How To Build Up Your Garrison

Sawadee

Greetings fellow denizens of Azeroth

In this guide I shall explain the basics of setting up your Garrison, upgrading it, which buildings should you make and why, how it integrates and affects your leveling, and it's impact on the end game.

There will be a TL : DR version of the build order in the end. First let us see why do you even want your Garrison.

Why you NEED the Garrison:

- to level up, a lot of major quest lines are phased and will not be available to those who haven't set up a Garrison

- to gain access to Ashran ( i have leveled 6 characters on the beta by now and haven't found another way to get there )

- to start the Legendary questline at 100

- to collect Apexis Crystals which act as currency for gear and items gained from WoD factions

Do note all that I just mentioned can be done from a lvl 1 garrison. If you hate them and don't want to deal with Garrisons you can just complete the introduction and forget about them.

What BENEFITS does a Garrison provide:

- access to a mine and herb garden that will spawn random Dreanor minerals / herbs each day for you to harvest (no profession required to gather them )

- access to a fishing hut and pet menagerie that offer daily quests

- access to a large arsenal of buildings that provide a special bonus to you

- access to profession buildings that provide you with the ability to make selected crafts from a specific profession ( all professions, not just the ones you have )

- most buildings provide work orders, which can be used to trade materials for other things ( details for each building can be found in later parts of the guide )

- followers that can run missions for you and reward you all kinds of stuff ( even raid gear )

OK. With that part clear, we can now start with the leveling of both your character and the garrison. What follows is a build order for your garrison that I found to be best for leveling to 100. Do note that the lvl 3 buildings require an achievement to get the blueprints, which are used to unlock them. These are account wide so once you do them your alts will have the prints too, remember though, you will still have to pay the costs for them on your alt.

More details about this and a lot of other stuff related to the Garrisons can be found on my blog! :)

Build 18950

This guide was originally found on mmo-champ, however I have made some (grammar) corrections and added some of my own insights

TABLE OF CONTENT

1. Garrison Leveling

1.1 Garrison Level 1

1.2 Garrison Level 2

1.3 Garrison Level 3

2. Remaining Buildings

2.1 Large Buildings

2.2 Medium Buildings

2.3 Profession Buildings

3. Build Orders

4. Outposts

5. FAQ Section

1. Garrison Leveling

1.1 Garrison Level 1

- Right after the dark portal quest line that gets you to Draenor, you will find yourself in your starting zone ( Frostfire Ridge / Shadowmoon Valley ). The very first quest will get you to begin making a garrison, you will be sent to the garrison area and do a few quick quests to set up your lvl 1 garrison

- Your garrison starts with a small tent that acts as town hall, 1 Large, and 1 Small building plot. The next couple of quests will get you a Barracks constructed. If you have a crafting profession you will also find a quest along the way that will give you blueprints for that profession building to place on the small plot.

- Construction of each building take 1 hour, with the exception of the starting Barracks and Town Hall upgrades which happen instantly

- Once the building is constructed there will be a clickable object in front of it, which you need to click in order to finalize a building. This applies to all buildings except the Town Hall. Every building has 3 levels, each providing a new bonus.

- You will also get a quest for your first follower after you make the Barracks

Now let's take a look at all the new stuff we learned so far.

The Town Hall

This is the main building in every garrison. It provides access to the Mission Table (follower missions), Architect's Table (for construction), Apexis Crystal daily quest (at 100), and a Blueprint vendor (building plans).

Garrison Resources

This is the main currency of your garrison. It is used for constructing and upgrading buildings (that + gold), sending followers on missions, certain work orders, and for purchase of garrison invasion items.

It is gained through several ways: as a quest reward, from work orders, from missions, dropped by rare mobs on Draenor, in various treasures across Draenor.

There is also a container in your garrison called the Garrison Cache which will gather this currency for free and can be clicked to collect it

The Barracks

Level 1: Unlocks patrol missions for followers. This just gives you more missions overall. The blueprint is acquired from the starting quest. Contruction cost is 150g and 150 GR ( free for the starting placement ).

Level 2: Allows a follower with the Bodyguard trait to accompany you as a guardian in Dreanor zones. Simply send a follower with said trait to ''work'' at your barracks ( this is done via the architect's table, select barracks and click on work spot), then go to the barracks and talk to the follower and click the accompany me option. The blueprint is purchased from vendors. Construction cost is 300g and 900GR.

