youpe

L2Off server with dynamic IP  

4 members have voted

1. 1. L2Off server with dynamic IP

• use dyn dns
    • another way

Question

Hi,

Is it possible to host a L2Off server with a dynamic IP ? Because in the database you have to put your WAN IP which we will change for exemple every day.

I have a dyn dns, but the adresse is a string exemple : dyndns.mydyndns.com so would it work in the database ?

Thanks

12 answers to this question

Test it and see.

I highly doubt it however - as i believe the IP is sent from auth as a DWORD not as a string.

I'm not sure.

Now that i think about it more - the field in the DB that hAuthD \ Official Auth Servers use are also INT if i remember.

So you'd both need to code support for string\char in auth and have client be able to interpret\receive a string and fetch an IP.

Test it and see.

I highly doubt it however - as i believe the IP is sent from auth as a DWORD not as a string.

I'm not sure.

Now that i think about it more - the field in the DB that hAuthD \ Official Auth Servers use are also INT if i remember.

So you'd both need to code support for string\char in auth and have client be able to interpret\receive a string and fetch an IP.

Hi,

Is it possible to host a L2Off server with a dynamic IP ? Because in the database you have to put your WAN IP which we will change for exemple every day.

I have a dyn dns, but the adresse is a string exemple : dyndns.mydyndns.com so would it work in the database ?

Thanks

Yes it works just put you dyn dns in in IP column at lin2db and table dbo.server . Start l2auth or hauth and done.

Thanks for the answer I will check the DB type but if I need to code where would it be ? in the BD ?

Xel are you sure it works for official C4 server ? if yes it's really nice

Geuss i remember wrong - however if it's hostname and auth resolves it to an ip before sending to client

theres no issue either.

Does it work both with AuthD or hAuthD?

Thanks for the answer I will check the DB type but if I need to code where would it be ? in the BD ?

Xel are you sure it works for official C4 server ? if yes it's really nice

I tested on c6 only.

Geuss i remember wrong - however if it's hostname and auth resolves it to an ip before sending to client

theres no issue either.

Does it work both with AuthD or hAuthD?

yes

Well withou having the files here at work - it's because hAuthD translates the hostname into a resolved IP before sending to client.

As the packet server-list - sends DWORD\4x BYTE\CHAR for the ip of each server.

So if you wish to do this - use hAuthD and your done :)

Ok thanks a lot for the help ! and if you have time can you check the original auth ? :D because I am waiting on my server to be delivered :s

Ok trying into a virtual box because I can't wait lol !

Well withou having the files here at work - it's because hAuthD translates the hostname into a resolved IP before sending to client.

As the packet server-list - sends DWORD\4x BYTE\CHAR for the ip of each server.

So if you wish to do this - use hAuthD and your done :)

true

authD will fail, atleast most of them i think.

Due to the expectations in code to be able to respond to inet_addr() winsock functions.

atleast from my quick peak @ authd.

It's cool that hint wrote support for it tho - but it'd be interesting to know if you can exceed 15 chars on authd for a domain or not.

Since that will cripple you.

Yes that's true it's a var char(15) lol

Anyway my server is up on my virtual machine but do you have a guide somewhere for L2walker on C4 server untouched because I have only a linux machine available so no way to launch the game and I want to try to connect client on my server

In the logs I have error like : read from pc_parameter.txt failed and that for a lot of file

and ObjectDB error too :)

Ok the error are gone just a few remaining about skills