[Discussion]L2J Interlude Skills

Well Hello fellas... I would like to have a talk with you about l2j interlude skills. With a quick look over the dp

902 skills are set to NOTDONE. However not all them need a change to the skilltype . So i was thinking to correct them

and share the patch. I will correct them anywayz because i want to open my server , but i thought it would be a nice idea

in order to help newbies, to share the patch for free. So even if we see homemade servers , which due to ecomomical crysis

are growing in number , at least they should have their skills corrected.

So what do you think?

PS : I don't want answers like why not to use aCis etc.

I have told before that aCis is not such an easy pack to handle by a newbie developer

as many methods / constructors etc are changed into the gracia ones.

So please avoid those type of replies.

PS2 : Also some of the members here like me, want to work their pack themselves than taking

a ready pack from a dev here. I personally feel better. Do not know what ya think ;)

Regards,

FelonBIG

I think you will have, more or less, the only choice to pick Freya or post IL stuff, because the global skill engine (as skillType definitions) needs an update.

I have to add, and you totally forget to think about it, skills aren't only player's skills. Skills are mostly items' skills, and NPC skills.

So you can't refactor "SKILLS" without :

- an item refactor (duals +4 passive skill isn't working on normal L2J IL)

- npcskills.sql update and a global AI update to use them.

- augments use skills aswell. So you have to refactor augmentations skillmaps, and engine.

See, it becomes far more than simply "skills" :). If you talk only about players' skills (which are not even 20-25% of the total amount of skills), so yes you can do something like adding signets, and IL skills. But it's like to bandage a gangrenous foot.

About your PSs :

I think it's a waste of time if something near of your asks exist already. Atm there is aCis and Frozen for the 2 main conceptions of a L2Jserver (retail && custom). Both surely won't be finished (permanent work), still they're far better than what you think you can do (I don't target you specially, care about my words, people often think they can do all and they're mistaken), and still better than L2J IL itself.

And if "create a pack yourself" means "to leech others' timelines giving credits to yourself", well... I don't even need to argue about it. The idea of create a pack is dead before birth.

I can understand your conception of a L2J pack can be different of Frozen or aCis, but you have to add something new, else it's pointless to work.

To be honest, and before Archid closed, I never managed to think to open my own IL pack. But then once Archid falls, what's left except a public pack ripped of all private feature, with locked JARs content ? As both L2JTeon and L2JBrasil were pure joke for me, I decided to open my own pack, with a fresh philosophy (or at least, the primitive philosophy any L2J pack should have, according to GNU licence).

Well i totally agree with everything you say.

As for the requirements of reworking the skills i am done with the augment skills atm

As for the npcskills.sql and the AI update i don't think that they will be so hard to do

As for the items refactor i do not understand why it is needed.If you could explain why i would be grateful.

Right now i am still in an alpha stage of this patch and i have done the following :

• Added the following effects : EffectBestowSkill , EffectDebuff , EffectRecoverForce , EffectImmobileUntilAttacked and all the Signet Effects
  • Added L2SignetZone
  • Reworked some skillhandlers (SummonFriend and Signet)
  • Reworked the augmentation data table
  • Corrected Some skills in the following xmls : 0300-0399 , 0400-0499 , 1300-1399 , 1400-1499 , 2100-2199
    3200-3299 , 4100-4199 , 4200-4299 , 4500-4599 and 5100-5199

I do not refer to changes to L2Skill , L2Effect and L2Charcter which are obvious.

So all in all, i want you to tell me what to do . Would it be good to finish it up, or just let it be?

Well after that stupid week on MxC which made me "500 internal error" and "502 Gateway error", I can finally answer. That's my 4th fockin answer, the 3 others were more bigger and detailed, but are lost.

Items using skills are following : +4 passive dual, extractable items, potions/scrolls and all consumables with effects, all SAs.

You must add ChanceTrigger both for SAs (critical stun % luck) and mirage skill type.

As I told you, without an item refactor you don't have to edit items skills, cause they won't be used. If you care only about players, I guess it's fine.

Well after that stupid week on MxC which made me "500 internal error" and "502 Gateway error", I can finally answer. That's my 4th fockin answer, the 3 others were more bigger and detailed, but are lost.

Items using skills are following : +4 passive dual, extractable items, potions/scrolls and all consumables with effects, all SAs.

You must add ChanceTrigger both for SAs (critical stun % luck) and mirage skill type.

As I told you, without an item refactor you don't have to edit items skills, cause they won't be used. If you care only about players, I guess it's fine.

Well ok i will try those. Thanks for the guide ;)