L2J vs L2off

L2OFF>L2J that's a matter of fact, but to develop bla bla bla & setup a L2OFF servers is hard. Anyway, there are many differences which will take a day to point them out.

L2OFF is more balanced for instance

l2j is very easy to use but since noone knows how to make a good balance cuz gms are not good players in l2 (= useless) so l2off instead is a better choice as long u know to do something on it

l2j is very easy to use but since noone knows how to make a good balance cuz gms are not good players in l2 (= useless) so l2off instead is a better choice as long u know to do something on it

I agree with that

But i ll disagree here. Who told that someone who makes server isnt good at L2? You are wrong here. Many GMs were players for sure before they do their own server

The only difference is irrational beliefs. Like better balance, complete server better bla bla on OFF.

First source was leaked on C4 I think? L2j folks had plenty of time to analyze and copy structure when needed.

I've been on Off servers - didn't notice much difference. Balance claim is sht. Same thing happens when you put full buff on NPC just because some children want 9000 stats. You can't trick math.

Stability - maybe, but it's not something anyone should worry about. Such technical details only matter on a scale unaccesible to typical users.

Everything else looks similar.

OFF is harder to develop beyond what it is. Java is more flexible, but has it's own rudimentary crap from way long ago which is hard to fix because a lot of other things were built on them. Their calcstat is one of those things.

Well, it's depends on your style. Java servers can be good also, depends on what you want to make..

for L2J(or other Java based packs) you can make your stuffs written in Java language (most can be done easyly as DP Script or small Core modification) doesn't consume so much memory/CPU.

for L2OFF, you have to know the L2OFF Engine and you should make Extender DLL for your mods. L2OFF Need minium 8GB RAM(ofc, depends on chronicle, C4 off uses less memory) just for run... so choose that just if you have enough strong computer