Cached Info

Hello,

Since a period I work on the L2OFF GM Panel and many people told me to add option for cached packets send for my application to not restart every time the server after they make a modification. OK , for that I need your help  for make me understand 100% how cached works for database modification and I need some information from you. So please , if you want to help me , fell free to post all you know about chaced propierties .

App: http://www.maxcheaters.com/forums/index.php?/topic/168444-l2off-gm-panel-v15-new/

Thank you in advance!

Best Regards

Edited by xeL

Cached works with L2Server in the shared memory about shared memory read THIS, as it name says, its a cache for better understanding read THIS it will give you some idea about it.
So mostly the CacheD stores the data for future use for the L2Server, and acts like a bridge between L2Server and SQL Server, executing all the queries and stored procedures. So when you send a packet directly to the CacheD is made available in-game, opposed to when you write it directly inside the database which doesn't make it available in-game cause the CacheD didn't loaded it in memory.

Also there is an old C4 dupe if i remember that occurs here due to a duplicated stack of items, one from CacheD and other from L2Server but that is a different story.

About formats of the packets, you can find them in the CacheD functions, i will check in my cloud and see if i can find a library that will work for you.

P.S: Mac correct me if im wrong, confused or missed something :P

Edited by Sighed

Thank you Sighed very much. I notice that is a bridge between l2server and database but i didn't knew how directly works. :) . If you can find that library will be very usefull. Thank you for help again. I apriciate.

Edited by xeL

Any changes can only be made to a character that is offline.

So often - you select directly in DB by char_name, get char_id and use it kickuser and then use one of the modify packets.

In one of your threads, i pastebinned the formats for all availeble packets in c4\gf.

(There's more in GF, but they're mostly the same).

Any changes can only be made to a character that is offline.

So often - you select directly in DB by char_name, get char_id and use it kickuser and then use one of the modify packets.

In one of your threads, i pastebinned the formats for all availeble packets in c4\gf.

(There's more in GF, but they're mostly the same).

Seems I didn't sow it on my post last time. Thank you for it mcbigmac for it.   http://www.maxcheaters.com/forum/index.php?/topic/168410-l2off-database-modification-without-restart-server/

I Found it, here is the paste, im not sure but these packets also should work with GF, i might make a separate one for GF when i will have some time. Anyway here you go, its pretty easy to understand.

http://pastebin.com/faREHjDj

• 1 year later...