NPC buffs party

jinsu

Question

Hi guys,

im sorry if some topic like this has already been discussed, but i cant use the search-function.. it tells me im not allowed to search in this forum ..

What i wanna do is smth like a NPC-Buffer... but for Party.

So you go to the NPC, click 1 button .. and your whole party gets 1 buff.

I thought of smth like a list, wich all the partymembers are loaded into. After 1 player clicked "buff" a for-loop is running... if membercount in list > 0 getObjectID() and add the buff. After that delete him from that List.

Any1 can help me develop that ? i never worked with lists so far.. so im kinda greenhorn on that section :-/

greetings

2 answers to this question

This is the exact same principe than individual, except you use a "for" loop taking all party members.

Many exemples exist through the code, just type "member" on eclipse search tool, you should find 2 cases, clan members, and party members. Just open files which talk of party, and search for "for" loops examples. You can search aswell from the //recall_party command, which uses same mechanism in roder to find all members of a party, (except you port them to you instead of buff them, but it's secondary).

You have to check first if the guy is on a party.

-> If yes (party != null, or activeChar party == true), for all party members, do the same action you will normally do at solo (if they're != null aswell, to avoid NPEs cases due to disconnections).

-> If no, do the solo action on the character himself.

Buffs haven't to be changed.

Feel free to post your try in order to get some help. If you're lazy, well  ::) I'm not the good people to ask for patch'n'play.

I will post my try's and how i tested to sort it out... cuz of 2 things....

1. other ppl may learn

2. i learn too

and im not lazy .. ^^ usually im not a guy who asks for help .. only if im realy stucked ^^