Level 3: Increases your follower limit by 5 and grants access to racial guards and banners. You can now have 25 followers and replace the Horde / Alliance banners with racial ones. Blueprint is purchased from vendors and requires an Achievement to buy. Construction cost is 500g and 1200GR.

The Profession Buildings

Level 1: Allows the production of profession specific items and work orders. Refer to the building list below for details.

Level 2: Allows followers with the respective profession trait to work here, granting a unique bonus. Also allows up to 14 work orders at one time. More work orders, if you place a follower to work here, they will increase the yield of work orders.

Level 3: Allows up to 21 work orders at one time.

- Each profession building lvl 1 blueprint is learned for free after get your garrison to lvl 2. Construction cost is 150g and 50GR.

- Each profession building lvl 2 blueprint is purchasable from blueprint vendors. Construction cost is 300g and 100GR.

- Each profession building lvl 3 blueprint is purchasable from blueprint vendors once you get your garrison to lvl 3. Construction cost is 500g an 300GR.

If you have a gathering profession on your character, you should build a building that fits it so you can use the materials for work orders.

If you don't have Enchanting nor a gathering profession I strongly suggest the Enhanter's Study which will allow you to DE the gear you get while leveling, do note however, that you will get less dust then if you let your alt/friend do the disenchanting.

If you do have Enchanting then build a Storehouse for bank access and more work orders.

Now that covers lvl 1. If you wish to replace a building you do so by dropping a new one over it at the architect's table. Doing so will lower the lvl 1 construction cost of the new building by 50%.

1.2 Garrison Level 2

- As you quest through the starting zone you will eventually get notified that there is an enemy invasion on your garrison. This will give you the quest to upgrade your garrison to lvl 2.

- lvl 2 garrison comes with more plots! you will get: 1 Medium Plot, 1 Small plot. you also unlock access to 4 special building plots for the Mine, Herb garden, the Fishing Shack, and the Pet Menagerie!

- Also with the upgrade you instantly learn the lvl 1 blueprints of ALL buildings, with the exception of the Salvage Yard.

Here is list of all the buildings split by plot size: Large, Medium, and Small

The Lumber Mill

Level 1: Allows you to mark small trees in Dreanor for harvest. Harvested Timber can be converted to work orders for garrison supplies. You will get a quest that will reward you with the Find Timber spell. To gather a Timber you right click it and a npc will appear to cut it down. after a few seconds he will tell you that he is done and you will get Timber (amount depends of how big the tree is ). Timber is used for work orders. Blueprint is provided. Construction cost is 150g and 100GR.

Level 2: Allows you to mark medium trees for additional Timber. Also you get more work orders. Blueprint is bought off vendors. Construction cost is 300g and 300GR.

Level 3: Allows you to mark large trees for even more Timber. MOAR work orders. After you do a few quest you can get a unique follower. Blueprint is bought off vendors and requires an Achievement to buy. Construction cost is 500g and 600GR.

Work orders take 4 hours each to complete. Requires 10 Timber. Rewards 20GR.

You can place up to 9, 14, 21 work orders at once per building lvl respectively.

So why build the mill first? Simple: you need all the GR you can get for later. The mill is one of the two building that will give you GR from work orders. It integrates perfectly into your leveling as it only requires you to gather timber while you quest. Since most buildings are useless till lvl 3, this one fits you the best. A possible alternative is the Barn.

The Store House

Level 1: Enables access to your personal bank and increases the total number of active work orders for all buildings by 5. More work orders, bank access. The go to building for those who have no gathering professions.

Level 2: Enables access to your guild bank.

Level 3: Enables access to an Ethereal Trader for Void Storage and Transmogrification and increases the total number of active work orders for all buildings by 15. Big work order boost. The blueprint is can be bought off vendors and requires an Achievement to unlock.

This is the best small building in the long run. However there is only 1 that is better before garrison gets to lvl 3 and that is the Salvage Yard.

The Salvage Yard

Level 1: Allows Salvage to be occasionally recovered from missions. Every time a mission is completed ( regardless is it success or failure ), you have a chance to get a container which once you open can yield gold, vendor trash, crafting mats. The blueprint for this building is rewarded from a quest in Spires of Arak and requires lvl 96 to get. It is the end of a small quest chain that all who ding 96 should do for this building asap!

