Delete Char on Death

Magok-Sama

Question

Hello there!

I guess the title  axplains a lot but I will give some extra informations.

I'm trying to create a L2 server using (L2J frozen project) where will hjave the following function: Once a character die (for any reason) he will have 1min to recieve ressurection (going to town won't be available option) if the time pass his character will be DELETED.

If code isn't available I would really  appreciate some guidelines to write my own code I'm kinda familiar with java but i have never worked with the L2j coding and its kinda confusing...

Any help is appriciated,

Thanks in advance! :)   

6 answers to this question

Hello there!

I guess the title  axplains a lot but I will give some extra informations.

I'm trying to create a L2 server using (L2J frozen project) where will hjave the following function: Once a character die (for any reason) he will have 1min to recieve ressurection (going to town won't be available option) if the time pass his character will be DELETED.

If code isn't available I would really  appreciate some guidelines to write my own code I'm kinda familiar with java but i have never worked with the L2j coding and its kinda confusing...

Any help is appriciated,

Thanks in advance! :)   

Totaly bad code.

i will only tell what to do(i think that would work):

Add a sheduled General task in l2pcinstance at doDie() for 60 secons. at the task's run() void add a check of whether the char is alive or dead. if he's still dead, send  him a packet of characterselectionscreen i guess and before sending the packet, run a character deletion void, i don't know how chars are deleted, just look through character deletion packet and you'll find...

Thanks,

for the suggestion I will work on it tonight and if i get it to work i will share the code, i find it pretty intresting for a pvp server where players will take it more seriously :p

Thanks,

for the suggestion I will work on it tonight and if i get it to work i will share the code, i find it pretty intresting for a pvp server where players will take it more seriously :p

Well that would be cool if players would have like 1,000,000,000 life. or something like that.

Well that would be cool if players would have like 1,000,000,000 life. or something like that.

Hmmm not really, with some lowering balance in damage and removing some lethal effects you can get this done!

Bishops would be effective ofc,

still wroking on it btw!