[Project]L2JFree: Genesis

o.o 0.0 O.O?

L2J sucks? It is the worst L2 Server Emulator??? I wont give a comment about that, noobs will ignore what I say.

L2J's team are fails? Ehm, excuse me, you will never reach L2J's Senior/IC devs level. About the team's behavior, i cant disagree, but can you see that its your fault? You treat L2J's team like sh*t, and thats why you get the same treatment. Years ago when L2J's community wasnt infested by "parasites", the devs were really friendly.

You wonder why L2J dont work together with other forks? When someone contributes something at L2J, he expects some feedback, but since other devs who arent in L2J's team feel more pro having their own fork, they just leech it, in many cases they remove the credits so it could count as "their" work, and let the noob devs think that the devs of that for are pros. But wait, if this is what most of the forks do, i cant tell that they are even devs, since all they do is copy/paste stuff from others?

Ok, lets get back, so, that guy who contributed his patch expects feedback, but no one from the community cares about him, they just care for themselfs. L2J devs do not commit those works, because they need feedback about it too, they will never commit something untested, only because L2J relies a lot on stability. Now, why all forks fail? Its not because L2J is sh*tty, actually its the opposite, you cant get more stable base than L2J, they fail because they add untested stuff, and since they dont give any feedback to the creator, they have to fix the bugs caused by that stuff on their own, but since all they do is copy/paste, they do not have the knowledge to fix it, in the end, this for turns into a bugland, I do not care if it has 123123 more features than L2J, will I need them if I cant properly run a server, because it is full of bugs?

L2JFree was the second best L2J based fork after L2Phoenix, and do you know why? Because it had real devs (im talking about 2-3, and idk if they still work there), not copy/pasters. But, L2JFree, why do you blame L2J for your failure? L2J server doesnt have anything to do with your failure, even the opposite, you have succeeded thanks to L2J (why? think about it), one of the things which lead you to failure was synching with L2J, you had a lot of stuff, but it was dirty codded and it was causing synching with L2J to be harder and harder, until you started to do mistakes while synching on hand since L2J's patches coudnt normally apply to your pack. And when time passes, small bugs from not propper synching with L2J start to stack and stack and stack, until now, when L2JFree became bugland too, and you blame L2J for all those bugs???

If everyone was nice enough to support L2J's community and its devs instead of being selfish, L2J would shine. But no, you guys (im tolking to those selfish wannabes) want others to think that you are pro, and you have to go on the easy way - found a fork and stuff. Maybe noobs really see you are a pro, but thats because they dont understand much, in the eyes of the real devs, you are nothing more than a complete wannabe dev. If you really want others to respect you as a good developer, first you have to be such. Everything starts from small and gets big, if you stay and give feedback, eventually learn more, you will start sharing stuff too, and since you will get more feedback, you will be more motivated, the more motivated you get, the more you work -> the better you become, eventually you will be at the same level as the real devs who can do something, then not only noobs will approve you, other devs will approve you too, they wont see you as a wannabe, and who knows, maybe you will become good enough and join L2J's team. This is how it should be, not like it is now.

Oh, and L2JFree guys, look at your mistakes, do not blame others for your mistakes. You are way too arrogant. L2JFree Genesis will fail.

What a hate fest we have here.

Being an ignorant bastard that I am, here are my suggestions based on the fact that I ignored >50% replies to this thread:

• Close this topic (too many off-topic/hate/penis-comparing replies)
  • Ban everyone who posted off-topic
  • Ban L2JFree impersonators
  • Ban L2JServer/DP impersonators

And to avoid being banned for ignorance, here's my on-topic reply:

To many people (those who whine are mere arrogant bastards indeed) l2jserver is a typical large/old project. Anything you suggest (and give a patch) is ignored (in the sense of not commited, revised for commit, whatever else) and then one of two things happen:

a) two weeks later, a WHOLE commit "from private svn" is done, and thanks to "the inner circle" your suggestion is implemented, perhaps with a few misses. Once that happens 3 times in a row, you quit this crap and start leeching, because "the inner circle" "forgets" to tell users & possible contributors that something is in progress before a complete commit is already done.

b) your proposed patch, regardless of how simple it was and how undeniably it fixed/corrected/improved something is ignored and dies (among other threads).