Level 2: Increases your chance at recovering Salvage from missions. In addition, you may now discover follower items in Salvage. The follower items mentioned here upgrade you follower ilvl once they ding 100. Full list in this comment.

Level 3: Greatly increases your chance at recovering Salvage from missions. In addition, you may now discover player items in Salvage. You now get this container from missions. It can have everything the previous one does in addition to all kind of items for you (greens, rares...). the blueprint can be bought once this Achievement is earned.

this is the best building for all those who intend to use their followers to spam missions. It gives you bonus loot from missions. It helps you upgrade your followers ilvl (which will unlock dungeon and raid missions). All in all this is a must.

Now the shiny bonus buildings! These 4 will be made in all garrisons. you get the quest to unlock them as you lvl up.

The Mine

Level 1: Allows players to mine Draenic Stone from mineral nodes in Draenor. Draenic Stone can be converted to work orders for Draenor minerals. OK once you build it, you will get an actual mine! Inside will spawn Draenor mineral nodes once per day which you can gather for ore (you don't need mining for this, tho having it allows tracking of the deposits and gathering will increase your skill). Draenic Stone is acquired from both your mine and mineral nodes in Draenor after you build a mine. It is used for work orders at the mine. The mine becomes available at level 92 from a quest in your garrison.

Level 2: Allows followers with the Mining trait to work here, granting a unique bonus. Also opens a new mine shaft, granting access to additional mining nodes and allows up to 14 work orders at one time. More work orders. Another mine shaft = more ore to mine. Putting a follower to work increases the reward from work orders, and lets you loot mine carts inside the mine for more ore! The blueprint is bought off vendors. Construction cost is 300g and 50GR.

Level 3: A final mine shaft allows access to rich mining nodes. In addition, garrison guards will patrol your mine, keeping it clear of hostile goren. Also allows up to 21 work orders at one time. MOAR work orders. Another mine shaft = more ore. The blueprint can be bought after you do this Achievement.

Work orders take 4 hours each to complete. Requires 5 Draenic stone. Rewards ore.

You can place up to 9, 14, 21 work orders at once per building lvl respectively.

The Herb Garden

Level 1: Grows Draenic Seeds into herbs each day and herbalism nodes are available in the garden. Grows herbs for you to gather each day. Draenic Seed is the herb equivalent of the above mentioned Draenic Stone. The Herb Garden becomes available at lvl 96 from a quest in your garrison.

Level 2: Allows followers with the Herbalism trait to work here, granting a unique bonus. Also increases the amount of herbs that can be harvested at the garden and allows up to 14 work orders at one time. MOAR herbs. If you put a follower to work they will increase the reward from work orders, and allow you to pick a specific WoD herb to grow each day (you always get random herbs, but if you do this you will always get the same herb). the blueprint is from the vendor. Construction cost is 300g and 50GR.

Level 3: Grow a unique Draenor fruit tree in your garden that grants food buffs. Also allows up to 21 work orders at one time. MOAR herbs. MOAR work orders. The tree will drop fruit on the ground which once eaten gives you well fed ( a lot of fruit will drop ). Blueprint can be bought after you do this Achievement. Construction cost is 500g and 100GR.

Work orders take 4 hours each to complete. Requires 5 Draenic seeds. Rewards herbs.

The Fishing Shack

Level 1: Allows small Draenor fish to be caught in garrison waters and provides access to daily Fishing quests. The Fishing shack becomes available at lvl 94 from a quest in your garrison.

Level 2: Allows medium Draenor fish to be caught in garrison waters. MOAR fish! Blueprint comes from vendor. Construction cost is 300g and 50GR.

Level 3: Allows enormous Draenor fish to be caught in garrison waters. Also grants you a chance to catch a unique fish that can be used to lure mysterious creatures onto the shore. Big Fish. Moar achievements. Net Pagle follower via quest. Blueprint can be bought after you do this Achievement.

The Pet Menagerie

Level 1: Attracts elite pets you can battle for rewards. Also lets 5 of your battle pets hang out in your garrison. There will be a daily quest to win vs those elite pets. The hanging out part means that 5 of your pets will run around the garrison. The Pet menagerie is available at lvl 98 from a quest in your garrison.

Level 2: Increases your trap chance and reduces the cooldown of Revive Battle Pets while in Draenor. Up to 10 of your pets can now hang out in your garrison. Blueprint bought at vendor. Construction cost is 300g an 50GR.

level 3: Unlocks a pet battle daily with unique pet rewards. the daily can get you new pets! Blueprint is available after you do this Achievement. Construction cost is 500g and 100GR.

