L2 Classic Private?

These last couple weeks while messing around with the Korean Ertheia client (of course, Tenkai/ServersRain will always be the first one getting client support for the latest updates), I found out that this client is at the same time L2 Classic client.

For those who wonder what the hell is L2 Classic: http://www.mmocast.com/lineage-2-ncsoft-open-classic-server/

So I wondered... wouldn't it rock if we ran a L2 Classic server?

The features of that custom server would be:

- Max lvl: 60 (the top gear would be B-grade)

- Pretty slow pace (1x-5x rates)

- Very limited map (no Aden, no Goddard, no ToI, no Innadril, no Antharas' Lair... and of course no Hellbound nor Gracia)

- No Kamaels!!! (nor Ertheias, of course)

- Almost everything has to be crafted. Remember these times in which you had to craft even for D grade?

- Class transfers are done through quests. (and there's no 3rd class transfer)

- Ertheia client's graphics and layout.

- Some cool utility features from GoD such as the Clan Entry.

- 4 castles ready to be sieged.

- Deadly death penalty, with a considerable amount of exp loss and item loot chance (even bigger if you're on karma)

- Cosmetic-only donations.

I have Ertheia client support already, and I can make a classic server and kill some skeletons at elven ruins too. What would be missing are the old quests, npc spawns, drops and shops, but there's plenty of that old data in the internet and it would be just matter of spending time adapting all the data and making the Servers Rain platform configurable for classic/ertheia.

So what do you think? Is the thing worth trying? I'm pretty motivated, but I don't want to waste my time on a server that only 5 people will play ^^

If you have any suggestions, go ahead too!

Edited by Pere

It is the same client, only .dats some are different.

Download the korean client and see.

For numerous reasons, no, this won't work. Forgive me, but I believe this will probably end up another being shitty l2j server.

It is the same client, only .dats some are different. Download the korean client and see. For numerous reasons, no, this won't work. Forgive me, but I believe this will probably end up another being shitty l2j server.

I know how it works, I made it work already.

And here I'm not asking if it'd work nor for any kind of technical advice. I'm the main developer of the only Valiance servers, and we're more than 3 years of intensive work away from l2j. Everyone knows Tenkai and that if it's not as successful as it could it's because of a bad marketing and economy, not because of bugs nor other kinds of craps.

This post is to know how many people would be interested on playing a classic server. Pre-assume that everything will work fine, these negative suppositions at the moment are just trash talk.

Edited by Pere

I know how it works, I made it work already.

And here I'm not asking if it'd work nor for any kind of technical advice. I'm the main developer of the only Valiance servers, and we're more than 3 years of intensive work away from l2j. Everyone knows Tenkai and that if it's not as successful as it could it's because of a bad marketing and economy, not because of bugs nor other kinds of craps.

This post is to know how many people would be interested on playing a classic server. Pre-assume that everything will work fine, these negative suppositions at the moment are just trash talk.

You say that you found out the Ertheia client is the same as the client for the server. Wow. You are good. This info has been said hundreds of times, and if you didn't dl the korean client you wouldn't even know that, as the US one doesn't have classic .dats.

You don't have server-side files, only your l2j guess-work that still fails at basic stuff.

You can't even control the client totally like NCSoft to do such a thing. There is no difference between using this thing you call "L2-Classic" and any other client and have those settings. This is simply a god client and has always been, the only difference is that ncsoft decided to make another set of .dats for a 2nd ruleset.

There is NOTHING different on this client to make it worthy of a "classic server" title now. It has the same files that every GoD update had, you are just hyped NCSoft called it "Classic" and changed the ruleset and wanna call your server "Classic" too.

NCSoft can do that as they have all the files to do it - for a private server, this is just marketing. Calling a GoD+ update (or any other client, you could use GF/C4 leaks and change scripts/extend it to be "classic") as classic has always been possible, just use old rulesets/items, however, it seems no one has had this idea of using a new client and old server-rules before NCSoft and now we need to keep reading every week on "uber l2j developer who is awesome and wants our opinion". To run an "older ruleset" in a new client.

Also, when you present your ideas, you should be open to criticism and not expect people to assume everything will work fine. Based on what? If I'm going to play on a server, I want to be sure of how well it runs. Why would anyone commit their time to a server like this? There are far better L2OFF C4 servers that run as "classic" and could have their scripts changed to be "C1 like" or whatever you want. Again, you are just using a newer client with the same old code. I wonder why now only in Ertheia and not before? Run this on your Valiance, this will be the same, as every new item/model won't be used anyway.

Also, as I've actually played there and I'm not not just guessing stuff, it's pretty clear that their formulas are somewhat-changed and if you couldn't get the basics from L2OFF on L2J with all those leaks and all those years, what makes anyone think you will get that now based on nothing and with the server running - for now - only in Korea?

