windows server 2008 x64

kostantinosftw

Question

Everything is the same lol, just interface changes a little bit, any guide will work.

sql server 2005 service pack 1,sql server 2005 service pack 2, sql server 2005 service pack 3 ,sql server 2003 service pack 1 do not work! Just 2008 and there is nothing to do with other versions!!!

What you mean ? Installation problems ? What error you get ? For what i know, there is some problem with processors that have a number of cores that is not power of 2.

What you mean ? Installation problems ? What error you get ? For what i know, there is some problem with processors that have a number of cores that is not power of 2.

Well first of all I had to turn off firewalls, secondly I dunno what installation should be done.. so I pressed the first one.. anyway problem with account name (can't pick "sa" ) I also tried to change it after the installation but no change. Same goes with password. Finaly can't find "mssql manager studio"

Well first of all I had to turn off firewalls, secondly I dunno what installation should be done.. so I pressed the first one.. anyway problem with account name (can't pick "sa" ) I also tried to change it after the installation but no change. Same goes with password. Finaly can't find "mssql manager studio"

If you do not have the Manager Studio then you have the lite version of SQL Server (I hate the Express version) and should look for the full version; or you did not install it correctly. Also during the install you should eventually see an option to input your own password for the master account (sa). Without knowing exactly what you did during the install makes it difficult because MSSQL is not the easiest software to install if you have never used it before.

The better is  running servers in Linux!

No so easy attacks !

No Lag!

and much more.... ;)

Yeah, too bad L2OFF files cannot run under Linux as they are Windows only. :)

C4, Interlude and Hellbound will not work well on Intel i5 or i7 and will be unstable, better to find a Xeon based server with Windows Server 2003 (GF runs fine under 2008 with current Intel processors).

The better is  running servers in Linux!

No so easy attacks !

No Lag!

and much more.... ;)

I heard it! But can you support me on this OS? B/C I need a very good GPS in this cave... :/

If you do not have the Manager Studio then you have the lite version of SQL Server (I hate the Express version) and should look for the full version; or you did not install it correctly. Also during the install you should eventually see an option to input your own password for the master account (sa). Without knowing exactly what you did during the install makes it difficult because MSSQL is not the easiest software to install if you have never used it before.

I install the Express version. Damt! Anyway I had to choose among lot of options and I saw two fields asking for passwords.. I will look for the full version and I will replay as soon as I install it.

I found a warez link with SQL 2008 enterprice. I saw there are a lot of versions of SQL such as Enterprice(1,3 G.B.), Standard, Workgroup, Web, Developer, Express, Compact 3.5. My OS is enterprice edition; is SQL standard going to work?

I recommend you checking this http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/News/comparisonofsqlserver2005editions/1768/

Its a comparison of different SQL Server 2005 Editions. I prefer Enterprise for example cause there is no limit for RAM memory, CPU's, database size and so on.

I fully install the MSSQL server 2008 R2 Enterprice.

I followed step by step the guide and there is an error; When I generated the "serial number" NO POP-UP window and as a result L2NPC and L2SERVER says "Can't connect to cache server" :(

where is that pop-up window? why no connection to mssql?

I fully install the MSSQL server 2008 R2 Enterprice.

I followed step by step the guide and there is an error; When I generated the "serial number" NO POP-UP window and as a result L2NPC and L2SERVER says "Can't connect to cache server" :(

where is that pop-up window? why no connection to mssql?

Step by step ? And File DSN created ? And did you set up the default directory for ODBC ? L2Server says that he cannot connect to CacheD, means CacheD is not running.