This wraps up the Leveling Part of the garrison guide! Final part here are all the remaining buildings and the best choices PvE wise.

1.3 Garrison Level 3

- Once you ding 100 you get a quest to upgrade the garrison to lvl 3.

- lvl 3 Garrison gives you 1 more of each plot.

Best Small buildings: Storehouse > Salvage Yard > Profession Building ( the profession you have )

If you have the profession and it's building, the NPC inside will sell you Dreanor plans / recipes for said profession. Also the work orders of each profession building provide you with high lvl crafting mats that are needed for end game crafting. Do remember if you got 2 crafting professions you may swap lvl 1 buildings for them just to do the work orders.

Best Medium Buildings: Lumber Mill > Trading Post > The Inn > others

The other medium buildings are placed for their respective rewards. Some award you mounts. Some titles. Some achievements. make them, do all with them till you have rewards and then replace them.

Best Large Buildings: Barracks > others

Barracks are the best. the other buildings can be placed depending of personal liking.

2. REMAINING BUILDINGS

2.1 Large Buildings

The Bunker / War Mill

Level 1: Doubles the chance for your quest rewards to get a rare or epic Bonus Upgrade, and increases the potency of the upgrade. Allows the collection of armor scraps from the orc clans of Draenor for armor transmogrification use. Scraps drop from all 100 orcs and in instances. Low drop rates. Here is the List of all mog items. Construction cost is 150g and 150GR.

Level 2: Opens up work orders for follower weapons and armor in exchange for garrison resources. Also, new armor transmogrification items unlock. Blueprint off vendor. Construction cost is 300g and 900GR.

Level 3: Grants 1 of your 3 seals of tempered fate (raid bonus loot roll) at no cost each week. Do note that the seal you get here is not a BONUS. you still get only 3 per week, this way you only need to pay for 2. Blueprint available after you do this Achievement. Construction cost is 1200GR.

Work orders take 4 hours each to complete. Requires 20GR. Rewards armor scraps and has a chance for follower items (same as salvage crates).

Gearworks / Workshop

Level 1: Unlocks a personal engineer that creates a powerful invention each day. Exceptional work! A random invention will spawn each day that you can pick up. All have charges, you can only carry one, and you can return to get it again after you use it all. Here's a List of all inventions at lvl 1. Construction cost is 150g and 150GR.

Level 2: Your engineer gains access to five new and amazing devices. Here's the List of new stuff (there's a NUKE!). Blueprint off vendor. Construction cost is 300g and 900GR.

Level 3: Allows the creation of a siege vehicle once per day. Drive it to victory in Draenor! Best thing in the world :P you can use this anywhere outdoor, including Ashran! The blueprint is available after you do this Achievement. Construction cost is 1200GR.

Mage Tower / Spirit Lodge

Level 1: Allows the collection of ogre waystones from Ogres on Draenor. These waystones can be used to power an Ogre Waygate of your choice on Draenor. Also occasionaly triggers Runes of Power during combat. Random free buff all the time. All ogres drop these waystones and you can use 25 in your garrison to make a portal to a desired waygate forever. There is one in each zone (except shadowmoon valley). Traveling through the portal is free but it is a one way portal (can't return). you may have maximum 1 portal open. To change the waygate you first have to shut it down (10 waystones) and open a new one. Construction cost is 150g and 150GR.

Level 2: Unlocks access to a second Ogre Waygate for a total of 2. Blueprint off vendor. Construction cost is 300g and 900GR.

Level 3: Unlocks access to a third Ogre Waygate for a total of 3. Blueprint off vendor after you do this Achievement. Construction cost is 1200GR.

Stables

Level 1: Enables the capture and training of special mounts on Draenor. Also allows you remain mounted while interacting with objects in outdoor Draenor zones. You get a quest here each day. It sends you to capture a mount by throwing a lasso on it and running after him for 2mins (be mounted cuz it's fast). After that you get a ne quest each day to train those you captured by mounting them and killing a named mob in a random zone. Construction cost is 150g and 150GR.

Level 2: You will no longer get dazed by enemies while riding mounts in outdoor Draenor zones. Once you fully train your captured animals, they can be used as real mounts, forever. Blueprint off vendor. Construction cost is 300g an 900GR.

