Hello players! Chronicles of the past reopened yesterday on 01-02-2019.
This is a serious Interlude build aimed at a long life.
- L2J Interlude Build
- 15XP, other rates are all 5
- Alt+B Buffer in towns. Buff duration 2 hours
- Overhauled and rebalanced PvP system (read website for more info)
- Balanced Adena based economy with its own correction measures
- Unique raid boss and epic system (read website for more info)
- Multiple methods of guaranteeing our players large PvP battles - Very good mob pathing and geodata (VERY VERY VERY GOOD)
- S grade Apella. Upgradeable from A grade. Apella set bonus working
- Enchant system ensures A grade and B grade armor can be used on end game build
- Olympiad, retail like
- Boosted siege experience. Guards / Mercenaries are a force to be reckoned with
We attempt to make a long lasting server. This server is for people who want longevity and stability. VISIT OUR WEBSITE OR FACEBOOK GROUP FOR MORE INFORMATION AND VIDEOS ON OUR FEATURES https://www.l2cotp.com https://www.facebook.com/l2cotp
1. General Philosophy:
L2COTP is a craft / pvp type server. No custom GM shop for B/A/S exist. We have a custom VIP shop that allows players to buy epic quest items (Portal Stone, Floating Stone, Noble Quest Item etc.). On this server with our relatively low rates, players must farm to create batches of gear which they will then enchant to the desired level. This is the craft aspect of the game. The PvP aspect of the game refers to multiple measures that force players to PvP for certain gains. Examples are:
- Grand Boss Combat Zone (AQ, Core, Orfen, Zaken, Antharas, Baium, Valakas, Frintezza/ImperialTomb)
- Players flag whenever they hit a normal raid boss
We have ensured that our economy will stay stable enough for new players and existing players who use extensive asset management to build their characters towards an end game build.
2. More about the raid system:
On our server, the general idea on epic bosses and regular raid bosses, is that after PvP has taken place, the winner gets the opportunity to kill the boss. On most private servers, killing bosses has become a routine job. We have therefore, boosted all bosses in game.
All epic and regular raid bosses have been boosted. Stats have been increased drastically. Killing bosses means bringing the right classes and enough people. You will also need to bring escorts to protect you against enemy players. Attacking any boss will make you flag so enemy players can easily sabotage your raid. Bosses level 58+ and epic bosses also drop the Gold currency. Relevant areas around epic bosses are turned into combat zones. In this area, killing other players is without consequence. Additionally, killing a player outside of the zone while the killer is standing in the zone, will not lead to karma or PK points.
To make epic bosses more challenging, their stat boost is substantial but they have also been made vulnerable to debuffs. Root, stun, sleep, slow / entangle / freezing strike, poison, bleed, silence, Demon Wind, Blizzard, Inferno etc., are landable.
The following skills have been changed specifically for epic boss slaying:
- Demon Wind: Sets HP Regen to 0 for 120 seconds
- Blizzard: Sets speed to 40% for 120 seconds
- Inferno: Deals ALOT of damage per tick. Ticks once per 3 seconds for 120 seconds. Total damage: 700.000+ HP on an epic boss
These skills are absolutely nessecary for Baium, Antharas and Valakas.
3. More about Clans / Alliances:
Clans are made and levelled up just like official servers. Multiple quests need to be done and reputation must be farmed at some point. For clan reputation, raidbosses can be killed. They instantly offer clan reputation to the party dealing the final hit. Beware though, attacking any raid boss will make you flag.
Regarding alliances, we allow only up to 2 clans in 1 alliance. This has been done to ensure a 3 or 4 sided server. Coalition deals between alliances are always possible but this still leads to separate sovereign alliances.
4. Enchanting / S, A, B:
We will not disclose the exact mechanism behind our enchant system. We consider +6 S grade to be a good end-game armor set. We have measured and ensured that our enchant system gives players a reasonable chance to obtain +6 S grade armor when they have invested the proper time and effort. To give PvP and character builds an extra dimension, we have modified the A and B enchant rates so that the effort to enchant A and B armors to +10 and +12, is about just as difficult as S grade to +6. The pdef of A and B armor items has been changed appropriately. This leads to a situation where A, B and S enchanted at +12, +10 and +6, have similar pdef. Players are now able to use any A. B or S armor set on an end game built without having to sacrifice unreasonable amounts of pdef. As +6 S grade is considered to be end game, new players will not be at a very great disadvantage compared to older players.
- Archers with a +10 MJ Light set have similar pdef to Drac +6 Light
- Daggers with +10 DC Light or +10 NM Light have similar pdef to Drac +6
- Daggers with +12 Zubei Light have similar pdef to Drac +6
- Duelists / Destroyers with +10 Tallum Heavy have similar pdef to IC +6 (ex. the pdef % bonus)
- Tanks / SWS with +12 Doom Heavy have similar pdef to IC +6 (ex. the pdef % bonus)
Here is a quick impression of the first weekend, alot of people in D and C grade. So far, there are no complete B or A sets on the server. Today the first player hit 76+ & Third class.
One clan was able to kill a higher level boss. This was done the old fashioned way by debuffing and slowing the boss. They used DEMON WIND to stop his HP regeneration. Then they kited the boss and brought enough firepower and heal/recharge power to outlast the boss.
D and C armor while farming, debuffing, kiting and outlasting raid bosses. This is the old L2 like C1 - C4 retail. This is what COTP is about.
So far, no epics killed. The server is progressing steadily with a loyal core of players.