Different Protocol Version

XENEIXE

Question

Hi guys!

I was so happy, my first GoD server in a long time, all is ready, all on without errors... But when i log in, before create the character, the game says "Different protocol version"

I checked on the forum and Internet about it, but the "solutions" that people says don't work for me... I edited the l2.ini, the host file and Server.properties with 127.0.0.1, but doesn't work, i cant get to the character creation screen ):

Im currently working with ertheia pack, by Baggos, and i downloaded the ertheia client from the Mobius project.

How can i know what client need for my pack? I mean, i know that the pack is ertheia and the client is ertheia too, but there is different versions of ertheia or something like that? Im new in GoD+ servers...

Thanks in advance!

8 answers to this question

1) Open your L2.exe by right click, properties

2) Add this to end of target -L2ProtocolVersion , hit apply

3) It should look like similar to this "C:\Program Files\Lineage 2\system\L2.exe" -L2protocolversion

4) Start the L2.exe and it will display the protocol for whatever server you have setup it to connect in your host file

then go to this:

# Numbers of protocol revisions that server allows to connect.

# Delimiter is ;
# WARNING: <u><b><font color="red">Changing the protocol revision may result in incompatible communication and many errors in game!</font></b></u>
# Default: 603;606;607

AllowedProtocolRevisions = 603;606;607

and type the protocol version you will find

in gameserver.properties file you set Min Protocol Revision to 1, Max to 999, try it, it should help :)

The only thing that i have in server.propieties is:

# Numbers of protocol revisions that server allows to connect.

# Delimiter is ;
# WARNING: <u><b><font color="red">Changing the protocol revision may result in incompatible communication and many errors in game!</font></b></u>
# Default: 603;606;607

AllowedProtocolRevisions = 603;606;607

Can't find those lines that you say...

Try to find another system at all....not only l2.ini. Im getting this when i connect for example with high five client to freya server. Download any other GOD system and edit its l2ini and try to connect.

Try to find another system at all....not only l2.ini. Im getting this when i connect for example with high five client to freya server. Download any other GOD system and edit its l2ini and try to connect.

603+ is Ertheia protocol and as he said he's using Mobius. Try checking their forum, Mobi has a connection guide there.

Edited by kyosume

1) Open your L2.exe by right click, properties

2) Add this to end of target -L2ProtocolVersion , hit apply

3) It should look like similar to this "C:\Program Files\Lineage 2\system\L2.exe" -L2protocolversion

4) Start the L2.exe and it will display the protocol for whatever server you have setup it to connect in your host file

then go to this:

and type the protocol version you will find

this is actually nice, never knew this :D it should help

Ok i did it, my protocol version is 610, i add it to the server.propieties...

Now works! That was a great tip!

Thanks u all guys for helping me, hope this thread help others in the future with protocol problems!