[Discussion]Developing Lineage 2 server

Hi, I'd like if you could suggest me a programing language that's best for Lineage 2 server. I know that the most common one is Java, but as I know it's not the most stable. I think it could be done in C/C++ ? Also I would appreciate if you could suggest me a way to start study that language - Text or Video tutorials ( I have some VTC tutorials on my PC ) or other way.

Thanks in advance and Greetings

Java

- assuming its gonna be first you will learn, language like C++ might overwhelm you with stuff like pointers etc. and in Java that subject is made most easy way possible: fully automatic

- writing multi-threaded apps is much better supported and having accesible much easier certain cool mechanism. and even when one of threads for some reason crashed, the rest of app can go on to the point until its impossible (deadlocks), so its an perfect environment for making eg. gameservers. and if you will write code thread-safe (avoiding all or most possible deadlicking possibilities), even if an thread crashes, it will do very little effect on the whole app ;)

- it's more flexible and tons of free libs make possible to add any functionality to your app, very easy (eg. recently experimenting with OpenCL use in gameserver)

- there is milions of lines of code only considering Lineage II server emulation, for free, that you can read, learn, or reuse. Even bot apps and stuff.

- L2J community is probably biggest one concidering Lineage II servers emulation

And L2J isn't that unstable and with some work can be no worse if not better than L2Off server soft. Also at least download core sources and browse through them to see the scale of an "game server" project and think if you want to do that all from zero in other than Java language. And there is also datapack...

i agree 100% for a kind of l2 developing the best language is JAVA. no worries about it :P

you also have to learn creating database and modify sql queries ::D

Check overall the forum , also the development sections , and you will find out everything you want.

I've checked the forum, but there are no lessons, there are only Shares, Guides and stuff like that.

I couldn't find basic Java lessons.

Thanks !

Java

- assuming its gonna be first you will learn, language like C++ might overwhelm you with stuff like pointers etc. and in Java that subject is made most easy way possible: fully automatic

- writing multi-threaded apps is much better supported and having accesible much easier certain cool mechanism. and even when one of threads for some reason crashed, the rest of app can go on to the point until its impossible (deadlocks), so its an perfect environment for making eg. gameservers. and if you will write code thread-safe (avoiding all or most possible deadlicking possibilities), even if an thread crashes, it will do very little effect on the whole app ;)

- it's more flexible and tons of free libs make possible to add any functionality to your app, very easy (eg. recently experimenting with OpenCL use in gameserver)

- there is milions of lines of code only considering Lineage II server emulation, for free, that you can read, learn, or reuse. Even bot apps and stuff.

- L2J community is probably biggest one concidering Lineage II servers emulation

And L2J isn't that unstable and with some work can be no worse if not better than L2Off server soft. Also at least download core sources and browse through them to see the scale of an "game server" project and think if you want to do that all from zero in other than Java language. And there is also datapack...

Well I wasn't thinking to write my pack from scratch, but maybe it sounded like that. Anyway it will be Java plus I could use some of the shares here :)

Thanks !

i agree 100% for a kind of l2 developing the best language is JAVA. no worries about it :P

you also have to learn creating database and modify sql queries ::D

Okay then.

I have little experience with MySQL and I can learn some more, not a problem :)

Thanks!

But no one give me and advice how to start learn Java :) Anyway I will start with my VTC (not an advertise) tutorials.

http://download.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/java/nutsandbolts/index.html

Started here.

After that looked for specific things.

The above link is like a couple of hours to skim through. At least things get more obvious and clear.

Then just think of things you want to do and achieve and search for more specific topic.]

You'll stumble upon loads of other communities discussing possible solutions.