[Suggestions]About a GF PvP Server.

Hi!

Since I've never played any kind of GF server/client (gracia final) I would like to ask from you what things you like on such servers.

I'm actually refferin' to active GF players or those one who used to play GF.

Also,tell me where I must focus in order to success(olympiad?gameplay?economy? etc)

also,some features would be appreciated.(not rates,enchants etc)

Client will be gracia final?

For sure you need to make all things as better as you can : olympiad , gameplay , all..

yes gracia final.

yes,i know that..i want somethin' more specific =P

Or you could stop following the same path as every other server and do something different?

Specifically, OLY has way too much focus on many servers => less out of town PvP.

Too easy to gain adena, gear matters too much => PvE relevance decreases, less PvP for spots.

Highly open world => divided community so less PvP.

No competitiveness and persistence because stock/retail features => this game is so old, when do people actually PvP? Boss fights? All people do now is grief and hide their balls in towns.

Do the opposite.

Rarer occurring of oly = weekends, or 1 hour during an evening on weekdays.

Make PvE easy, mobs don't need to be killed for minutes, but they hit hard.

Less actual adena drops, more full drops but random. More spot PvP, more trade, less adena whoring.

Make events give great adena rewards, people would want to PvP and work as a team for  mutual success.

Achievements (kill enemy with critical hit, outheal 4k DPS, etc; not boring stuff like kill 20 chars, kill streaks; in a PvP server killing someone isn't an achievement) and reputation vs average community reputation. People would have something to brag about, sets benchmarks for people, so if they are bad they try to become better.

People are so afraid of custom, it doesn't mean what they think it means...

Or you could stop following the same path as every other server and do something different?

Specifically, OLY has way too much focus on many servers => less out of town PvP.

Too easy to gain adena, gear matters too much => PvE relevance decreases, less PvP for spots.

Highly open world => divided community so less PvP.

No competitiveness and persistence because stock/retail features => this game is so old, when do people actually PvP? Boss fights? All people do now is grief and hide their balls in towns.

Do the opposite.

Rarer occurring of oly = weekends, or 1 hour during an evening on weekdays.

Make PvE easy, mobs don't need to be killed for minutes, but they hit hard.

Less actual adena drops, more full drops but random. More spot PvP, more trade, less adena whoring.

Make events give great adena rewards, people would want to PvP and work as a team for  mutual success.

Achievements (kill enemy with critical hit, outheal 4k DPS, etc; not boring stuff like kill 20 chars, kill streaks; in a PvP server killing someone isn't an achievement) and reputation vs average community reputation. People would have something to brag about, sets benchmarks for people, so if they are bad they try to become better.

People are so afraid of custom, it doesn't mean what they think it means...

thank you dude,I rly appreciate ;p

waitin' more.

Get on a L2calc and try to estimate some enchants.

magical and physical damage and skills have various formulas. So enchants in armor may not mean same in jewels.

A good range is +12 for weapons, +9 in armors and +7 in jewels. Estimate max against common. Common would be whatever safe is +1. Getting +4 isn't too hard with safe +3 for example

If you make enchants scarce but less punishing it creates a better market. Harder to get stuff = better value. More items with high value = great market. It's not to create a deficit, it's to prevent everyone having everything and not needing anything.

You may also want to change how enchants work if you have high max enchants but low safe enchants. Like breaking at +15 when max is +16 is frustrating. And when that happens 6 times in a row and you realize you have to farm more, well, I just quit. I game is a game until it feels like having to wash dishes.

So if a failed enchant is -2 or -1 from current enchant that's reasonable.

Whether you add potions or not - it's up to you. But if you don't you might as well go all the way - don't add songs in NPC buffer, or only add some.

People would complain that no full buffs and no MP pots is a bad PvP server. Frankly, they are clueless kids who don't know what PvP means. The bad side is that they are a majority of current players.

Are you going to use l2off or l2j for gracia final? If you are planning to use l2j better use the Epilogue version since its not that different from gracia final plus its more up to date and you wont have to work a lot on it. Thats what i will do.

Are you going to use l2off or l2j for gracia final? If you are planning to use l2j better use the Epilogue version since its not that different from gracia final plus its more up to date and you wont have to work a lot on it. Thats what i will do.

I'll use L2J..

dunno about ge thingy,I do not like that client so much..I prefer GF.

I would agree with Zanter.

Difference between GF and GE is negligible, but you get more ingame assets from a newer client and source support is better - the further back you go the least complete and buggier source you'd get.