New Skill

caganitas

Question

hi guys, i tried to add a new skill that would cancel all buffs from an npc buffer.

When the skill is called from the npc buffer menu it does nothing, if i use other skill like might/shield it casts it.

If i set my char to have the skill i can use it on my self and others anywhere so i dont get what im doing wrong.

Using advext64

skill_pch2:
1511653399 900 0 0 1 450 -1 -1 0 0 1 -2 -12345

skill_pch:

[s_cancelall]    =    1511653399

skilldata:
skill_begin    skill_name = [s_cancelall]    /* [ ] */    skill_id = 23067    level = 1    operate_type = A1    magic_level = 80    self_effect = {}    effect = {{i_dispel_by_category;slot_buff;100;25}}    is_magic = 1    mp_consume1 = 2    mp_consume2 = 7    cast_range = 900    effective_range = 1100    skill_hit_time = 0    skill_cool_time = 0    skill_hit_cancel_time = 0    reuse_delay = 0    attribute = {attr_none;0}    trait = {trait_none}    effect_point = 0    target_type = target    affect_scope = single    affect_limit = {0;0}    next_action = none    ride_state = {@ride_none;@ride_strider;@ride_wyvern;@ride_wolf}    multi_class = 0    skill_end

thank you in advance!

Edited by caganitas

9 answers to this question

hi guys, i tried to add a new skill that would cancel all buffs from an npc buffer.

When the skill is called from the npc buffer menu it does nothing, if i use other skill like might/shield it casts it.

If i set my char to have the skill i can use it on my self and others anywhere so i dont get what im doing wrong.

Using advext64

npc_pch2:

1511653399 900 0 0 1 450 -1 -1 0 0 1 -2 -12345

npc_pch:

[s_cancelall]    =    1511653399

skilldata:

skill_begin    skill_name = [s_cancelall]    /* [ ] */    skill_id = 23067    level = 1    operate_type = A1    magic_level = 80    self_effect = {}    effect = {{i_dispel_by_category;slot_buff;100;25}}    is_magic = 1    mp_consume1 = 2    mp_consume2 = 7    cast_range = 900    effective_range = 1100    skill_hit_time = 0    skill_cool_time = 0    skill_hit_cancel_time = 0    reuse_delay = 0    attribute = {attr_none;0}    trait = {trait_none}    effect_point = 0    target_type = target    affect_scope = single    affect_limit = {0;0}    next_action = none    ride_state = {@ride_none;@ride_strider;@ride_wyvern;@ride_wolf}    multi_class = 0    skill_end

thank you in advance!

What is your skill doing in npc_pch ? Oo  Beside , how do you call it ? ON l2server console u don't get any error on skills?

Edited by xeL

What is your skill doing in npc_pch ? Oo  Beside , how do you call it ? ON l2server console u don't get any error on skills?

Brain fart i mean skill_pch and pch2 sorry :D no errors displayed in l2server

how exactly did you arrive at the PCH number?

It doesn't match 16bit or 8bit PCH.

....how are you activating skill?

Sorry mcbigmac im kind of new at this, i though the PCH id is an id picked by me that had to be unique and the skill name would connect it to the skilldata, could you enlighten me on the correct usage, whats the relationship between both pch id and skilldata id? maybe that is why its not working properly, i did not understand proper the way it works. thanks for your help!

Edited by caganitas

Sorry mcbigmac im kind of new at this, i though the PCH id is an id picked by me that had to be unique and the skill name would connect it to the skilldata, could you enlighten me on the correct usage, whats the relationship between both pch id and skilldata id? maybe that is why its not working properly, i did not understand proper the way it works. thanks for your help!

If you want the easy method, use xel's gmpanel to create the pchs

Yeap mcbigmac got it right this noob was doing the skill_pch wrong.

Im not using tools atm as i want to learn how things work and make mistakes like this, but thank u! :)
What about item_pch and npc_pch any special logic for those? i'd say for items its same as itemdata and for npcs its 100000+skill_id but i could again gotten the pattern wrong :P

just confirm this and you can lock this topic!

It is working now, thank you guys!!!!!