Using Gameguard With Authgated

Hi,

I am going to show, how to use GameGuard's CSAuth2 protocol with the AuthGated daemon. This will force players attempting to login to respond to correct GGQuery, or they will not login...

Details regarding CSAuth2 protocol will not be explained in this post... nor will I share the 64-bit ggauth60.dll used with l2server.exe

You the reader may do this discovery on your own time.

\AuthGated\csauth2.cfg: in this file should contain number that follows ggauth##.dll in his name. For this we are using ggauth60.dll, which I attach to this thread for you... make sure inside of this file is 60 and nothing more.

\AuthGated\etc\config.txt -- to this file, append:

PHP Code:

useGameGuard=true

checkGameGuard=true

ggNumActive=1

ggUseLog=1

ggLogInvalid=true

ggUseUpdateTimer=1

Now, copy ggauth60.dll to the AuthGated folder. Restart the AuthGated daemon... using either Authd.exe or Authd_.exe for not hauthd... auth server will now use GameGuard CSAuth2 when player attempts to login.

http://www.multiupload.com/1V9TYZLH6J

-Fyyre

hi smeli,

NCSoft add GameGuard with release of C2 (if I remember correctly) -- so to make work with C1.. would require a good bit of work.  If you are interested in attempting this, I can provide what is needed.

-Fyyre

thank you,

it is possible to use this with c1 server using this mysterious protocol?

• 4 weeks later...

well i have it authd and authgate working fine, but now i can't login :P, i stuck at the system, i have gameguard.des but i think it isn't the correct version, so if anyone managed to work connect using authgate, it would be nice if you help me out, thx

• 2 years later...