Now, this would be the perfect opportunity to fork it if not:

1. So much work to redo it

2. Views on how things should be done will be inherited anyway

3. Doing a simple refactoring wont give you any credit

4. So many failed forks that only forked for penis-comparisons

P. S. It is strange how sensitive l2jserver supporters are and how arrogant l2jfree supporters are. Strange that after checking l2jserver/dp's forums, these guys don't look too sensitive - they look SENSIBLE. Also, in l2jfree's not-so-active forum, you can't find a thread where l2jserver is claimed to be the worst of the worst, nor any hyperactive bashing of any forks.

P. P. S. Ban the impersonators ffs...

o.o 0.0 O.O?

L2J sucks? It is the worst L2 Server Emulator??? I wont give a comment about that, noobs will ignore what I say.

L2J's team are fails? Ehm, excuse me, you will never reach L2J's Senior/IC devs level. About the team's behavior, i cant disagree, but can you see that its your fault? You treat L2J's team like sh*t, and thats why you get the same treatment. Years ago when L2J's community wasnt infested by "parasites", the devs were really friendly.

You wonder why L2J dont work together with other forks? When someone contributes something at L2J, he expects some feedback, but since other devs who arent in L2J's team feel more pro having their own fork, they just leech it, in many cases they remove the credits so it could count as "their" work, and let the noob devs think that the devs of that for are pros. But wait, if this is what most of the forks do, i cant tell that they are even devs, since all they do is copy/paste stuff from others?

Ok, lets get back, so, that guy who contributed his patch expects feedback, but no one from the community cares about him, they just care for themselfs. L2J devs do not commit those works, because they need feedback about it too, they will never commit something untested, only because L2J relies a lot on stability. Now, why all forks fail? Its not because L2J is sh*tty, actually its the opposite, you cant get more stable base than L2J, they fail because they add untested stuff, and since they dont give any feedback to the creator, they have to fix the bugs caused by that stuff on their own, but since all they do is copy/paste, they do not have the knowledge to fix it, in the end, this for turns into a bugland, I do not care if it has 123123 more features than L2J, will I need them if I cant properly run a server, because it is full of bugs?

L2JFree was the second best L2J based fork after L2Phoenix, and do you know why? Because it had real devs (im talking about 2-3, and idk if they still work there), not copy/pasters. But, L2JFree, why do you blame L2J for your failure? L2J server doesnt have anything to do with your failure, even the opposite, you have succeeded thanks to L2J (why? think about it), one of the things which lead you to failure was synching with L2J, you had a lot of stuff, but it was dirty codded and it was causing synching with L2J to be harder and harder, until you started to do mistakes while synching on hand since L2J's patches coudnt normally apply to your pack. And when time passes, small bugs from not propper synching with L2J start to stack and stack and stack, until now, when L2JFree became bugland too, and you blame L2J for all those bugs???

If everyone was nice enough to support L2J's community and its devs instead of being selfish, L2J would shine. But no, you guys (im tolking to those selfish wannabes) want others to think that you are pro, and you have to go on the easy way - found a fork and stuff. Maybe noobs really see you are a pro, but thats because they dont understand much, in the eyes of the real devs, you are nothing more than a complete wannabe dev. If you really want others to respect you as a good developer, first you have to be such. Everything starts from small and gets big, if you stay and give feedback, eventually learn more, you will start sharing stuff too, and since you will get more feedback, you will be more motivated, the more motivated you get, the more you work -> the better you become, eventually you will be at the same level as the real devs who can do something, then not only noobs will approve you, other devs will approve you too, they wont see you as a wannabe, and who knows, maybe you will become good enough and join L2J's team. This is how it should be, not like it is now.

Oh, and L2JFree guys, look at your mistakes, do not blame others for your mistakes. You are way too arrogant. L2JFree Genesis will fail.

my boy lol but u should have learned the TPB skill to make biger post :DD

oh arquitect, what you make me read nowdays ?

