Regarding Lineage II Fun old times

Hello people, I thought a lot about making this thread because I'd like to know the objective opinion of Lineage II players (mostly oldschool players).

I've been away from Lineage II for quite a long time already ( approx 2 years + ). Before getting inactive on it, I remember myself to enjoy playing it a lot. I've also tried to play this game several times again, but seems like my interest is lost.

Also, Whenever I remember about the old good times I spent on this game playing it with my friends and/or when I was waiting to play it as soon as possible gives me the feeling of Nostalgia(Which makes me to hate & love this emotion at the same time). Now, I've tried to play this game quite a few times already as I mentioned above, but there's nothing that holds and/or makes me feel like I used to.

Well, lets get to the point quicker which is: Has Lineage II changed? Or We've grown up enough? So, We're not giving much attention to it anymore?

I'd actually be really glad to have those fun times back, although I know that's not possible. :)

Thanks for taking the time to read my topic -  I'd actually appreciate it if you reply on it (if you've been through the same).

Regards,

CertonC

Hello dude, welcome back. My opinion is, that lineage's quality has been lost. Only this, there is no server with a few of quality.

Before few days, I joined in 2 interlude servers and I logged out in seconds. I am searching a quality server to play, but who knows where it is.

I want to ask you something, you will be interested of developing a server? You have any knowledge?

Hello dude, welcome back. My opinion is, that lineage's quality has been lost. Only this, there is no server with a few of quality.

Before few days, I joined in 2 interlude servers and I logged out in seconds. I am searching a quality server to play, but who knows where it is.

I want to ask you something, you will be interested of developing a server? You have any knowledge?

Thanks a lot! Though I'm still confused concerning if the game has changed and/or there are no "good" servers anymore.

Besides that, I have no knowledge regarding "Java" or any other programming language.

Thanks a lot! Though I'm still confused concerning if the game has changed and/or there are no "good" servers anymore.

Besides that, I have no knowledge regarding "Java" or any other programming language.

If someone would invite you to join a server project, you will accept?

Probably if now you would join in a server with the same features as your first server you won't enjoy it as much as you enjoyed your first one.

Although, most of the opening servers nowdays are using the same features, can't find anything original in these new servers.

If someone would invite you to join a server project, you will accept?

No, I'm not actually interested about that stuff.

Probably if now you would join in a server with the same features as your first server you won't enjoy it as much as you enjoyed your first one.

Although, most of the opening servers nowdays are using the same features, can't find anything original in these new servers.

Thanks for sharing your opinion :)

P.S: I'd actually love to see more opinions, so please share them here!

• 4 weeks later...

Everyone prefers the oldschool servers.. like when ncsoft first created them.. many people tried to revive them but they couldn't because they didn't know how to properly edit them as they were back then..

When i joined my first high rate server, there weren't yet npc buffers, we used to get buffs from the L2Day scrolls, still the ppl did not complain about that even though it was not "balanced" (?), the fixes were not that good yet and the geodata not existing at all.

Nowdays when a server gets 1sec lag spike ppl use to start screaming on every chat on how bad is that server.

When i joined my first high rate server, there weren't yet npc buffers, we used to get buffs from the L2Day scrolls, still the ppl did not complain about that even though it was not "balanced" (?), the fixes were not that good yet and the geodata not existing at all.

Nowdays when a server gets 1sec lag spike ppl use to start screaming on every chat on how bad is that server.

I remember i used to play a high rate server where there was no npc buffers. Other servers had x4000+ rates and retail like buff times. Kids today cant even imagine playing on a server like that.

• 4 weeks later...

The truth is sad really. I must admit that the Lineage is becoming a dead game.

I believe that the responsible for this are the companies, us and much more.

Also, homemade servers, unqualified developers who promise a lot to the people and in result its nothing.

You rarely see skilled developers.

The truth is sad really. I must admit that the Lineage is becoming a dead game.

I believe that the responsible for this are the companies, us and much more.

Also, homemade servers, unqualified developers who promise a lot to the people and in result its nothing.

You rarely see skilled developers.

Or maybe when you see a new server you set your expecations so high that when you finally join you get disapointed. 90% of people that join a server never read the server info/descritpion/features so when they enter and see something they dont like its instant fail for them.