Level 3: Increases mount speed in Draenor by 20%. Blueprint available after you do this Achievement. Construction cost is 1200GR.

2.2 Medium Buildings

Barn

Level 1: Allows you to capture clefthoof, elekk, wolves, and talbuk for leather and fur. Used for leatherworking and tailoring recipes. You get a trap. You place it on the ground and lure the specified animal into it (has to be under 20% hp to work). If you go into it you get stunned. After you capture the animal you can place it as a work order for meat or skin depending of animal. Construction cost is 150g and 100GR.

Level 2: Allows you to capture boars and riverbeasts for rare meats used to create the most powerful food. A new trap that captures all that the same did and more! Also more work orders. Blueprint of vendor. Construction cost is 300g and 300GR.

Level 3: Allows you to capture elite beasts to harvest for savage blood, used in all epic crafted armor and weapons. Another trap for big guys. More work orders. Blueprint available after you do this Achievement. Construction cost is 500g and 600GR.

Once you trap a beast you will get a caged version of it depending on what beast is it. Each work order requires 1 caged beast. All beasts have Elite versions, caging and trading them will give you the same as the normal version (same item, bigger quantity) and savage blood

Work Order: talbuk / wolf >>>>> 15 Sumptuous Fur

clefthoof / elekk >>>> 15 Raw Beast Hide

boar / riverbeast >>>> a few Savage Feast

elite beast >>>> more of the above + some Savage Blood

Gladiator's Sanctum

Level 1: Increases your out-of-combat regeneration in outdoor Draenor zones and allows the collection of broken bones from defeated enemy players (used for Conqueror's Tribute). Construction cost is 150g and 150GR.

Level 2: Enables safe fall and underwater breathing in outdoor Draenor zones. Also enables the Nemesis quest series for defeating enemy players of specific races. Here is the List of all the achievements. Each rewards a title. Blueprint off vendor. Construction cost is 300g and 300GR.

Level 3: While below 35% life, all damage taken is reduced by 50% in outdoor Draenor zones. Grants access to the Highmaul Coliseum gladiator tournament.

Free buff. Coliseum is a pvp tournament. Blueprint available after you do this Achievement. Construction cost is 500g and 600GR.

The Inn

Level 1: Each day, a visitor offering a dungeon quest with generous rewards will spend the day at your inn. Daily dungeon quests (normal dung). Full List of quests, at lvl 100 you get 1 more quest for heroic dungeons (vanity quests on the list). Construction cost is 150g and 100GR. The innkeeper also offers to sell Excess Potion of Accelerated Learning for 100 GR. The potion's effect: Use: Experience gained from killing monsters and completing quests increased by 20%. Lasts 1 hour. This can be used for achieving maximum speed in leveling, however you won't have many GR too spare, especially early.

Level 2: Recruits random followers each week, this cooldown resets during the weekly maintenance, so for those who wish to min-max can build the inn one day before the reset, get a follower, wait the day after the reset, get the next follower and then demolish your inn in favor of another building. You can specify traits and abilities you're especially interested in. talk to the headhunter once a week and get to choose your follower trait / ability. Once you do 3 followers will be presented to choose from. You can recruit one. Blueprint off vendor. Construction cost is 300g and 300GR.

Level 3: Unlocks the particularly lucrative treasure hunter missions. Moar missions that reward gold and much more exp.

- if you raid LFR ----> you get the ''Normal'' cache with 655 gear

- if you raid Normal ----> you get the ''Heroic'' cache with 670 gear

- if you raid Heroic ----> you get the ''Mythic'' cache with 685 gear

- if you raid Mythic ----> you get the ''Mythic'' cache with 685 gear and 1000 gold

Note that in order to be able to send your followers on these types of missions, you need to have them be level 100, epic quality and have a certain level of gear, so this will most likely not have any use for these during progression.

Achievement needed for blueprint. Construction cost is 500g and 600GR.

The Trading Post

Level 1: A merchant shows up each day selling trade goods. Also allows the trade of crafting reagents for garrison resources. The trader will give sell you all crafting mats for GR. Each day the work order will require a random herb / ore for GR in return. Construction cost is 150g and 100GR.

Level 2: Grants access to the Sha'tari Defense or Laughing Skull factions. Also unlocks the ability to acquire parts from around Draenor to build an auctioneer. The factions offer this. the quest for making the auctioneer. Blueprint off vendor. Construction cost is 300g and 300GR.

