[Share] Ultra Buffer (Freya and H5)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm not really sure whats going on in your script. Eveybody says it's working except the only thing I have in mine is: #Cancellation, #Restore, #Dagger Buffs, and only 3 event ID's that don't seem to cover everything. Either I've downloaded the wrong one or everybody in this thread is full of crap.

Issue #1: You said it's based out of SQL, except I don't see a single SQL statement in here. And in general, don't you think it'd be crappy to query the SQL tables every time somebody wanted to buff?

Issue #2: I notice you have

if event == '2':

blah blah blah

if event == '3':

more blah blah blah

It'd be better to use elif (or whatever elseif is in python). Because you structured it like this, there is going to be a check on every single one of those event ID's instead of finding the right one and stopping there.

Issue #3: This looks an awful lot like every other NPC buffer.

I'm not really sure whats going on in your script. Eveybody says it's working except the only thing I have in mine is: #Cancellation, #Restore, #Dagger Buffs, and only 3 event ID's that don't seem to cover everything. Either I've downloaded the wrong one or everybody in this thread is full of crap.

Issue #1: You said it's based out of SQL, except I don't see a single SQL statement in here. And in general, don't you think it'd be crappy to query the SQL tables every time somebody wanted to buff?

Issue #2: I notice you have

if event == '2':

blah blah blah

if event == '3':

more blah blah blah

It'd be better to use elif (or whatever elseif is in python). Because you structured it like this, there is going to be a check on every single one of those event ID's instead of finding the right one and stopping there.

Issue #3: This looks an awful lot like every other NPC buffer.

First of all , thanks for replying ! I like to hear poeple opinions in order to learn more things and make better things !

Issue #1: I use the retail sql conection and the retail navicat table ! where is the problem there ?

Issue #2: Actually when i was coding i make it this way  ,there is no reason  ! But there is no problem if every time make a simple check lol ! ( you can change it , really easy BTW )

Issue #3: ( that's your opinion ) but You can show me how your bufffer want to look like and i will coded on html for you !

First of all , thanks for replying ! I like to hear poeple opinions in order to learn more things and make better things !

Issue #1: I use the retail sql conection and the retail navicat table ! where is the problem there ?

Issue #2: Actually when i was coding i make it this way  ,there is no reason  ! But there is no problem if every time make a simple check lol ! ( you can change it , really easy BTW )

Issue #3: ( that's your opinion ) but You can show me how your bufffer want to look like and i will coded on html for you !

#1: I don't know what you mean by retail sql connection, do you mean the default MySQL connection inside l2j? I'm pretty sure also that the offical retail uses MSSQL. Also, theres no such thing as a 'navicat' table. Theres SQL tables and schemas, but Navicat is just a tool for working with your SQL table. Infact, you can even do it from the command prompt. Or theres the MySQL Community Workbench.

#2: No, it doesn't seem like a big deal. Except you have to remember a few things: 1) Java is a cross-platform programming language and it's code runs on a virtual machine. So there is already overhead from that. 2) Python (In l2j's case Jython) is a script language that isn't compiled down, it's run through an .EXE file and the results are returned to Java. So you already have the overhead from Java, plus the overhead from Python. If you have players slamming and spamming their buffs, then it's going to cause issues. When you're using server software, any calculation that can be cut should be cut.

#3: This looks -exactly- like a lot of other buffers that simply just put if conditions for every single buff. I'm almost certain you just took a buffer from somebody else, and remade the HTML and called it your own. Sorry, HTML is not coding.