[L2J] SkirmishPvP Beta/Preview

Copyleft

Hi MXC,

I'm announcing the beta/preview of the project I've been working on for the last months

It's a balanced highrate server with fullbuffs, but not just like other servers - my objective is to redefine highrate L2 PvP aspect as it never was before, and not primarily by individual class balance, but by gameplay balance as a whole

Beta starts the 1st of September

General

• High Five
  • Instant 85

Features

• Balanced gameplay
  • Zone Control
  • TvT Event
  • PvP Reward
  • Raid Status NPC
  • Scheme Buffer NPC

Balanced Classes

• All available classes are viable and fill their own unique role.
  • PvPs are fast paced, debuffs land, skills make more damage than autoattacks, and support classes are needed for Clans, Mass PvP, and Raids.

Gameplay

• Free element
  • Low enchanted gear
  • No Elegia, No Epics/Olympiad/Territory War Jewels
  • No mana potions
  • If MP is at 30% or less, MP regeneration will increase by 100%
  • 1 hour buffs
  • 18+0 buff slots, 12 d/s slots
  • Buffs that are triggers, selfbuffs, or special buffs (Shield of Faith, Prahnah, etc) don’t consume buffslot
  • Cancel/Steal Divinity only affect buffs that don’t consume buff slot (Ignore NPC Buffer buffs)
  • No buff loss on death for Players and Summons (can be resummoned with buffs)
  • Grief buffing protection
  • If you are not in combat, olympiad, and PvP mode, HP/MP/CP regeneration will drastically increase
  • Tons of formula fixes (debuffs, skills, etc)

Other

• No dualboxing
  • Clan Gate working
  • Macros working correctly (you can instantly equip whole armor set in a click)
  • 10 seconds spawn protection
  • Detailed drop statistics on mobs via shift-click
  • Drop protection: The item goes for the player/party that did most damage.
  • All NPCs not related or necessary to the PvP world have been deleted or replaced

Check us out at http://www.skirmishpvp.com

Some things seem weird.

Class changes:

Disabled classes:

Prophet, Warcryer, Bladedancer, Swordsinger

Also, you don't think 20% vamp of DoV is a bit too much? Cos you get like ~30 with the improved combo.

I like the approach though.

The right direction, but I wonder if that will be enough to actually motivate people to PvP.

I'll be there on beta for sure.

P.S. What is max sub class level?

About disabled classes - it's because I think that it's way better to just disable them instead of customize/OP them too much for them to be viable, or useful compared to other classes. What is a BD/SWS/WC/PP worth if all the buffs are in the NPC buffer? It sux, and those classes would end up as an olympiad hero bot for CRP/tokens, or BD/SWS as siege/mass pvp d/s cancel bubble - both unhealthy for the server

The idea behind setting DoV at 20% is because this way it can be used as a counter for people stacking reflect buffs, and also it will help you a lot if you have problems in PvE (which no class should have)

Max subclass level is 85

It's just beta and it is a lot of fun.

I made a similar post somewhere else...why u gms/admins want to make custom bullshit servers???ppl want to play the game lineage2 not a game migration of lineage and starwars...removing classes,adding custom skills like mana reg is stupid....thats why servers with many customs dont have future...

I made a similar post somewhere else...why u gms/admins want to make custom bullshit servers???ppl want to play the game lineage2 not a game migration of lineage and starwars...removing classes,adding custom skills like mana reg is stupid....thats why servers with many customs dont have future...

You see those radioactive green/pink armors? You see what ncsoft is doing with L2? That is what custom bullshit means to me, and that imo is what has no future (but we'll see when goddess comes out).

Really, you can't call double MP regeneration when under 30% MP custom bullshit, when every highrate out there has instant 2k no reuse MP pots. I mean, come on... those highrates that are out there are not L2. Not even close. We aren't either, but atleast we can have fun in a balanced custom bullshit server, where MP isn't infinite, where buff setup actually matters because you don't have 70 slots, where you can't get cancelled/stolen to death, and where most formulas aren't fucked up.

I don't want to play Lineage 2. Atleast not the standarized highrate version of it, because it fucking sucks, for so much time and without changes. All the servers are about the same, PvPs are lame and you have to farm for gear a lot of time to get into the PvP, which is decided by who can hold/spam the F1 key longer/faster since debuffs are OP or never land. 2 months later they close. And that's why after 2? 3? 4? years of waiting for a decent version of a highrate L2, I decided to try and create my own one where all this crap I don't like doesn't exist.

Now, about other skills that have changed stats/whatever, yes, you can call them custom bullshit. You can call the whole server custom bullshit too because you start at 85 100%. That's not L2 either. But to me, this custom bullshit exists to balance the fact that you can get full buffs from the NPC Buffer. And almost everything is balanced around that fact, NPC buffer buffs.

I don't know why you call it starwars. Max weapon anyone got is still +4

---------

Some screens from today's beta - 1 clan after taking a zone control was PvEing and the other clan came to take it back. With only 20! (there was a peak of 24) online there has been clan action going on for hours.

PJAN7.jpg

LxEwM.jpg

regards

nice server, many bugs but will be fixed i think.

beta is just fun ;( join to us

good server copyleft;) you did a good job dude

Thanks, and please report all bugs to forum