[Share] Rin4a's Buffer v1.3

well... I don't know if I will release it in any forums,  but that doesn't mean that you won't be able to get it. I have some things in my mind, that I could do with this buffer...

the first thing is, that I want to get rid of admin panel in the buffer... it's unnecessary and it's very space-consuming, so instead I would make a Admin panel with PHP...

since I have my blog in making, I will integrate admin panel for the buffer in it. There won't be any security threats what so ever, because I don't care about messing with other servers and ruining them.

So removing admin panel from the script is the first thing. Next thing - splitting normal buffer and scheme buffer in 2 different scripts. That would make the script even better, because the size of the script will decrease drastically...

And that's a good thing.

Now about 1 nasty bug. For example - you have a PVP server, where 50 people buff at the same time. That would cause server to freeze, because of the maximum allowed MySQL connections and since my buffer uses a MySQL connection, it will freeze the server, wait 10 seconds and terminate every connection one by one with X seconds of timeout. If we do the calculations, it would take around 12 minutes to unfreeze the server. So this is the nastiest bug that I have ever found. Unfortunately fixing it is very simple. I just have to check for active connections and see if the number doesn't exceed the value that is in the configuration file.

well... I don't know if I will release it in any forums,  but that doesn't mean that you won't be able to get it. I have some things in my mind, that I could do with this buffer...

the first thing is, that I want to get rid of admin panel in the buffer... it's unnecessary and it's very space-consuming, so instead I would make a Admin panel with PHP...

since I have my blog in making, I will integrate admin panel for the buffer in it. There won't be any security threats what so ever, because I don't care about messing with other servers and ruining them.

So removing admin panel from the script is the first thing. Next thing - splitting normal buffer and scheme buffer in 2 different scripts. That would make the script even better, because the size of the script will decrease drastically...

And that's a good thing.

Now about 1 nasty bug. For example - you have a PVP server, where 50 people buff at the same time. That would cause server to freeze, because of the maximum allowed MySQL connections and since my buffer uses a MySQL connection, it will freeze the server, wait 10 seconds and terminate every connection one by one with X seconds of timeout. If we do the calculations, it would take around 12 minutes to unfreeze the server. So this is the nastiest bug that I have ever found. Unfortunately fixing it is very simple. I just have to check for active connections and see if the number doesn't exceed the value that is in the configuration file.

u can also put dealy time between the players can use it...3seconds  for example a player can use it after the last player...or something like that

• 2 weeks later...