The Ertheia client has nothing special to make it The One Classic Server, it just happens to be the one live when NCSoft decided to do this and instead of making people download 2 clients, they gave us 2 sets of .dats. -retty smart move.

So no, this is shitty. At the end of the day, you are still just emulating and guess-working how the basics work.

There's no way to emulate anything behind GoD in a post-GoD client. If you didn't notice, lots of the old materials have different names and icons. Lots of gear and skills too. And what about the little bunch of rocks that fell over Talking Island making it unrecognizable? Or the cute poisonous holes that are now occupying the place of what in the past were dwarfes' homes. Or the inventory slots for brooches, or the subclass selection buttons? The GoD client without classic option is full of stuff that can't apply to a C1 server.

Furthermore, "Classic" is not C1, because at C1 Aden and all its territories existed already.

And when you talk about our servers like talking about l2j... it looks a lot like you didn't even check them out. Our servers lack a lot of data from GoD: quests, crystallization routes, NPC dialogs, etc. But that's because we've never paid for access to leaked GoD files. But C1? That's why I'm motivated, because this time I wouldn't have to guess anything. All the data is there since tons of years ago and everything could work smoothly without your so-called guesses nor missing data ^^

Sorry if I sounded hostile; after having seen how someone said something like "X is a shit, full of bugs and nothing works but Y is the best GoD private I played" being both X and Y under the same files, I don't take too seriously this community's negative speech.

Edited by Pere

There's no way to emulate anything behind GoD in a post-GoD client. If you didn't notice, lots of the old materials have different names and icons. Lots of gear and skills too. And what about the little bunch of rocks that fell over Talking Island making it unrecognizable? Or the cute poisonous holes that are now occupying the place of what in the past were dwarfes' homes. Or the inventory slots for brooches, or the subclass selection buttons? The GoD client without classic option is full of stuff that can't apply to a C1 server.

Furthermore, "Classic" is not C1, because at C1 Aden and all its territories existed already.

And when you talk about our servers like talking about l2j... it looks a lot like you didn't even check them out. Our servers lack a lot of data from GoD: quests, crystallization routes, NPC dialogs, etc. But that's because we've never paid for access to leaked GoD files. But C1? That's why I'm motivated, because this time I wouldn't have to guess anything. All the data is there since tons of years ago and everything could work smoothly without your so-called guesses nor missing data ^^

Sorry if I sounded hostile; after having seen how someone said something like "X is a shit, full of bugs and nothing works but Y is the best GoD private I played" being both X and Y under the same files, I don't take too seriously this community's negative speech.

Nvm this, no point in arguing with you as you didn't understand even the Pre-GoD concept and I cba to elaborate more.

edit: Just a reminder: the korean client has 2 sets of maps for the things that were modified, like TI - the US version doesn't. So no, they don't use those GoD maps that you have mentioned but the older ones. The game doesn't even have the whole c2 lands atm - hence the conclusion of Pre-God remains correct.

Good luck with the server if you decide to make it.

Edited by ericvini

I have a korean account since its GoD beta and now it's the first time I can see myself in Einhovant's school (pre-god human starting place). Please, stop talking about stuff you don't know crap about just to look like the topic's smartass. It looks like you never logged in a korean server, it looks like you never logged in one of our servers and it looks like you don't know anything of what it takes to develop a l2 server (to develop, not to host). But still, you keep talking! What for? Is that a topic about who knows more? No, I created that topic just to know people's opinions about the possibility of a L2 Classic private server, not about how capable we are to deliver a good server or how knowledgeable is ericvini.

None of the servers I ran has closed with less than 3 years online. How can you be discussing about that while randoms are throwing up plain l2j interlude/gracia/high five servers and succeeding (and a couple months after that disappearing)?

My software, apart from the official and its possible leaks, is the only one with full support for Valiance. And now Ertheia/Classic. Look for any private Valiance server not under ServersRain nor Tenkai and then keep talking about guarantees.

Anyways, it looks like this community has suffered too many disappointments by random server admins. Sorry for wasting your and my time.

Edited by Pere

• 3 months later...

For it to work you have to be there before NCsoft.

Evaluate your situation - you will never achieve the quality that NCsoft can simply because they have everything to make it happen tomorrow. Probably as easy as flicking a switch for NCsoft. 

You need to write a whole buttload of shit. 

Assuming hypothetically that you do get there first, I imagine there will be people who will, as always, play the NASCAR game - commit and invest enough time to get to the top before everyone else. Those people will stay for a long time, unless the server ends up with nothing to do. The rest will measure the difficulty of getting to a level where they can compete VS older players, against the quality of your work and the opportunity to start all over from scratch on NCsoft servers. This is NOT a threshold problem - people have different standards, so some will leave some won't. Maybe an analytical model will tell you exactly how many, but fk that. If people leave its bad no matter how many. Your problem here is that NCsoft is F2P as well. 

