About Ram Help Only If Know Please.

Hello guys i want ask about gb rams.

If i buy deticat server with 1 gb/s internet and 4 gb ram how mutch players can be online

6 gb = ? 

8 gb = ?

12 gb = ? 

16 gb = ? 

24 gb = ? 

32 gb = ? 

64 gb = ? 

What ever you know will help me thanks ! :) 

L2jserver High five client

16g is the biggest RAM you would ever need, above is just wasting money. 4g for a decent live server with geodata on should be the minimum.

Thanks for your info you help me soo mutch :)

And if you know any deticat servers with ddos protection (cronos dont have moutch deticats)

Edited by kris131

Gameservers are generally not attacked, but webserver is an easy target (and there are a lot of tools to flood).

Avoid to host website on same server than gameserver.

Avoid to create external connections to your database and secure your mySQL db as you can.

Setup your own firewall solution to avoid login attempt attack spam (L2J solution works, but it doesn't fit with proxies : banning an IP means strictly nothing).

Gameservers are generally not attacked, but webserver is an easy target (and there are a lot of tools to flood).

Avoid to host website on same server than gameserver.

Avoid to create external connections to your database and secure your mySQL db as you can.

Setup your own firewall solution to avoid login attempt attack spam (L2J solution works, but it doesn't fit with proxies : banning an IP means strictly nothing).

i dont scary about site is only html. soo just i need to setup firewall and save my db mysql accounts?

i dont scary about site is only html. soo just i need to setup firewall and save my db mysql accounts?

DDoS attacks something, and that something is generally website. If website is placed on same machine then all ressources are burnt and your server cry.

Secure your mySQL as you can, there are plenty of topics on the net. Avoid any external calls to the db to avoid crafted queries.

• 3 weeks later...

What about reading the features of the product?

First of all, dedi > vps. Secondly, gaming dedi has 'better' ddos prot. At least that's what they say.

Edited by SweeTs

VPS means hardware is shared amongst multiple ppl, dedicated means what it means. Making a performance comparison is kinda ridiculous, it depends how much ppl are hold on same machine.

Pick a VPS, at worst you can evolve your subscription to a dedicated if you reach big amount of ppl, want to offer better service, etc. Eventually ask to the host if you can change your subscription without penalty, just to be sure.

If you're sure to make big players number, pick a dedicated.

den soy arki mono h ram kai to internet gia na exeis enan server xoris lag

xriazese kai skliro disko me megali taxitita engrafis kai anagnosis

kai apo ton cpu na min exeis mono ton 1 core 

apo skliro dld na exei ssd kai na exeis toylaxiston 3-4 core sto mixanima

gt an exeis 30 gb ram 1 gbp/s internet kai ( 1 core me enan aplo skliro ) tote max tha exeis 30 me 60 atoma xoris lag ( isos lew kai polla )

gia kathe pexti thes peripoy 2 mb ram 

Edited by pirama