Level 3: Increases reputation gain in Draenor by 20%. You need this Achievement to get the blueprints. Construction cost is 500g and 600GR.

2.3 Profession Buildings

Firstly I list things that all of them have in common.

*Constructon*

Level 1: All blueprints are acquired once the garrison upgrades to level 2. Construction of each costs 150g and 50GR.

Level 2: All blueprints are purchasable once the garrison upgrades to level 3. Construction of each costs 300g and 100GR.

Level 3: All blueprints are purchasable once this Achievement is completed. Construction of each costs 500g and 300GR.

*Access to profession craftables*

Level 1: All buildings give access to a lot of Draenor crafts for said profession. Also enables work orders.

Level 2: Allows followers with profession traits to work at matching profession buildings. Assigning a follower to a building grants a unique bonus as well as increasing the work order yield.

Level 3: More work orders. Unlocks additional crafts.

*Work Orders*

Level 1: 7 work orders

Level 2: 14 work orders

Level 3: 20 work orders

Each work order takes 4 hours to complete. Additional ones can't be started before shipment is picked up.

Alchemy Lab

Follower Bonus: Adds a daily quest that awards random Draenor potions for free.

Without Alchemy:

- allows production of Alchemy items

level 1: Draenor alchemy mats, healing / mana potions

level 2: Stat potions

level 3: Flaks

With Alchemy:

- enables a daily craft which rewards an item used as a currency for Draenor recipes (1 for potions / flasks, 5 for greater flasks)

- allows creation of greater flasks (level 3)

Work Order: 5 Frostweed for 1 Alchemical Catalyst

Enchanter's Study

Follower Bonus: Allows purchase of visual enchants (illusions). These act as transmog enchants for weapons (no stats just visual over the stat one).

Without Enchanting:

- allows production of enchanting items

level 1: Draenor enchanting mats, breaths for rings

level 2: Breaths for neck and cloak, Gift enchants for rings

level 3: Gift enchants for cloaks and necks

- allows disenchanting at the Essence Font

With Enchanting:

- enables a daily craft which rewards an item used as currency for Draenor Recipes (1 for all non weapon enchants, 5 for weapon enchants)

- allows crafting of weapon enchants (level 3)

Work Order: 5 Draenic Dust for 1 Fractured Temporal Crystal

Engineering Works

Follower Bonus: Sells unique items of which you can only have 1 on you (bank access, mailbox, trinkets).

Without Engineering:

-allows production of engineering items:

level 1: gadgets>

level 2: ranged weapon enchants

level 3: pets and toys

With Engineering:

-enables a daily craft which rewards an item used as currency for Draenor Recipes (1 for everything, 5 for weapon upgrade, 15 for another weapon upgrade)

-enables more crafts

Work Order: 2 True Iron Ore and 2 Blackrock Ore for 1 Gearspring Parts

Tailoring Emporium

Follower Bonus: Crafts Battle Standards for use in outdoor Draenor zones.

Without Tailoring :

- allows production of tailoring items

level 1: rare armor

level 2: epic capes, item that can reroll secondary stats

level 3: epic armor

With Tailoring:

- enables a daily craft which rewards an item used as currency for Draenor Recipes (1 for epic gear, 5 for pet/mount/bag, 15 for item upgrade similar to engineering one)

Work Order: 5 Sumptuous Fur for 1 Hexweave Cloth

Scribe's Quarters

Follower Bonus:Crafts an item that can be vendored for food or gold.

Without Inscription :

- allows production of inscription items

level 1: trinkets, allows milling of Draenor herbs

level 2: weapons, darkmoon cards

level 3: more weapons

With Inscription :

- enables a daily craft which rewards an item used as currency for Draenor Recipes (1 for weapons, 5 for item upgrade similar to engineering one/darkmoon cards)

Gem Butique

Follower Bonus: Offers a daily quest to craft an item that vendors for a lot of gold.

