[Project]L2JFree: Genesis

After a long period which seemed to dictate the end of L2jFree, we are proud to announce we are back with a completely renovated and innovative approach to Lineage 2 emulation.

Redefining emulation standards, L2jFree enters a new stage named "Genesis" which is set to revolution the way Emulators are looked upon. As a matter of fact, for such revolution to take place a lot of things had to be changed, mistakes dating back the very beginning of L2j. With that said, we present to you a completely built from scratch source, the new L2jFree which is obviously, still under construction. Generically we can define the new concept as being modules based that is, a project where the main description can be "modularization", allowing content to be removed just as easily as it was added. No more digging the source scanning for possible connections to the elements you wish to remove, no more removing mistakes, and last but not least, the ability to add content as modules shared throughout the community.

Things are expected to run slower at start, since the basics need to be done which is a big task for a small crew - only 1 person can tackle the basics at a time to avoid de-synchronization - of no more and no less than one man. After the bumpy start things should start to move far faster by the minute, as the new team is composed of 14 active developers all with years of experience in Lineage 2 emulation and eager to leave their brand on the revolution.

Additionally, we inform you that the L2Emu and L2jFree teams have merged, forming a new and united L2jFree team.

Progress on the Genesis project can be observed in its new SVN address: http://svn.l2jfree.com/l2jfree/branches/genesis .

We'll be waiting for you on the forum, as usual, we are open to contributors and to provide assistance. Suggestions are looked kindly upon.

Sincerely,

The L2jFree team.

Same message over and over :D.

Any ETA time of public release (even pre-pre-pre-beta ?).

Intrepid spotted :-*.

Edit @Vago : they supposed to use solar power when we still use petrol. Let's see if there is enough sun...

Same message over and over :D.

Any ETA time of public release (even pre-pre-pre-beta ?).

Intrepid spotted :-*.

Edit @Vago : they supposed to use solar power when we still use petrol. Let's see if there is enough sun...

Infact they are getting out of a car which is already going pretty good and try to build a new one on the edge of the road. That usually ends up even worse than the previous one and also loses a lot form the lead.

Anyway, good luck

why inventing the wheel again?

Why asking stupid questions :)

anyway:

1.L2 is still popular enough despite what people around here say and do to destroy the gameplay experience.

2.L2J as it is a mistake that make the whole game suffer as far as gameplay experience goes on player side and performance/stability goes on administrative side.

3.L2JServer or any other fork of it never been able to put down to the table a decent software and the reason for that is the very basics of l2j.

Now to fix these issues what you need to do is basically recode l2j and thats what we do. We had 2 choices...1. go after l2j take a pack from them sync and implement our stuff, based or past experience that never works OR 2.design and create our own software and guess what it works. We have the plans, the skills and the time + manpower to do it we alredy managed to make the mmocore and the login and the work also started on the core. Whats done till now is much better and harder work that anyone made in the l2j scene so far in the past 3-4 years.

Thats not reinventing the wheel thats inventing a better wheel out of the current one.

@Tryskell:

shhh im only here to promote stuff not because i want to :)

Yes its the same all over simple because we are on our own if ppl would actually invent some time with ideas retail information or anything usefull we would make it faster than we seem to do now.

Now the thing with an ETA is this. NB4L1 had a plan which we agreed with and thats a fully modular datapack with annotiation based class loader and to code that well its not an easy job it takes time as soon as the basics of the core will be done and we start implementing features you'll be able to play on the server which will have every single feature recoded so 100% bugless and exploitless since we have past experience.

If you want to know more send a pm cause nobody would understand what i say about annotiations, class loaders and stuff like that. :)

Let me think why not if its 10 times better at the end result than anything out there right now?

Hmm-mm can not be sure if it will succeed but I like to see such hope and intention, anyway I can only say good luck and I hope this project will be not abandoned.

Hmm-mm can not be sure if it will succeed but I like to see such hope and intention, anyway I can only say good luck and I hope this project will be not abandoned.

It will never be abandoned.

We alredy have a functioning mmocore and login with some revolutionary stuff as far as the l2j scene goes(1st ever multithreaded mmocore for example or the 1st ever pack that comes with easy to switch datasource and xml schemas instead of sql tables which will eventually lead to another great on the fly sql updater)

Why asking stupid questions :)

anyway:

1.L2 is still popular enough despite what people around here say and do to destroy the gameplay experience.

2.L2J as it is a mistake that make the whole game suffer as far as gameplay experience goes on player side and performance/stability goes on administrative side.

3.L2JServer or any other fork of it never been able to put down to the table a decent software and the reason for that is the very basics of l2j.

Now to fix these issues what you need to do is basically recode l2j and thats what we do. We had 2 choices...1. go after l2j take a pack from them sync and implement our stuff, based or past experience that never works OR 2.design and create our own software and guess what it works. We have the plans, the skills and the time + manpower to do it we alredy managed to make the mmocore and the login and the work also started on the core. Whats done till now is much better and harder work that anyone made in the l2j scene so far in the past 3-4 years.

Thats not reinventing the wheel thats inventing a better wheel out of the current one.

@Tryskell:

shhh im only here to promote stuff not because i want to :)

Yes its the same all over simple because we are on our own if ppl would actually invent some time with ideas retail information or anything usefull we would make it faster than we seem to do now.

Now the thing with an ETA is this. NB4L1 had a plan which we agreed with and thats a fully modular datapack with annotiation based class loader and to code that well its not an easy job it takes time as soon as the basics of the core will be done and we start implementing features you'll be able to play on the server which will have every single feature recoded so 100% bugless and exploitless since we have past experience.

If you want to know more send a pm cause nobody would understand what i say about annotiations, class loaders and stuff like that. :)

Funny thing you went so fast on fire. L2j team are the ones who started l2 emulation. THEY MADE IT! And they are the ONLY ones which survived over the years. Neither l2jfree, l2emu, l2whatever survived. All of the forks came and went. Until you beat l2j longevity and experience I'm not giving you a chance.

Good luck with your polycarbonate eco superfast wheel anyway.

Funny thing you went so fast on fire. L2j team are the ones who started l2 emulation. THEY MADE IT! And they are the ONLY ones which survived over the years. Neither l2jfree, l2emu, l2whatever survived. All of the forks came and went. Until you beat l2j longevity and experience I'm not giving you a chance.

Good luck with your polycarbonate eco superfast wheel anyway.

We dont need your chance and yet your statement need some correction. L2J Started the l2 emulation with every single team in it. Than separation ended in l2j based forks and what i said still stands l2j based forks are just a time matter when and how die. We dont need to beat l2j in experience soul reason we have more than their active guys, we dont need to beat the l2j longevity since l2jfree is on the scene since the beginning.

we dont need to beat the l2j longevity since l2jfree is on the scene since the beginning.

82.jpg

Everybody [who got a brain] knows l2jfree always was, is and will be better than crappy l2j, what makes a server fail? .. its admin; what makes a pack suck? .. their developers with their crappy way to code

So you got the questions, and you got the answers.

L2JFREE FTW FUCK YEAH!

P.S. Glad to see intrepid is alive, saying everybody: "facking retard asses!"

P.S.2 l2j sucks, always sucked [past of suck is sucked 6_6!?] and will keep sucking until it dies, and it will not take longer with that developers, tryskell does better work than whole l2j team LOL