L2JFree always was better than L2J, the fact you can't accept you follow something that has failed long time ago is your bussiness and i am not part of it..

I remember that days when i started on Java emulation, i thought L2J was the best too, but it is just crap, i can't figure out how a smart ass can really like it, how could they get that popular with that failed codes and many more things ..

If any of you wanna still using l2j, then no problem..

But if you are smarter.. then you already know what pack to use, the only pack that will work [and l2j, never worked]

>.> This is a discussion forum, not a tea hour forum or wrestling forum, so don't break others balls..

lol, this is turning in a Fanboys fight without a real base of proofs, just personal opinions... and most of them with childish attitude.

it makes me to remember people who fight with Linux distros, or Amd vs Intel / Ati vs Nvidia, etc.

simply no sense.

Don't try to fight vs Intrepid, he is all time right (let's say he is, else it's a non ended fight which await you ^^). It's simple for him, I will short it for you : L2J = burn heretics.

@InquisitorIntrepid, it's supposed to be "L2JFree business topic" :P. And you trolled your own topic, haha :D.

About L2J, things should move, and there are many problems imho :

- some rules should just die (the hypocrite rule "share your ownmade code", lol)

- a recurrent problem of L2J is there isn't real "head" to the project, just a sort of foggy inner circle, known only by themselves.

- another problem is you make L2 "playable", but calling it retail is another word for sure. What the point to dev L2J if it's not to reach a decent level of retail. You still miss C1 features, such as skill aggro (when the whole DP and some core is ready since years lol).

- the forum is kinda dead, and you really don't want to make it better (sharing stuff = you're "near" insulted when you post something / it's directly deleted / it's forgetten and perhaps commited in 5 months (boneCP lol)).

Finally, the main issue is the selfish of the good devs, which keep testing and add new things on their own private forks. It exists anywhere, but on L2J, it just make the "code flow" stops.

-----

About L2JFree, the problem is more simplier : there is nothing to test, and there is no infos about it aswell :P. And as Intrepid trolls his own topic, well, it's gonna be long before to have something to see :D.

Some nonsense, blah, blah, blah

Sounds like you never played C1, otherwise you would understand there's nothing left from C1 since years ago. Except maybe for hideouts. Yep, hideouts almost haven't changed. Oh, and ferries, except for the fact they ain't used nowadays.

Game mechanics (PvE, PvP, quests, sieges, every single skill, even movement) has fucking changed since C1 and you complain about missing C1 features?

Nicely played, sir.

I can redirect your complaint straight to aCis & L2Jserver & L2JTW & other packs and it will be valid.

Sounds like you never played C1, otherwise you would understand there's nothing left from C1 since years ago. Except maybe for hideouts. Yep, hideouts almost haven't changed. Oh, and ferries, except for the fact they ain't used nowadays.

Game mechanics (PvE, PvP, quests, sieges, every single skill, even movement) has -beep-ing changed since C1 and you complain about missing C1 features?

Nicely played, sir.

I can redirect your complaint straight to aCis & L2Jserver & L2JTW & other packs and it will be valid.

Lol troller. You currently made better than Intrepid.

Do I know you ? Except the fact you're wrong (and believe me, I read patch notes over and over, to find differences between Freya and IL), and you troll me for nothing, what's the goal of your post ?

I just give you 2 things "from C1 which has changed SO MUCH", I didn't even search for those :

- spawns of mobs, related to zoning system (L2J uses a X/Y/Z system, with a part dating of 2005 (balancer.ru stuff) which has never been used => locations.sql);

- aggro from skills (not aggressive skills, I talk of skills like buffs and heals), the DP is made and even loaded, the core doesn't use infos.

So I can to say you too... Nicely played, sir. And burn in hell, brainless troller :D.

Lol troller. You currently made better than Intrepid.

Do I know you ? Except the fact you're wrong (and believe me, I read patch notes over and over, to find differences between Freya and IL), and you troll me for nothing, what's the goal of your post ?