Without Jewelcrafting :

- allows production of jewelcrafting items

level 1: basic jewelry

level 2: regular gems and the item that rerolls secondary stats on items

level 3: epic jewelry

With Jewelcrafting :

- enables a daily craft which rewards an item used as currency for Draenor Recipes (1 for jewelry/regular gems/stat reroll item, 3 for toys, 5 for greater gems, 15 for item upgrade similar to engineering one)

Work Order: 5 Blackrock Ore for 1 Taladite Crystal

The Forge

Follower Bonus: Can speak with them to get a 4 hour buff (no durability loss, or guardians come to fight for you)

Without Blacksmithing :

- allows production of blacksmithing items

level 2: rare weapons and the item that rerolls secondary stats on items

level 3: epic armor

With Blacksmithing :

- enables a daily craft which rewards an item used as currency for Draenor Recipes (1 for epic items/weapons/pet/stat reroll item, 5 for item upgrade similar to engineering one, 15 for another item upgrade)

Work Order: 5 True Iron Ore for 1 Truesteel Ingot

The Tannery

Follower Bonus: Can craft tents, which grant a well-rested buff for 1 hour (10% stats)

Without Leatherworking :

- allows production of leatherworking items

level 2: rare cloaks and the item that rerolls secondary stats on items

level 3: epic armor and cloaks, drums

With Leatherworking :

- enables a daily craft which rewards an item used as currency for Draenor Recipes (1 for epic gear/stat reroll item/drums, 5 for profession bags/mount, 15 for item upgrade similar to engineering one)

Work Order: 5 Raw Beast Hide for 1 Burnished Leather

3. BUILD ORDERS (LEVELING AND ENDGAME)

The goal with each build order is to know in advance what you want to have and when. Avoid replacing buildings often as it wastes a lot of GR that you can't afford to throw like that.

When profession buildings are mentioned, they mean one or both of your professions should match them.

These build order are the ones that work for me currently on beta, but your own mileage may vary, these are mostly used for achieving maximum power, there are plenty of buildings which award achievements/vanity pets/transmogrifying stuff, so if thats what your after, your own build orders may vary.

Raiders

Leveling:

-small: salvage yard > enchanter's study (without enchanting) >1st profession building

-medium: lumber mill

-large: barracks

End-game:

-small: salvage yard >1st profession building > 2nd profession building ---- salvage yard is useful so long as you got followers to gear, once you don't build a 3rd profession building

-medium: lumber mill / barn > trading post -------- if you need Gr get LM, otherwise barn rocks for end game items

-large: barracks (for followers) -------- 2nd one is hard, bunker can save you money / workshop gives you toys / stables are useful outdoors

Gold Making (no alts)

Leveling:

-small: salvage yard > enchanter's study (without enchanting) >1st profession building

-medium: lumber mill

-large: barracks

End-game:

-small: 3 profession buildings ---- just don't make engineering one

-medium: lumber mill > trading post ----- the bread and butter of this build, get GR from mill > turn to trade goods > use in prof buildings

-medium: trading post > barn ------- if you got 1 or 2 gathering professions, you don't need the mill so much

-large: barracks > stables / workshop ---- not much here, just faster stuff out in the world

Gold Making (altoholic edition)

Leveling:

-small: salvage yard > enchanter's study (without enchanting) >1st profession building ------ get alts to 96 at least for garden and mine

-medium: lumber mill ----- fill those orders on all alts, every time

-large: barracks ----- dem missions

End-game:

-small: salvage yard >1st profession building > 2nd profession building-------- on your main(s)

-small: 2 profession buildings > storehouse------- storehouse so you need to log only once a week on alts (can replace with 3rd prof if you don't mind logging)

-medium: lumber mill > barn ------- LM for GR, barn cuz you will be farming! (this is your main ofc)

-medium: lumber mill > barn (2prof) > trading post (3prof)------ brackets depend of how many profession building the alt has ( for 2 pretend you're the main!, for 3 make trading post so you don't die from debt to your bank for so much shit in it )

-large: barracks > stables ------- stables on main cuz you will run around

-large: barracks > bunker ------- alts aren't going out, so gear those followers!!!

4. OUTPOSTS

OK now. Once you make a garrison you get another awesome perk, a special building in all the other zones (starting zones excluded).

This awesome building will provide a passive and an active bonus while you are within the zone. Each zone will offer a choice of 2 buildings. You can replace a building for a 10000g fee.

You will either have to do a small quest lien before making the building, or right after, to activate it's bonuses. Few very easy quests.

So without any further redo, here are all the choices by zone.

Shadowmoon Valley / Frostfire Ridge

There are no outposts in these zones, but if you have Barracks you get this ability. It summons a few of your garrison guards to fight for you. Nice dmg. 5min cd.

Gorgrond

Requirements: lvl 92, zone introduction quests need to be done before hand

Sparring Arena

Passive: You can click on boulders and big rock obstacles to summon one of your gladiators to brake it. Additional gladiators are unlocked as you quest through the zone.

