.unr to 3dsmax WITH Textures

ursa1

• 1 month later...
On 11/1/2019 at 5:13 AM, ursa1 said:

Hello I would like to know the workflow for exporting a whole .unr to 3dsmax WITH textures.

3Ds Max - is a professional 3D computer graphics program for making 3D animations, models, games and images.

*.unr - package, for example, with levels ( "Level" object contains array of actors, BSP,  Terrain, Lightmaps. ), with StaticMeshes ( with textures ), with Emitters and more more others...

You can't open *.unr package using 3Ds Max. In 3Ds Max you can prepare staticmeshes, Vertex Meshes, Models and etc.

Try to use L2Editor from @lordofdest

He did a very good job. This program is ideal for familiarization with maps and etc..

You can use UTPT for *.unr opening and for analysis. UTPT reads only package structure and object properties.

On 11/1/2019 at 4:13 AM, ursa1 said:

Hello I would like to know the workflow for exporting a whole .unr to 3dsmax WITH textures.

How I did L2Archage.

1. Open .unr in L2Editor

2.Export as .obj. The obj is accompanied by an mtl. It is all screwed up. It doesnt come with correct format. Forget Textures for now.

3. Import the .obj to max, as a poly, single mesh, smoothing groups, normals, mats. Forget textures (maps) even in this step.

4.Then you ll have Geomentry of map in max in one object and it will be a box. Select box poly -> Faces (in modifier poly) remove carefully the faces of the box that surround the map. To do so, click on box while in wireframe mode. Try not to delete faces of the map which is in origin of the object.

Then you ll have something like that (I put my own texture for this geometry and just rendered rotation of Geometry):

https://i.gyazo.com/a0543dc60774bcb79fa643a9e4a44b44.mp4

6.Open umodel, extract all .utx in a New Folder. The result will be saveral packages/folders in the New Folder.

7.Use TotalCommander batch command and put all .tga in the New Folder.

7.Now the stupid part. In slack Material Editor the will be a HUGE multi-mat connected to Standard materials corresponding to each ID of the Geometry.

7.1 Assign the multi-mat to the Geometry object (dont forget to go exit face mode in modifier)

7.2 The standard materials have the correct name. They just don't have the bitmap map. Assign the .tga with same name  MANUALLY to each material with the workflow: Copy name of Standard Material to clipboard -> have New Folder search on always and paste the clipboard -> back to slate click diffuse map square -> Select bitmap map -> assign the .tga file from New Folder. Done.

It is ridicullus but for l2Archage, we have custom map with only 4 .unrs, so I did it one day. When I was done I wanted to kill myself. And that's just for DIFFUSE!

Of course now we are working with our programmers for an advanced pipeline, and will be finished by end of year we think. We don't haste. L2Archage will be out sometime... Valve Time.

• Like 1