Help on l2 AuthD

caglar

Question

hey guys i had a problem on interlude off server AuthD.exe when start it up it says ""Server load fail!Please check server table or DB connection string""

i did set server in SQL ofc over again and again

9 answers to this question

hey guys i had a problem on interlude off server AuthD.exe when start it up it says ""Server load fail!Please check server table or DB connection string""

i did set server in SQL ofc over again and again

Make sure you make the proper settings in the .ini from your authd folder,

Meaning : SQL adress / user/pass

Make sure you make the proper settings in the .ini from your authd folder,

Meaning : SQL adress / user/pass

Actually he shouldn't do that - because he's using authD -  not hAuthD!

And a super pro like you would know that AuthD isn't string based but ODBC based therefor there are no user\pass configs to SQL.

right?

Or are you just gonna flame back cause your think your pro because you can copy paste AI scripts for people in L2Off ? ;)

@Caglar:

Check your lin2db.dbo.server table and that there's a entry corresponding to your local server.

(Assuming ODBC is done correctly).

Also are you by any chance using the Smeli's c1 packs and using the old connectionstring ways?

Actually he shouldn't do that - because he's using authD -  not hAuthD!

And a super pro like you would know that AuthD isn't string based but ODBC based therefor there are no user\pass configs to SQL.

right?

Or are you just gonna flame back cause your think your pro because you can copy paste AI scripts for people in L2Off ? ;)

Such a arrogant kid, i thought he is using hAuthD therefore i replied to that specific need.

My bad didnt read proper.

Stop being such a bitch, you dont know shit about l2off, should i remember the time when someone hired you to do some L2OFF stuff and you didnt knew how to set max lvl ? Please... if you know half of the shit i knew your fuzzy little brain would explode.

I did alot of times .dsn files and they are correct i believe also in server table i did type the details Btw Yesterday night i did download a pack of interlude from here with hAuth and more stuffs i didnt saw before in it :) Win 7 64x im using on my pc  Sql 2005 studio express .vanganath the pack name i did check also l2service but couldnt see any guide on this pack ? so i can do it w/o mistakes ? thnx for replys

Such a arrogant kid, i thought he is using hAuthD therefore i replied to that specific need.

My bad didnt read proper.

Stop being such a bitch, you dont know shit about l2off, should i remember the time when someone hired you to do some L2OFF stuff and you didnt knew how to set max lvl ? Please... if you know half of the shit i knew your fuzzy little brain would explode.

How can someone that can't read - do anything on L2Off ? ;)

No one hired me to do anything with max level - but feel free to sound like a desperate 15 year old MXC kid....again.

Also i would like to hire you to make 24 buffslots on C4 for me - lets go!

When will you finish?

@calgar:

Well considering the error AuthD is throwing that's its failing to read any entries in dbo.server and your 100% SURE there is an entry.

your ODBC might be failing because of 32bit vs 64bit (cacheD\authD c4 is a 32bit programt).

so:

To setup an ODBC link for 32bit application you must use

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe

(Using ODBC from control\search will start the 64bit syswow64 path application).

remake and make sure they're in the default path for old xp\2003 kernels.

and not in "documents" folders for newer kernels.

Problem is first time AuthD\CacheD start they ask for ODBC and user\pass - and then save the info in the registry.

So if you've run authD\CacheD before it will use the old values from the first time in the registry.

Are you sure AuthD is ONLY reporting that error and not other SQL errors on startup?

Are you sure SQL is correctly setup with protocols in SQL Configuration Manager?

Are you sure there's a correct entry in lin2db.dbo.server?

Are you sure ODBC wasn't configured in registry before - trying to connect to another DatabaseName?

(Screenshot plix).

or, gimme TW access when im home i'll find your error.

Problem solved Thanks to Jayk he helped me out from tw and uploaded some bugged files.Who ever try to help tnx.

I uploaded some good files that replaced your problematic ones :P more exact ^_*

Plus few settings in odbc/sql. Was pretty simple.