L2Off Running Question

alexutzu99

Question

I am wondering if it's possible to install, and run at least for test purpose a L2OFF pack on a VMware machine which is running on my personal PC/laptop. Anyone tried? Thank you, and waiting for a reply.

Edited by Universe

11 answers to this question

Assuming VMVare doesn't break some old instruction translation - and memory handling.

If you have the memory\cpu horsepower for it - just test it.

But if you have enough power - why use VMWare for it? waste of overhead just install it locally.

I do.

Well, the thing is I also want to run the client if it can. And why it should not, because I do have a powerful machine, just need the necessary programs to make it run the pack, and client. As I said, i want this only for test purpose / learn it, understand it, so i'm no in need of high performance of the pack.

Well, the thing is I also want to run the client if it can. And why it should not, because I do have a powerful machine, just need the necessary programs to make it run the pack, and client. As I said, i want this only for test purpose / learn it, understand it, so i'm no in need of high performance of the pack.

Again - why are you trying to add a complex overhead of VMWare - when there's no need to?

Drop it.

There's no reason to actually run it.

I agree with "le bigmac". Since you are worried about your processing power, why do you even bother thinking about VMWare? Just run L2OFF server on your main PC/OS.

Regards,

Tomoya of L2Sublimity

You miss understand it. I dont lack of processor power. I do have what it takes to run it on VMWare. What am I lacking is a second machine to run the client. I want to run the L2OFF pack on the same machine as the client, only for test purposes, learn it , other stuff. My main problem is making L2OFF work with VMWare so i can play from my OS, or make L2 Client work with windows server 2003. Are any of these matters possible?

Thank you.

You miss understand it. I dont lack of processor power. I do have what it takes to run it on VMWare. What am I lacking is a second machine to run the client. I want to run the L2OFF pack on the same machine as the client, only for test purposes, learn it , other stuff. My main problem is making L2OFF work with VMWare so i can play from my OS, or make L2 Client work with windows server 2003. Are any of these matters possible?

Thank you.

So do that.

Why do you need a second OS?

start l2server daemons, start client set 127.0.0.1, done.

You can use one OS for client+server, there won't be any problems with that.

Anyways, you can set up L2OFF server on Windows 7/8, so there is no need of use Windows Server 2003.

Regards,

Tomoya of L2Sublimity

You can use one OS for client+server, there won't be any problems with that.

Anyways, you can set up L2OFF server on Windows 7/8, so there is no need of use Windows Server 2003.

Regards,

Tomoya of L2Sublimity

Not on native C4 without the nopping of a bad call too free() on a memclearobject.

Most Exts should have that patched - but if your running clean native c4 with amped solo, youll need to nop it or hex it or something.

I am wondering if it's possible to install, and run at least for test purpose a L2OFF pack on a VMware machine which is running on my personal PC/laptop. Anyone tried? Thank you, and waiting for a reply.

Lets answer your question, yes you can, i used VMWare vShpere or Workstation, doesn't matter, it works.

how can I connect from my main OS to the VM? IP is not the "external" but the IP of the machine, the virtual machine and the core OS? this case would work in LAN?

Thx

Edited by daniivo

how can I connect from my main OS to the VM? IP is not the "external" but the IP of the machine, the virtual machine and the core OS? this case would work in LAN?

Thx

It should be lan, yes.