I just give you 2 things "from C1 which has changed SO MUCH", I didn't even search for those :

- spawns of mobs, related to zoning system (L2J uses a X/Y/Z system, with a part dating of 2005 (balancer.ru stuff) which has never been used => locations.sql);

- aggro from skills (not aggressive skills, I talk of skills like buffs and heals), the DP is made and even loaded, the core doesn't use infos.

So I can to say you too... Nicely played, sir. And burn in hell, brainless troller :D.

Tryskell  pwned an enemy

Just a second. I've told you it's best to close this topic. However, I still believe it's fair to reply to Tryskell's post as it is related to l2j and l2jfree (more or less directly).

Lol troller.

See my previous post, I told you I ignored the replies. No need to re-state the obvious.

You currently made better than Intrepid.

I believe Horus was the author of this thread. That lame whining - I'd recognize that anywhere. No offense to him, you and/or others.

I believe we all agree that patch notes were:

1. Incomplete (undoubtedly)

2. Outdated(? used to be). Even L2JServer had proof of that for each chronicle, where patch notes were simply wrong.

Ah yes, the spawn system. Yeah, even though mob spawns were changed, changed and changed and changed again, the system did not change. It spawns X out of Y mobs per zone(region or how that's named) and rotates these spawns as mobs get killed.

As far as I remember, there have been proposals to implement it, but no one did even an alpha implementation.

And buff/heal/etc aggro, yep, it never worked completely, usually because of the new and new and new skills in new chronicles. But some skill aggro values did change since C1.

Nicely played? I was just stating something that's quite obvious. That's also one of the reasons many people talk how it would be nice to [re]start playing l2 but never actually do.

Lol your post is like Titanic hitting an iceberg and you try to escape in cold water.

Your second post has strangely change of mind. Those features are not implemented since the beginning of the project and those are C1 features (and so far, never been changed through chronicles lmao). So consider think a little before "attacking" people about "I know L2/J better than you".

And official patch notes are, so far, exact (I don't speak of lolkorean translation dating of 1988). Even if their contents are often "blured" and you have to search in others places.

Finally, Mestro = Intrepid (and if you can't recognize that special speak of him, well, you're blind :D). So just stop being wrong, you're wrong, point :D. (Yeah like Intrepid, I'm right, you're wrong).

Kiss ?  :-*

I don't understand why l2jserver doesn't finish any chronicle till end, but upgrading to newer ones. That's a disaster - never ending loop.

It's a race with russian devs or something? Well, russian punks already started developing goddess of destruction, too bad for l2jserver. :D

- some rules should just die (the hypocrite rule "share your ownmade code", lol)

that is not hypocrite, is due GPL, you can't go to forum and send contributions with your credits, if these are not really maded by you, anyway you can take work from others forks ofc, but you should always maintain the credits.

- another problem is you make L2 "playable", but calling it retail is another word for sure.

nobody call L2J retail, we just says that L2J focus in retail things more than custom things. this means custom contributions have always low priority in L2J.

What the point to dev L2J if it's not to reach a decent level of retail. You still miss C1 features, such as skill aggro (when the whole DP and some core is ready since years lol).

Aggro in skills and hate skills is done since years, about others features is a common issues of any open-source project, sadly  but is true that if you don't pay for real devs, this things happens, similar things happens on linux when you talk about desktop/user friendly side.

- the forum is kinda dead, and you really don't want to make it better (sharing stuff = you're "near" insulted when you post something / it's directly deleted / it's forgetten and perhaps commited in 5 months (boneCP lol)).

I don't see other L2J/Forks forums more active, about boneCP is not easy to say let's commit it and ready, that is not the good way, because is a critical lib, and that require proper test, benchmark, etc.

Finally, the main issue is the selfish of the good devs, which keep testing and add new things on their own private forks. It exists anywhere, but on L2J, it just make the "code flow" stops.

we can't do nothing with that, due is part of human nature, and you should know that there is people that prefer making things for money and self, instead of for free and all.