[Guides]F.A.Q

`Rοmeο

What ports do I need to open to run a server?

In order to run a CS 1.6 server through Steam you need to open the following ports: 1200 UDP 27000 - 27015 UDP 27030 - 27039 TCP Note: If your server is running on a port other than the default 27015, you will need to open that one aswell.

How do I set my servers region?

With steam/ cs1.6, a new feature was intorduced where you can filter servers by region (ex useast, west). This will determine where your server will show up, or in some cases, if it will show up. Have you set sv_region in your server.cfg? eastcoast - sv_region 0 westcoast - sv_region 1 south america - sv_region 2 europe - sv_region 3 asia - sv_region 4 australia - sv_region 5 middle east - sv_region 6 africa - sv_region 7 world - sv_region 255

Why do I keep getting a ticket expired message?

This just means you need to re-enter your login information so that Steam can authenticate you. Usually logging out of steam and logging back in will fix the problem.

Your map [?????.bsp] differs from the servers

This error occurs when your map does not match the map the server is running (different version, etc). You should never have official (stock) maps in your maps folder. The only maps you should have are custom maps, so check that you do not have official maps in your maps directory. Sometimes this error can also occur when there is a Steam update released and either you or the server is out of date. Check that your Steam client has been updated if a recent update was released. If you want to stop from getting this error so you're able to connect to the server, simple delete the map that is giving you the error from your maps folder, then connect to the server. This will allow you to download the same version of the map the server is running.

Failed to load dialog file Resource/UI/ClassMenu.res

There is no official response from Valve why so many users receive this message but we've found a solution that has worked for those that have tried it: Open notepad and add the following: "Resource/UI/ClassMenu.res" { }Save the file as Classmenu.res (note the file extension, ends in .res and not .res.txt). Place this file into the resource\UI\ directory for the game you are having problems with, example, for CS 1.6 you should end up with a similar path:

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\<account>\counter-strike\cstrike\resource\UI\Classmenu.res

if you do not have a resource or UI directory, simply create them. This may or may not work for you, but give it a try.