PC Server configuration

barao45

Question

Hi, I need your help to open my server GF OFF, I wonder if this pc I can start opening it and then update as needed. i hop to start 1000 players on. The configuration i think is: intel xeon e3 3.10ghz, 8MB cache, 1 disk WD velociraptor 10k rpm or 1 disk SAS 15k 146Gb and 16gb ram. i need your sugestions plis. conection 10MB dedicated.

Hi, I need your help to open my server GF OFF, I wonder if this pc I can start opening it and then update as needed. i hop to start 1000 players on. The configuration i think is: intel xeon e3 3.10ghz, 8MB cache, 1 disk WD velociraptor 10k rpm or 1 disk SAS 15k 146Gb and 16gb ram. i need your sugestions plis. conection 10MB dedicated.

Good Server, you can start.

16 GB  with 1k players, could cause problems by my mathing.

I wouldn't wanna run too much memory intensive programs besides the daemons and sql on it atleast.

GF you can't run on 8gb ram so just ignore that guy, just idle with no players all the daemons combined use over 8GB, that's not including any extender overhead or SQL or anything else you are running, 16GB can run GF but like mac said, get 1k players on there and you're in trouble.

Also, 10mbit connection will not do, if you consider most datacenters have "fair use" policies which actually only allow you to constantly use 30% of your connected speed then you are actually only able to use 3mbit, nowhere near enough for a server.

My computer is 8 gb ram Intel Sandy Bridge 2 hard drives for a raptor only and one for the files, but never tested it with 1000 simultaneous players.

no you haven't, you're retarded.

I want to see the peaks that reaches the pending write even after a database reindex, with 1000 players, hahaha 8 GB of RAM for 1000 Players ? Nice joke henrique.

+1

and someone said something stupid?

I said I call FG with 8 gb not say it had 1000 players online. Ignorant please read the answers before posting.

I said I call FG with 8 gb not say it had 1000 players online. Ignorant please read the answers before posting.

Prove it.

I call your bluff.

You load the GF server on 8GB and all your ram is already gone, add SQL, webserver or any other services required and you are looking at 1GB or more on the page file, the server will take ages to load and when there is like 16k npc's to load, that's bad.

You cannot run a server on a pc where half your l2server's memory is on the page file, you will lag like shit even with 100 players, if you had loaded GF on 8GB you would know that, if you did and you still think you can run a server when you clearly see you have no ram left at idle, you are more retarded than I previously thought.

You load the GF server on 8GB and all your ram is already gone, add SQL, webserver or any other services required and you are looking at 1GB or more on the page file, the server will take ages to load and when there is like 16k npc's to load, that's bad.

You cannot run a server on a pc where half your l2server's memory is on the page file, you will lag like shit even with 100 players, if you had loaded GF on 8GB you would know that, if you did and you still think you can run a server when you clearly see you have no ram left at idle, you are more retarded than I previously thought.

True, you can try to allocate all the page file in a SSD or SAS 15K or Flash memory, whatever you want, it will lag like hell, it doesn't matter the speed is not enough.

the server page go in another computer, the server is "l2off", i need to know what server machine minimun to run the l2server and allow to play maybe 500 600 players at the begining. "minimun".

thanks!

the server page go in another computer, the server is "l2off", i need to know what server machine minimun to run the l2server and allow to play maybe 500 600 players at the begining. "minimun".

thanks!

You should seriously facepalm yourself. For what you just said. Please read about this, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paging and learn something, cause your server will be the your epic fail if you don't have any idea about windows basic stuff.