[Google Chrome (w00t!)]

GrisoM

Well i just discover they develop this new web browser

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Chrome

has wiki says:

A beta version for Microsoft Windows was released on 2 September 2008

Design

Primary design goals were improvements in security, speed and stability compared to existing browsers. There were also extensive changes in the user interface

Security

Chrome periodically downloads updates of two blacklists (one for phishing and one for malware) and warns users when they attempt to visit a harmful site. This service is also made available for use by others via a free public API called "Google Safe Browsing API". In the process of maintaining these blacklists, Google also notifies the owners of listed sites who may not be aware of the presence of the harmful software.[9]

Each tab in Chrome is sandboxed into its own process to "prevent malware from installing itself" or "using what happens in one tab to affect what happens in another". Following the principle of least privilege, each process is stripped of its rights and can compute but can not write files or read from sensitive areas (e.g. documents, desktop)—this is similar to "Protected Mode" that is used by Internet Explorer 7 on Windows Vista. The Sandbox Team is said to have "taken this existing process boundary and made it into a jail";[11] for example malicious software running in one tab is unable to sniff credit card numbers, interact with the mouse or tell "Windows to run an executable on start-up" and will be terminated when the tab is closed. This enforces a simple computer security model whereby there are two levels of multilevel security (user and sandbox) and the sandbox can only respond to communication requests initiated by the user.[9]

Plugins such as Adobe Flash Player are typically not standardised and as such cannot be sandboxed like tabs. These often need to run at or above the security level of the browser itself. To reduce exposure to attack, plugins are run in separate processes that communicate with the renderer, itself operating at "very low privileges" in dedicated per-tab processes. Plugins will need to be modified to operate within this software architecture while following the principle of least privilege.[9]

Chrome supports the Netscape Plugin Application Programming Interface (NPAPI),[12][13] but does not support the embedding of ActiveX controls.[13] Also, Chrome does not have an extension system such as Mozilla-compatible *.xpi cross-platform extension architecture[14] and thus XPI-based extensions such as AdBlock and GreaseMonkey can not be adapted to Chrome.[15]

Speed

The Javascript virtual machine was considered a sufficiently important project to be split off (like Adobe/Mozilla's Tamarin) and handled by a separate team in Denmark. Existing implementations were designed "for small programs, where the performance and interactivity of the system weren't that important" but web applications like Gmail "are using the web browser to the fullest when it comes to DOM manipulations and Javascript". The resulting V8 JavaScript engine has features such as hidden class transitions, dynamic code generation, and precise garbage collection.[9] Tests by Google show that V8 is about twice as fast as Firefox 3 and the Safari 4 beta.[16]

Several websites have performed benchmark tests using the Sunspider JavaScript Benchmark tool as well as Google's own set of computationally intense benchmarks, which includes ray tracing and constraint solving.[17] They unanimously report that it performs much faster than all competitors, including Safari, Firefox 3, Internet Explorer 7 and Internet Explorer 8.[18][19][20][21] While Opera has not been compared to Chrome yet, in previous tests, it has been shown to perform a bit slower than Firefox 3, which in turn is slower than Chrome.[22][23] Another blog post by a Mozilla developer comparing the Javascript engines in Firefox 3.1 & Chrome using the Sunspider test results states that some tests are faster in one engine and some are faster in the other.[24]

Well read more info in wiki

my comments are , this is good about the speed  beacuse of the low consume of ram BUT it dosnt have nothing has the ad block.. (we just have to w8) also there is others things that this dosnt have [Remember this is abeta]

I dont recomend it just by the fact that is it a beta and has evry beta needs a lot of work to work better... tell me what u think if u have alredy dowload it

Something fun , if u put :% in address bar it crash jajaja

http://www.google.com/chrome <- Not warez xD

And who fast now Opera or Chrome?

Chrome is as client of Google os

chrome is fastest (at least that is what i read) they say that it double 2 times firefox speed . . .

we will se when this is not a beta also it need many things for it self.. i preffer keep using firefox 2.0 ;D for a good time and in 3 months? give it a try

[Edit finnaly i find it god damm it]

FF3: 75fps

Chrome: 230fps

Opera: 13fps

IE7: 43fps

Safari: 63fps

xD to compare ^^

Google Chrome Is Faster , Reliable , Safe , Nice And Simplier !!

Download Chrome Now :

Greece : http://www.google.gr/chrome/thankyou.html?statcb=

English : http://www.google.com/chrome/thankyou.html?statcb=

Russian : http://www.google.ru/chrome/thankyou.html?statcb=

Poland : http://www.google.pl/chrome/thankyou.html?statcb=

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Just Download it !! Don't Ask !! I don't Adveritse ! I RECOMMEND

• 3 months later...