[Help] NPC Voice

sakuya32

Question

Hi eveyone. I'm trying to make a custom NPC with a voice sound just like the ones in Freya expansion. I have successfully made a UAX file with the sound files for my custom NPC, but I can't find how to link that file to my NPC.  Right now what I did was take a current talking NPC and added the custom voice to it. The problem with this is that everytime I change that NPC's template the voice disappears.

Does anyone knows how can I make my custom UAX file to work with a Custom NPC?  (BTW I already have both the voice files and the NPC made, I just can't seem to link or tell the game to use that voice sound.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

[Edit] Sorry not to mention I'm using Freya client with a L2j Server version 4626.

3 answers to this question

Verify first if your UAX is readable using UTPT : http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/UTPT

If your uax loads correctly and you can launch your sound with it, basically that removes the file itself from the list of evils ^^.

To read a sound from another uax than originals (seems there is a basic path) you have to give the package aswell. Here's with an exemple using "ItemSound2" package :

PlaySound SRace2 = new PlaySound(0, "ItemSound2.race_start", 1, 121209259, 12125, 182487, -3559);
activeChar.sendPacket(SRace2);

As you can see, it loads file "race_start" from package "ItemSound2".

Gl,

Tk.

Cool I was able to make it work. I just did a simple script that on event OnFirstTalk the NPC opens up its HTML like normal but it I added the voice via the st.playSound("Voice.hello") line.

Yup, my exemple was for java, cause python... Errrrmmmm.

Anyway, happy it works ^^ Must be funny to see one mob talking. There's 3D positioning effect ?

Post a vid XD.