Some Ideas For A High Five (Not Mine)

Ayami-

Hello, a team just invited me to create a project with them (something as private sources + custom gameplay)

So, my ideas were this:

Increased max level to 99 but not hard to get (Unique ultimate learn on final level for every class)

1 New hero skill that will be depending race: for example (Dark elf , Shillens Power , increasing for 10 seconds all stats + 3 seconds invisibility) <- this actually wont be implemented, just an example

No custom armors/weapons (Just raidboss weapons will be just a little better than the usual) 

Custom cloaks (giving only extra run speed)

Accesory (Each will give a boost of 2/3 % on stats or even base stats)

Some unique gameplay zones, like effect zone* , War Zone *

Not crazy enchant rates but hard to be achieved

a lot of currency complex to achieve top gear , effects on armor through max enchant

Effect Zone*= Farm zone/ cool drops but... A debuff will be on your debuff slots that will reduce some speed/accuracy/casting etc so it makes a little more harder

War Zone* = Full of APC guards, you need to kill them all to achieve the leader.

So ? Opinions, features request and so on

Hello, a team just invited me to create a project with them (something as private sources + custom gameplay)

So, my ideas were this:

Increased max level to 99 but not hard to get (Unique ultimate learn on final level for every class)

1 New hero skill that will be depending race: for example (Dark elf , Shillens Power , increasing for 10 seconds all stats + 3 seconds invisibility) <- this actually wont be implemented, just an example

No custom armors/weapons (Just raidboss weapons will be just a little better than the usual) 

Custom cloaks (giving only extra run speed)

Accesory (Each will give a boost of 2/3 % on stats or even base stats)

Some unique gameplay zones, like effect zone* , War Zone *

Not crazy enchant rates but hard to be achieved

a lot of currency complex to achieve top gear , effects on armor through max enchant

Effect Zone*= Farm zone/ cool drops but... A debuff will be on your debuff slots that will reduce some speed/accuracy/casting etc so it makes a little more harder

War Zone* = Full of APC guards, you need to kill them all to achieve the leader.

So ? Opinions, features request and so on

It sounds like Pride Style

Dont know i think the l2 is dead!!!

Whats the point of increasing levels, but make them easier? 

You don't feel there is a rather obvious creep? It's a short term relief. People have something to achieve but the goal is trivial and the path to the goal holds no significant gameplay consequences. 

So why bother?

Also why add more items? Albeit the bonuses are negligible. This makes the game more completionist focused.

Don't see the point at all.

Would rather go the opposite way - decrease levels instead of increase. Make death meaningful. Reduce numbers to a more manageable scale (no more dealing with 40k PAtk).

Whats the point of increasing levels, but make them easier? 

You don't feel there is a rather obvious creep? It's a short term relief. People have something to achieve but the goal is trivial and the path to the goal holds no significant gameplay consequences. 

So why bother?

Also why add more items? Albeit the bonuses are negligible. This makes the game more completionist focused.

Don't see the point at all.

Would rather go the opposite way - decrease levels instead of increase. Make death meaningful. Reduce numbers to a more manageable scale (no more dealing with 40k PAtk).

explain your pov i am all ears

Btw i wanna see one good Faction l2j H5 server i think that miss from l2 generally!!!!

There is :D

http://www.maxcheaters.com/topic/188478-l2j-order-vs-chaos/

explain your pov i am all ears

Point being levels used to be important. They were valuable because they defined a lot of things, primarily gear that you could use. This determined where you would farm, and what players opponents you would compete with. 

With the addition of more levels, previous levels are devalued. Its exactly the same principle as in the case of bad economy when you have too much of everything, you no longer need anything. To counteract the devaluement, strict levels turned into band of levels (0-20, 20-40, 40-56, etc). Adding levels is meaningless if it doesn't hold value. 

That's why I am saying reduce levels drastically, add more value to them, and make their achievement significant. But more importantly not permanent. Permanency leads to a singularity of need - top level that never goes down? Never need to farm/exp again. If you don't need to farm and exp there is no need to secure farm spot. If there is no need to secure farm spot there is no reason to go out of town. Top gear? Never need to craft, enchant. This encourages rejection of game features - players abandon certain game mechanics because they no longer need to be involved with them.

And for sure I would advise not to have many currencies. Many currencies do not make good economy. Economy will depend entirely on which currency is hardest to get, and every other currency will be oversaturated same as adena. 

if you want to make good economy measure how quickly a currency is gained compared to how quickly the items that are bought for currency are lost and hence demanded. From this it is obvious why at start of the server no currency is oversaturated - everyone needs top gear. After some time only new players need top gear. After more time nobody needs new gear. 

if you want to keep armor/weapons permanent and excluded from loss, my only advice to make good economy is focus on potions and consumables like talismans. 

TL;DR The general problem that needs to be addressed is rejection of game features. Adding more levels doesn't fix this, only makes it worse.

Edited by Epiquin