interlude [L2OFF] L2Hydra

gnajob3

Thats sad i dont see any points of preventing players for playing you stupid DDoSers.Anyway i will wait the reopening

There are people that DDOS, for something like "ransom", actually a lot of people here do that ( I won't say names) but they know who they are. Faggets need to get a life.

There are people that DDOS, for something like "ransom", actually a lot of people here do that ( I won't say names) but they know who they are. Faggets need to get a life.

I started to like people that ddos server cuz only the "good" survive ... that means no more loljava servers, no more loloff for money servers .. :)

I started to like people that ddos server cuz only the "good" survive ... that means no more loljava servers, no more loloff for money servers .. :)

Let some tard kids decide what is a good server and what it's not.

The truth is that a server can't survive against ddos atacks only with a high price, and many owners can't pay for that protection

so instead of ddos-sing 500 jave high pvp servers that even  my little sister can make u are ddos-ing servers with 2k ppl?nc..

Unfortunately these days if you decide to open a server you are going to get ddosed. The bigger your server is the bigger target you are. The only option is to move to a ddos protected network. Using software protection, external hardware protection (like firebox or even cisco) are not enough. Upgrading your connection to 1gbps is not going to help it is only going to cost you more. If the attacker is already hitting you with a large scale attack he is going to be able to kill your 1gbps right up to 10gbit/s 10mil/pps.

Especially with large servers these guys are making money or at least trying to. You get ddosed and than are contacted saying they xxxx amount of $$ to stop the attack.

It sucks that the community has come to that. So if you are going to start a server seriously think about going with people like staminus, blacklotus, gigenet, or dragonara. These people specialize in protecting you from ddos attacks. Is it more expensive...ofc. But you have to do it if you are going to have a serious server. Do your research on those companies 1 may not be as suitable for you as the other. For example one of Dragonaras main partners is Cogent which is not great quality bandwidth and the routing for europeans is horrible.

Do your research!!

somewhere i can undestand those lol ddoser

there is SO many kid  who dl  l2j and open a totaly fail server

since i play private  first time i see  "server boom"

each week  5 6 server open  come on :(

i dream the day who every kid stop open server and  only few serious one stay

it will be like  L2RU  10 server totaly full  5000 online

back to topic : hydra failed

A kid opening a "fail" server has nothing to do with it at all, in fact those kind of servers are probably the LAST servers that would be DDOS'd, wtf is the point of attacking it if its failing on its own? On the other hand, like Hydra, it was a LARGE community, and was too successful for a DDOS'er to bypass. Those are the kind of servers that are mainly targeted, large scale, high populated, successful servers. So saying Hydra failed, makes you fail.

Sure, it unfortunate that the staff couldn't have the server well protected, but they would be looking at thousands of dollars most likely for something worth using, not no fucking cisco), especially for the large scale attacks they are getting now (started with a 'small' UDP attack, then increased, so someone is not -beep-ing around) and face it Hydra's donation list is fairly cheap, even with 2k players, most are not going to be donating(maybe over a long time-line, but not all at once).

A kid opening a "fail" server has nothing to do with it at all, in fact those kind of servers are probably the LAST servers that would be DDOS'd, wtf is the point of attacking it if its failing on its own? On the other hand, like Hydra, it was a LARGE community, and was too successful for a DDOS'er to bypass. Those are the kind of servers that are mainly targeted, large scale, high populated, successful servers. So saying Hydra failed, makes you fail.

Sure, it unfortunate that the staff couldn't have the server well protected, but they would be looking at thousands of dollars most likely for something worth using, not no -beep-ing cisco), especially for the large scale attacks they are getting now (started with a 'small' UDP attack, then increased, so someone is not -beep-ing around) and face it Hydra's donation list is fairly cheap, even with 2k players, most are not going to be donating(maybe over a long time-line, but not all at once).

Nicely said.

Nicely said.

sure.Its like anarchy-those ppl are against government but they break people's shops instead of governement's buildings.I dont see any l2j pvp server closing itself.Coz everyday a new one opens and this situation will never stop.BUT if people see they will get ddosed they wont open a such server.I HOPE FU** DDOSERS WILL SEE THIS.THEY ARE STUPID NOLIFERS.just for this reason above.