Seeking Aspiring Java Developers

GTHaxor

Question

Some of you may have heard of L2Luna and our desire for real customization. Unfortunately, I don't consider any past attempts of Luna as successes because of the limitations of L2Off. We are now moving to L2J and have high hopes of the availability and access given by its source.

I am currently looking for knowledgable Java developers who show interest in joining our team to create a new game. Our goal is to create a fun experience for players by using a core set of game design principles (which have already been outlined), understanding our target audience, and listening to the community.

Unlike most L2 servers, we plan to only use the source code as.. a source and nothing else. Everything related to L2 will likely be removed and new modules will need to be developed and coded.

This is an ambitious project and will need support for at least a year or more. This project is for you if you want to build a good portfolio for future employment at an AAA game studio.

Let me know if you are interested or have any questions. Details of the project can be explained here if requested. Thanks

11 answers to this question

i can tell you, you are Looking in the wrong Forum for Professional java Coders, and i guess noone is gonna do hardwork on a project for a Year for free when you got tons of Nondevelopers looking for a dev wich will be paid

i can tell you, you are Looking in the wrong Forum for Professional java Coders, and i guess noone is gonna do hardwork on a project for a Year for free when you got tons of Nondevelopers looking for a dev wich will be paid

I know what I'm up against and aware that most people on here would like compensation for their work. I'm not looking for these people since I won't be getting compensation either. This project is going to be a completely non-profit endeavor and money will never be an issue. I am only looking for people who would like to use their work as a launching pad into the industry and not to make a few bucks in the short term.

This project is for those who are interested in their long term careers in the gaming industry.

But you still want to use L2 client, right?

I guess we would need to use the L2 client temporarily but ideally, I'd like to move away from the retail client and develop a new client. We will definitely have to look for client developers but this probably isn't the best place to look for client devs and 3D artists.

I guess we would need to use the L2 client temporarily but ideally, I'd like to move away from the retail client and develop a new client. We will definitely have to look for client developers but this probably isn't the best place to look for client devs and 3D artists.

Check L2JServer forum, there is special section with few development attempts of new Java Based Client.

Few are even really impressive.                     

Check L2JServer forum, there is special section with few development attempts of new Java Based Client.

Few are even really impressive.                     

Yea, I saw a few of them and they are quite impressive. The only thing they're missing is a good 3D artist ;) Which can be found easily on other forums. For now I need to find an unemployed Java developer (haha)

Also as I remember there is server project called "Lineage3" (? - maybe im wrong)

There were removing current L2 "features", game style etc, and adding their own, new.

Skills, new gameplay etc.

But in my opinion, whole new client is the biggest challenge.

I am a java game/server developer >.> meaning that the games i do are bound to java. Im no 3d artist but if you get me some i can code a client for you on LWJGL - OpenGL 3.0.

And just think of the portability -> Every Android Appliance, PC(Mac, linux, windows), PS3, XBOX, Every Nintendo(Tho game consoles require licence)

Also i might add that java monkey engine(jme is sponsored by ncsoft btw) has a shader system which leave some c++ game engines behind. Post FX, Ambient, Terrain, 3D Sound, HDR, Bullet Physics engine, Post Filters and Free

Just take a look for yourself: http://jmonkeyengine.org/ http://jmonkeyengine.com/ Very active members.

NcSoft jme2 Project: (jme 2 works on OpenGL 1 or 2.. cant remember right..)

Poisonville also jme2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MBe21dnvrU

Jme 3 is still Alpha 3 but its advancing really damn fast.

More at: http://www.youtube.com/user/jMonkeyEngine

This is the kind of post I've been waiting for. JME looks impressive and seems to be the best way to approach the client issue. A good friend was telling me about MS's XNA but I told him I would need to use Java (which he hates).

I sent you a PM Setekh