Lighting

SSnakEE

Hi, I try convert 3d mesh from higher chronicle to Interlude. I do it like this:

1. With uModel I get .psk file with mesh

2. With 3ds max 2009 I import this psk file and remove all it's bones

3. I export to .3ds file and import with ZModeler 1.07b

4. I export from ZModeler as .3ds file

5. I import .3ds to 3dx max again, Unwrap UVW

6 I export to .obj, use l2oakx for c6

Model is showing in game correctly, problem is with reflections, lighting on it. It's too shiny and seems that light is on wrong places.
Anyone knows maybe where I make mistake?

It's a known issue, specially with high poly models. The vertex normals tends to screw up. OAUKX introduces a lot of garbage into the mesh.

It's a accesory or a weapon? If it isn't attached to some character, you can do it with Postal 2 UnrealED. It will respect the lightning.

It's a known issue, specially with high poly models. The vertex normals tends to screw up. OAUKX introduces a lot of garbage into the mesh.

It's a accesory or a weapon? If it isn't attached to some character, you can do it with Postal 2 UnrealED. It will respect the lightning.

Ye its accessory :P

wath do you mean if it isn't attached to some character ?

Edited by puredemonsss

Well, you already know that weapons and accesories made with Postal 2 UED and UT2004/3 + Gildor's Tool need to fix the attachment to work the proper way. He need to import an accesory, so OAUKX is the only way for him right now.

yes and i tink i know wats the problem but it needs testing since i'm not shore

when he imports it in 3ds he needs to conect all the vertices

then set the uv or/and add material and texture

then export

I already worked with the vertex, re-setting normals and all stuff, and OAUKX keeps messing with them. I already read some post from gildor that confirms that OAUKX puts some garbage in the mesh. Maybe, as you say, we can fix this in 3dsmax, but I don't find yet a way.

I already worked with the vertex, re-setting normals and all stuff, and OAUKX keeps messing with them. I already read some post from gildor that confirms that OAUKX puts some garbage in the mesh. Maybe, as you say, we can fix this in 3dsmax, but I don't find yet a way.

Ye I can agree that oaukx makes crap in file, but I can see, a lot of people managed to port items from  higher chronicles (with oaukx) to Interlude with proper reflections. There must be something that I am doing wrong.

Ye I can agree that oaukx makes crap in file, but I can see, a lot of people managed to port items from  higher chronicles (with oaukx) to Interlude with proper reflections. There must be something that I am doing wrong.

mabe its requiered the 3ds Max 9 not 2009 or/and zmodeler v1a not b, mabe the plugins too like md5 and OAUKX 6 or 7

reopen the .obj in zmodeler and save again as .obj ?

i tink i read something about zbrush not zmodeler and you need to open final .obj in zbrush and save it again to fix normals and i tink its needed the v1 ?

mabe its MilkShape 1.8.5, i duno

try mix those things mabe you get it working i duno

pls reply if you get it working coz we are all courious about

Edited by puredemonsss

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I got it I think. Zmodeler was all the problem.

When you export the .3DS from zmodeler and reimport it to 3dsmax, the normals are wrong. I solved it with the "Edit Normals" modifier just before insert the final "Unwrap UVW" modifier (after all Zmodeler stuff, ofc). In the "Edit Normals" modifier, you need to select all the mesh normals and press "Unify" on the right panel. It's no totally perfect, but I get a very good result with the weapons from Dark Souls that I'm adapting to L2.

http://imgur.com/a/RvpfW

Tell me if you got it working :)