Active: You get this ability. It will summon a random gladiator to fight with you for 1 minute. He will count the kills you make while active (via a buff on you). Once he expires he will give you a random buff for 5 minutes. Here are all the possible buffs. 10min CD.

Lumber Yard

Passive: You can click on vines to summon a shredder to cut them. These appear around treasures just like rocks mentioned above.

Active: You can summon a awesome Shredder. He lasts 1min or until killed. Has a spamable attack that hits everyone in a line, a flame jet to blast a frontal cone, and the ability to fly for a short time! This guy does a lot of dmg. 10min CD.

Talador

Requirements: lvl 94, you get sent from your garrison to Talador base, and you build something right away. The Arcane Sanctum building requires a quest line to activate after you build it. It's not long and has a nice reward in the end.

Arcane Sanctum

Passive: You get a follower.

Active: You get this awesome spell. It summons a cool orb that zaps enemies every 2 sec for 30sec doing solid dmg. 5min CD

Arsenal

Passive: you unlock a small quest line that will in the end award you with a follower and the same item as the sanctum construction quest.

Active: You can call down bombardment! This will mark the target area, and after a short delay an artillery strike will land 3 times! Each hit does dmg and stuns. Max 3 charges of this spell. 3,33min recharge.

Spires of Arak

Requirements: lvl 96, zone introduction quests need to be done before hand. Then you will meet with you factions contact to unlock a quest hub in which you build your outpost.

Smuggler's Tavern

Passive: Unlocks a quest line that will reward you with an item that you can trade for a lvl 2 blueprint in Ashran.

Active: Gain this ability. It will summon a vendor who will sell a number of things. Here is a list of all his goods. 10min CD.

Brewery

Passive: Unlocks a quest line that will reward you with an item that you can trade for a lvl 2 blueprint in Ashran

Active: You get this spell. It will teleport you to your brewery once every 5mins. Also the big part is that passively it gives you +20% exp.

Nagrand

Requirements: lvl 98, zone introduction quests need to be done before hand, rewards this item. There are no passive bonuses for Nagrand buildings.

Tankworks

Active: You can summon your very own siege vehicle! Does a lot of dmg, lasts till it's killed. 10min CD. You can see it's abilities here.

Corral

Active: You can use a special mount. Acts like a normal mount, has no CD, and can be mounted in combat.

Thank you for reading this, I hope it helps everyone in preparation for WoD :)

The info will be upgraded whenever a beta build changes something.

5. FAQ Section

Q: Are followers account bound?

A: Nop, you have to reacquire them on all characters.

Q: Do I need to redo all the achievements for lvl 3 buildings?

A: Nop, once done the said blueprint will be available for purchase to all characters.

Q: What's the fastest way to get all those achievements?

A: Alts are fastest. Build different buildings on alts, do achievements related to those buildings.

If you don't have / do alts, fastest way is one by one on main. Tho this way is long and expensive in terms of garrison resources.

Q: Why are barracks the best?

A: During leveling they will provide additional missions to level up you followers. In the end it will provide you with 5 additional follower slots allowing more missions to be run at once (when you get raid missions this will be good)

Q: Lumber Mill vs Barn?

A: LM provides you with GR, and is crucial for those who plan to do garrisons without alts (otherwise you'd run out of GR quickly);

Barn is better for end game and it should be there for raiders. Trading Post beats LM, so never consider Barn + LM combo.

Q: How does an altoholic get most out of their garrison?

A: Level a bunch of alts to 92, then you will unlock mine and lvl 2 garrison. Build barracks, LM, 2 profession buildings. Make sure to fill all the LM work orders on all alts. Afterwords rush you main to 100. In main's garrison make trading post + barn, barracks + stables, salvage yard + 2 prof buildings. Next step is getting alts to 96 to unlock herb garden and salvage yard. Keep filling all possible work orders and spam missions. Final part is getting alts to 100. When you do an alts garrison needs to help you with the following getting all lvl 3 blueprints.

In the end refer to the above mentioned end game build order for altoholics. :)

Q: Salvage yard vs Bunker?

A: Salvage Yard is better simply cuz there are far more useful large buildings. It's also cheaper since you need to use GR for bunker work orders.

Please note that everything here is based on how it looks on beta, this isn't final and the guide will be updated to reflect future patches