Basically you have few bargaining chips. Your only novelty is getting there first, before NCwest.

Not a full prediction, but quite qualitative. 

My completely controversial advice? NCsoft are hitting the right spot, but they have no clue that they are. If they did, they would have done this ages ago. Matter of fact is NCsoft is simply trying to go back in time and hope for the best.

Instead, you should reroute your efforts into doing something that no one else will. You are already set on a path on doing something unordinary. Like yourself said that if dumb random with interlude serbers are surviving months, you have the opportunity to get away with something even crazier. Go back to basics and make any and all changes necessary - client mod, asset deletion, whatever. There is a lot of rubbish in L2. Clean it up. I am setting up on justifying a custom server. You already want a completely arbitrary client. Why stop there? NCSoft will do what please Korea. West players will follow because their only choice is to follow, or quit. You are in the position to give them choice. A game that makes more sense.

Edited by Epiquin

• 3 weeks later...

I would love for an original L2 classic server. Yes crafting and grinding to the max.

The only thing i would want excluded was the class change quest.

Edited by Benrith

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• POWERFUL BLACK MAGIC LOVE SPELL CASTERS SPIRITUAL VOODOO SPELLS CASTER uk usa ,Italy, JaMAICA South Africa,UK,USA Gauteng, Germiston, Glenanda, Sandton, Soweto, Tembisa, Heidelberg, Jeffreys Bay, Johannesburg RANDBURG Virginia Indiana Kentucky Missouri Georgia North Carolina Kentucky Ohio Alabama Nevada Oklahoma Colorado New Mexico Minnesota Louisiana Kansas Colorado North Carolina Michigan Oregon South Carolina Nebraska Arkansas Florida Utah Mississippi Indiana Arizona South Carolina Texas California Louisiana New Mexico Oklahoma Washington Missouri Maryland Iowa Idaho Maine +27630699577 DEATH SPELL / REVENGE SPELLS CASTER IN U.S.A U.K, SWITZERLAND,AMERICA,ENGLAND, CANADA. INSTANT DEATH SPELLS TO KILL ENEMIES ,Effective True Love Spells Caster, Bring Back Lost Love Spells, Voodoo Spells Caster To Stop Cheating, Black Magic Spell Caster, Death & Revenge Spells In Australia, USA, UK, Canada, Mauritius. Bring Back Lost Love Spell Caster in Tasmania Victoria West Norway Hull London Powerful Spiritual Traditional Herbalist Healer experienced in Ancestral healing and spell casting, Astrologers, African Medicines, Ritualism, Herbalist healers, Spiritual healers, Native healer, Philosophy, Traditional healers, Herbal remedies, holistic healing based in Johannesburg, Pretoria Sandton, Midrand, Centurion, South Africa. Dubai – Dubai, Abu Dhabi-AbuDhabi, Sharjah-Sharjah, Al Ain-Abu Dhabi, Ajman-Ajman, Al Gharbia-Abu Dhabi, Ras Al Khaimah-Ras al Khaimah, Fujairah-Fujairah, Dibba-Fujairah, Um AlQuwain-Um Al Quwain New York -New York, Los Angeles California, Phoenix Arizona Chicago Illinois, Houston-Texas – Philadelphia Pennsylvania -San Antonio Texas -San Diego, Ecuador, Egypt, Eritrea, Estonia, Ethiopia, Finland, Fiji, France, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, south Australia. Black magic lottery spells caster in Germany, Ghana, Greece, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras Approved Lottery and Money spells that work fast in Netherlands, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea- Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras Most Powerful Spell Caster in the world, Hong, Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan Psychic Lottery Spells in Canada, Hong, Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan +27630699577 Same day Lottery Spells and Money Spells in Hong, Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq , Ethiopia, Fiji, Finland, France, Gabon, Gambia, The Georgia, Germany, Mauritius, Greece, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti Love Spells To Make Him Or Her Come Back Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea- Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Holy See, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia Bring Back Lost Love Spells 24 Hours Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Holy See, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia 100% Black magic Spells | Stop Divorce spell in Kansas, Colombia, Greater Poland, Ireland, Vienna, Salzburg, Syria. Candle Love Spells That Work Fast Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Holy See, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia World Love Spells Casters In South Africa, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica , Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Korea, North, South, Kosovo, Kuwait. Best Love Spells In Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Korea. +27630699577 Most Effective True Love Spells Caster, Bring Back Lost Love Spells, Voodoo Spells Caster To Stop Cheating, Black Magic Spell Caster, Death & Revenge Spells In Singapore, Norway, Ecuador, France, Greece, Honduras, Ireland, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Israel, Poland, Jordan, Colombia, Luxembourg, Switzerland, United Arab Emirates, Brunei, San Marino, Denmark, Netherlands, Malta, Spain, Cyprus, Slovenia, Lithuania, Malaysia, Estonia , Croatia, Belgium, Austria, Germany, Australia, Sweden, New Zealand, Canada, Indonesia, Seychelles, Bahamas, Panama, Finland, England, London, Namibia, Wales, Scotland Call or whatsapp : Baba Joseph Whatsapp; +27630699577 Email; babajoseph467@gmail.com
