[Tutorial] Transparent Signature - the basic principles

Hello, in this tutorial you will learn the basics of how signature should look like. It's annyoing more and more when you see crappy images.

I let myself to use this "signature" made by Tinakoc as an example:

TiNaKoCKratosupdatee.png

So let's start:

1. The edges., FFS are you blind or what?

Never left such edges, never. Remove them by Erase Tool.

bordersn.png

2. Vector (render) Quality.

2.1 Keep the scale 1:1 ... Ctrl+T and hold Shift while resizing, so your vector will not look retarded.

2.2 If your vector have white borders like this one, find better one or remove them by Erase Tool and zooming it.

2.3 Play with Contrast, Color Balance, Blur and Sharp.

borders2.png

3. Brushes, Effects and Depth.

Usually, prople are thinking that background should be behind the render. No you are wrong. Use brushes under and over the vector. If you wnat to paste vector on some background, better close Photoshop. Work a little more, use your brain and create something more than background + vector + text.

So, let's play.

Resources?

This vector:

http://www.renders-graphiques.fr/image/upload/normal/1297_render_render_kratos_gow_1.png

And one cloud Brush.

Create new file.

Paste your vector.

Now create one layer under and one layer over the vector layer. This way you will have space to create background.

Now lets use brush on layer under vector, or other called - BEHIND THE GUY:

new1rq.png

Yea, half of work is done. Now do the same on layer over the vector or other called - BEFORE THE GUY:

new2e.png

And we have ready our background, very simple but hey, it's tutorial with basics.

4. Finishing with additional stuff.

About what am I talkng about? I mean Blur/Sharp effects and some light sources on vector so it can look more real. Also shadow is included as finishing thing, but maybe in next tutorial

So, sharp the places which are close, in this case face, knee and arms. Blur parts which are further - leg and feets.

Now it's time to add some light sources, you can use the same cloud brush, resize it and change brush type to Linear Dodge (Add) and brush on vector. Check how it will look after all that changes:

new3j.png

5. Text.

http://www.dafont.com/ - go there and download some cool fonts.

5.1 If you have font, think about color... red clothes so guess what color of text? Oh your are an genius! Yes red! 5.2 Placement and size, play with that, test many places and choose the best size.

Ok, here is text, layer with text is UNDER vector and clouds layers:

new4y.png

Kinda borring so lets add some effects. Outer and Inner Glow first. After that some light, do the same what you did on vector (Linear Dodge Add) with red color. Here is the outcome:

new5d.png

I'm full of hope that after reading this, images like those from top of the post will just gone. Enjoy.

Credits:Hellish

I don't remember that I allow you to copy my tutorial from other forum and place here..

He add your credits , so where is your problem ?

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...