Intel: Chips will connect to human brains

Raule

When Intel (INTC) commissioned management consulting firm Booz Allen to write a whitepaper on the future of mobile technology, the world’s largest chip maker probably expected information about voice recognition and “predictive” smartphone applications. But the firm’s research goes a step further, suggesting that in the future mobile devices may not need to “hear” our voices or “watch” our movements, because they may connect directly to our brains.

The whitepaper, released to CNN, says that mobile devices will start “melding… directly into the human body” and that the “biological brain will be augmented exponentially.” Its release happened to coincide with Samsung’s launch of its new Galaxy S III smartphone, which Samsung touts as a product that

understands you, (and) share’s what’s in your heart.

Of course, even today’s blazing quad-core processors (produced by Intel’s competitors) are not yet as fast as the human brain. The report notes that processor speeds need to increase significantly before chips are ready to interact directly with the human brain.

In the United States, it is likely that processors embedded in machines will significantly precede processors embedded in humans. Intel is a major supplier of chips for machine-to-machine applications. The cellular M2M connectivity service market grew at 26.2% in 2011, according to ABI Research. The firm measures the M2M market in cumulative connections, which it now estimates at 110.6 million.

I can live without  these shits if you ask me..just enhance the medicine system and make me when i will have 150 years to play football with my nephew.

I can live without  these shits if you ask me..just enhance the medicine system and make me when i will have 150 years to play football with my nephew.

of course we can live without that shits. but i dont think that they will ask u, they will do that without your agreement.

of course we can live without that shits. but i dont think that they will ask u, they will do that without your agreement.

y u dont say? soon i will be the new leader of Illuminati.

y u go listen Catharsis & Reactii adverse and shut up.

nah ima listen some church music,i dont wanna go in hell. (i love god)

hahahahahahaha rofl xD

Whats so funny? The human brain contains about 50 billion to 200 billion neurons (nobody knows how many for sure), each of which interfaces with 1,000 to 100,000 other neurons through 100 trillion (10 14) to 10 quadrillion (10 16) synaptic junctions. Each synapse possesses a variable firing threshold which is reduced as the neuron is repeatedly activated. If we assume that the firing threshold at each synapse can assume 256 distinguishable levels, and if we suppose that there are 20,000 shared synapses per neuron (10,000 per neuron), then the total information storage capacity of the synapses in the cortex would be of the order of 500 to 1,000 terabytes. (Of course, if the brain’s storage of information takes place at a molecular level, then I would be afraid to hazard a guess regarding how many bytes can be stored in the brain. One estimate has placed it at about 3.6 X 10 19 bytes.)

The brain has about 100 billion nerve cells, so at least that many bits (about 10 gigabytes) could be stored, assuming the brain uses binary logic. But it probably doesn’t do so. Instead, information is believed to be stored in the many connections that form between the cells. This is a much larger number: Current estimates of brain capacity range from 1 to 1000 terabytes! It would take 1,000 to 10,000 typical disk drives to store that much information.

Whats so funny? The human brain contains about 50 billion to 200 billion neurons (nobody knows how many for sure), each of which interfaces with 1,000 to 100,000 other neurons through 100 trillion (10 14) to 10 quadrillion (10 16) synaptic junctions. Each synapse possesses a variable firing threshold which is reduced as the neuron is repeatedly activated. If we assume that the firing threshold at each synapse can assume 256 distinguishable levels, and if we suppose that there are 20,000 shared synapses per neuron (10,000 per neuron), then the total information storage capacity of the synapses in the cortex would be of the order of 500 to 1,000 terabytes. (Of course, if the brain’s storage of information takes place at a molecular level, then I would be afraid to hazard a guess regarding how many bytes can be stored in the brain. One estimate has placed it at about 3.6 X 10 19 bytes.)

The brain has about 100 billion nerve cells, so at least that many bits (about 10 gigabytes) could be stored, assuming the brain uses binary logic. But it probably doesn’t do so. Instead, information is believed to be stored in the many connections that form between the cells. This is a much larger number: Current estimates of brain capacity range from 1 to 1000 terabytes! It would take 1,000 to 10,000 typical disk drives to store that much information.

I laughed with the way he said that , i know that our brain is better than a processor , most of people know it