[Question] Help with L2.exe

Hello, I was wondering if there is any way to make my server only accessible from a specific l2.exe

I mean, if someone put another l2.exe in system, to make it crash or make the server not respond from the specific l2.exe

Thanks a lot

l2.exe or l2.ini ?

lol not spam here, he ask for L2.EXE and about it, the better way is changin protocol version of L2.EXE, you can do it via Hex Editor, and ofc you need change config of Protocols accepeted into gameserver config, they can be open client but not enter in the world.

Hey CriticalError, Thanks for your help, but since I haven't done it again, could you explain me how to do that? As far as I know, i will need to use Hex Workshop, and change somehow the protocol to 1000 for example. Then i need to make gameserver accept only protocol 1000. Am I right? Even if I am, could you explain me how to change the protocol to "1000" for example? Thanks a lot.

Hey CriticalError, Thanks for your help, but since I haven't done it again, could you explain me how to do that? As far as I know, i will need to use Hex Workshop, and change somehow the protocol to 1000 for example. Then i need to make gameserver accept only protocol 1000. Am I right? Even if I am, could you explain me how to change the protocol to "1000" for example? Thanks a lot.

yes like that, but I can't teach it, you need found your way bro, is not hard do it, just need investigate a bit more, try doing it yourself and use your brain, not to offend but to learn something new without having to ask others.

yes like that, but I can't teach it, you need found your way bro, is not hard do it, just need investigate a bit more, try doing it yourself and use your brain, not to offend but to learn something new without having to ask others.

Well, the last time I tried to use it was kinda confusing. Anyway I will try to do it and I will reply if I have any problems

Well, the last time I tried to use it was kinda confusing. Anyway I will try to do it and I will reply if I have any problems

ok don't worry you're welcome, is not confusing, just need know what are you looking ;)

Samples:

CT2.4 (EPILOGUE) Protocol Rvision 146

CT2.5 (FREYA) Protocol Revision 398

CT2.6 (H5) Protocol Revision 268

CT23 (Godess of Destruction) Protocol Revision 403

Now Im damn more confusing. I want it for Interlude. But Im thinking, this can prevent Phx? I added some phx protections to l2.exe, but still someone could get a clean l2.exe and change the protocol. Anyway, At least Im making it harder, right? ^^

Now Im damn more confusing. I want it for Interlude. But Im thinking, this can prevent Phx? I added some phx protections to l2.exe, but still someone could get a clean l2.exe and change the protocol. Anyway, At least Im making it harder, right? ^^

the other way is buy a software calle LameGuard but the cost is very expensive well for me don't have server, but you can try.

Here the web site.

LameGuard Updater

Hmmm, sorry for double posting, well I found out that I Have revision 746, but I searched with hex workshop these files: engine.dll, core.dll, l2.exe and none of them contains any string "746".. could you help me a little bit? I can't find it :/