael, only light. On my server I did this, I just took the line that corresponds to the texture of the kamael set and added it to the heavy set and the corresponding robe with the desired armor!

I think I won't understand until I learn how to edit armorgrp and how it works... but thanks a lot for answering me🤗

13 minutes ago, Shadin said:

I think I won't understand until I learn how to edit armorgrp and how it works... but thanks a lot for answering me🤗

Friend is easy, take as an example a dark crystal light and a heavy set and see the difference between light and heavy, and add the differences between light and heavy.

On 10/22/2022 at 3:12 PM, Shadin said:

Inside armorgrp.dat, you can define a mesh and a texture, for each armor piece, for each character, so basically if you have draconic boots, there are 16 different meshes and textures defined, one for each race. What you need to do is, copy the lines of the Light armor for kamales and paste them in heavy and robe slots, and that's it.

Since you're just starting i'd recommend you to export armorgrp as a txt, import it to excel or some other spreadsheet/calc program, and edit stuff from there, way easier than working with plain text.

Or else you can get UFE here, which allows you to edit .dat files in cell format
https://www.l2jbrasil.com/topic/58795-ultimate-fileedit/

Edited by 911reg

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/23/2022 at 4:59 PM, 911reg said:

Inside armorgrp.dat, you can define a mesh and a texture, for each armor piece, for each character, so basically if you have draconic boots, there are 16 different meshes and textures defined, one for each race. What you need to do is, copy the lines of the Light armor for kamales and paste them in heavy and robe slots, and that's it.

Since you're just starting i'd recommend you to export armorgrp as a txt, import it to excel or some other spreadsheet/calc program, and edit stuff from there, way easier than working with plain text.

Or else you can get UFE here, which allows you to edit .dat files in cell format
https://www.l2jbrasil.com/topic/58795-ultimate-fileedit/

That's what I wanted to tell him, I just didn't know how. The translator doesn't help much!

• Like 1