[Help] Want To Port Head Accessory From Higher Chronicle, Dev Window Crashes (Serial Size Mismatch)

HolyNova

Hello, here I am with another question. I was messing a bit with umodel, UE and stuff and I tried to make "new" texture from already made head accessory from H5, which is in this case Ant cap. I did new .ukx and .utx files, both should have neccessary files to work. Now, here is the question. When I open dev mode and try to wear that hat, client crashes with this warning that serial size mismatch. here the full text: 

SkeletalMesh PROC.MFighter_ant_cap_m003_a: Serial size mismatch: Got 99412, Expected 99416

History: LoadObject <- (SkeletalMesh PROC.MFighter_ant_cap_m003_a 206843==206843/405616 107431 99416) <- ULinkerLoad::Preload <- PreLoadObjects <- UObject::EndLoad <- UObject::StaticLoadObject <- (Engine.SkeletalMesh PROC.MFighter_ant_cap_m003_a NULL) <- IsLoadedResource <- User::SetPawnResource <- NCPawnView_InvenItemWnd::OnRButtonDown <- NCVirtualWndMain::SetFocusingWindow <- NCVirtualWndMain::DispatchWndMsg <- NConsoleWnd::DispatchWndMsgX <- NConsoleWnd::MasterConsoleEventProcess <- UEngine::InputEvent <- UWindowsViewport::CauseInputEvent <- UWindowsViewport::UpdateInput <- UViewport::ReadInput <- APlayerController::Tick <- ALineagePlayerController::Tick <- TickAllActors <- ULevel::Tick <- (NetMode=0) <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop

I found out that it could be a texture or mesh problem (well, what else it could be), but nothing regarding particular problem regarding lineage 2, so I don't know what should be my next step. Would appreciate any help from more skilled people. Thanks in advance :)

Is a SketetalMesh error. The .ukx that you made is not compatible with Lineage 2 UE2. You have three options.

1. Use OAUKX for making the accesory. The easiest way.

2. Buy gildor's tool and make a compatible .ukx. Also, you will need to fix the attachment.

3. Use Postal 2 UnrealED. But again, you will need to fix the attachment.

If you don't have so much experience at client developing, OAUKX is the right choose. :)

EDIT: Also, you don't need to create a new .ukx if you only want to do a re-texture. In the amorgrp.dat you can assign a new texture to a existing mesh.

Edited by Ikeryn

Is a SketetalMesh error. The .ukx that you made is not compatible with Lineage 2 UE2. You have three options.

1. Use OAUKX for making the accesory. The easiest way.

2. Buy gildor's tool and make a compatible .ukx. Also, you will need to fix the attachment.

3. Use Postal 2 UnrealED. But again, you will need to fix the attachment.

If you don't have so much experience at client developing, OAUKX is the right choose. :)

EDIT: Also, you don't need to create a new .ukx if you only want to do a re-texture. In the amorgrp.dat you can assign a new texture to a existing mesh.

Thanks for the information you provided, I do appreciate it. My goal is to port some of the hat accessories from H5 into interlude. To do so, I need to extract meshes and apply textures. Well, I think textures aren't problem, but the meshes are. I simply tried to extract it, then rework it in UE and make an .ukx files. Well, you see what happened. 

Could it happen that you have a working version of this OAUKX program? I searched through internet, but everything I got was not working programs "terminated by system in unusual way". As it is a hobby, I do not plan to spend 50 dollars for the program (right now), but if I dive more into it, I will definitely consider it. What is the difference with the postal 2 UE?

And to your EDIT note: I already tried to do a re-texture and as you wrote, that is not a problem as the mesh is same, but the accessories from H5 aren't present in IL and therefore I need to create new .ukx with meshes (at least I think so)

Thanks again :)

And you cant take the H5 accessory ukx and put it in your interlude cliente? Im only developing for H5, so I don't know is there's some incompability (encrypts and stuff)

The Postal 2 UE can import StaticMeshes and unanimated psk into L2. But if you try to import animations, it doesn't work. For animation purposes, you need the gildor's tool.

Take this OAUKX

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s63s24zquv5cui2/OAUKX_C6_V1_1_.0_beta3.rar?dl=0

Also, you will need 3dsmax and some 3D tutorial guide. Youtube will help on this :)

And you cant take the H5 accessory ukx and put it in your interlude cliente? Im only developing for H5, so I don't know is there's some incompability (encrypts and stuff)

The Postal 2 UE can import StaticMeshes and unanimated psk into L2. But if you try to import animations, it doesn't work. For animation purposes, you need the gildor's tool.

Take this OAUKX

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s63s24zquv5cui2/OAUKX_C6_V1_1_.0_beta3.rar?dl=0

Also, you will need 3dsmax and some 3D tutorial guide. Youtube will help on this :)

Well, this was the first idea I had before I got into making .ukx on my own, but If I did that, system started to crash with the same error. So there is probably some incompatibility and it would be way easy like that, right? :D Thanks for the link, gonna check it out. Also, dou you have a postal UE? Same bad luck as with the OAUKX, cant find the tool. Thanks once more!

i tink you need convert the .psk to .obj to use OAUKX

you can start learn this http://www.maxcheaters.com/topic/188197-3dsmax2009keybasics/

or you can learn blender but i ddn't test it as i know that you need to reunrwap the uvmap, set material + mabe the texture if i'm correct and all of this im doing it in my 3dsmax2009

tips

after your confortable with 3dsmax and know how to manipulate meshes and uvmaps, skins, etc you then can export allmost wath you want to game but you will have some limitations

example if you will take gildor program you will have the problem of attachement for accesoryes and weapons

if you use OAUKX you will have some polygon number limitations but this is only the case if you want to import custom mesh with very high poly counts

and OAUKX can't export animations and can't create groups, so basicaly using OAUKX will give you a file .ukx with one mesh

Edited by puredemonsss

i tink you need convert the .psk to .obj to use OAUKX

you can start learn this http://www.maxcheaters.com/topic/188197-3dsmax2009keybasics/

you will need some plugins for it

http://udn.epicgames.com/Two/ActorX.html

http://gildor.org/downloads

or you can learn blender but i ddn't test it

tips

after your confortable with blender and know how to manipulate meshes and uvmaps, skins, etc you then can export allmost wath you want to game but you will have some limitations

example if you will take gildor program you will have the problem of attachement for accesoryes and weapons

if you use OAUKX you will have some polygon number limitations but this is only the case if you want to import custom mesh with very high poly counts

Thanks, gonna have a look at it soon :)