    • POWERFUL BLACK MAGIC LOVE SPELL CASTERS SPIRITUAL VOODOO SPELLS CASTER uk usa ,Italy, JaMAICA South Africa,UK,USA Gauteng, Germiston, Glenanda, Sandton, Soweto, Tembisa, Heidelberg, Jeffreys Bay, Johannesburg RANDBURG Virginia Indiana Kentucky Missouri Georgia North Carolina Kentucky Ohio Alabama Nevada Oklahoma Colorado New Mexico Minnesota Louisiana Kansas Colorado North Carolina Michigan Oregon South Carolina Nebraska Arkansas Florida Utah Mississippi Indiana Arizona South Carolina Texas California Louisiana New Mexico Oklahoma Washington Missouri Maryland Iowa Idaho Maine +27630699577 DEATH SPELL / REVENGE SPELLS CASTER IN U.S.A U.K, SWITZERLAND,AMERICA,ENGLAND, CANADA. INSTANT DEATH SPELLS TO KILL ENEMIES ,Effective True Love Spells Caster, Bring Back Lost Love Spells, Voodoo Spells Caster To Stop Cheating, Black Magic Spell Caster, Death & Revenge Spells In Australia, USA, UK, Canada, Mauritius. Bring Back Lost Love Spell Caster in Tasmania Victoria West Norway Hull London Powerful Spiritual Traditional Herbalist Healer experienced in Ancestral healing and spell casting, Astrologers, African Medicines, Ritualism, Herbalist healers, Spiritual healers, Native healer, Philosophy, Traditional healers, Herbal remedies, holistic healing based in Johannesburg, Pretoria Sandton, Midrand, Centurion, South Africa. Dubai – Dubai, Abu Dhabi-AbuDhabi, Sharjah-Sharjah, Al Ain-Abu Dhabi, Ajman-Ajman, Al Gharbia-Abu Dhabi, Ras Al Khaimah-Ras al Khaimah, Fujairah-Fujairah, Dibba-Fujairah, Um AlQuwain-Um Al Quwain New York -New York, Los Angeles California, Phoenix Arizona Chicago Illinois, Houston-Texas – Philadelphia Pennsylvania -San Antonio Texas -San Diego, Ecuador, Egypt, Eritrea, Estonia, Ethiopia, Finland, Fiji, France, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, south Australia. Black magic lottery spells caster in Germany, Ghana, Greece, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras Approved Lottery and Money spells that work fast in Netherlands, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea- Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras Most Powerful Spell Caster in the world, Hong, Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan Psychic Lottery Spells in Canada, Hong, Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan +27630699577 Same day Lottery Spells and Money Spells in Hong, Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq , Ethiopia, Fiji, Finland, France, Gabon, Gambia, The Georgia, Germany, Mauritius, Greece, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti Love Spells To Make Him Or Her Come Back Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea- Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Holy See, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia Bring Back Lost Love Spells 24 Hours Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Holy See, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia 100% Black magic Spells | Stop Divorce spell in Kansas, Colombia, Greater Poland, Ireland, Vienna, Salzburg, Syria. Candle Love Spells That Work Fast Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Holy See, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia World Love Spells Casters In South Africa, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica , Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Korea, North, South, Kosovo, Kuwait. Best Love Spells In Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Korea. +27630699577 Most Effective True Love Spells Caster, Bring Back Lost Love Spells, Voodoo Spells Caster To Stop Cheating, Black Magic Spell Caster, Death & Revenge Spells In Singapore, Norway, Ecuador, France, Greece, Honduras, Ireland, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Israel, Poland, Jordan, Colombia, Luxembourg, Switzerland, United Arab Emirates, Brunei, San Marino, Denmark, Netherlands, Malta, Spain, Cyprus, Slovenia, Lithuania, Malaysia, Estonia , Croatia, Belgium, Austria, Germany, Australia, Sweden, New Zealand, Canada, Indonesia, Seychelles, Bahamas, Panama, Finland, England, London, Namibia, Wales, Scotland Call or whatsapp : Baba Joseph Whatsapp; +27630699577 Email; babajoseph467@gmail.com
  • Topics